“Excellent location, attentive staff, great rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Park Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5AJ, England   |
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, attentive staff, great rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at the Park Central Hotel for one night while we were visiting Bournemouth. We have stayed there before and did not really look at any other hotels before booking this one. It is not a ridiculous price (like some of the hotels in Bournemouth) yet you still get a little luxury treatment. The rooms aren't huge but they have everything you would ever need and the free Wi-Fi is a definite plus. The location is just perfect: it's directly opposite the BIC and the parking, also in the BIC, is a great plus too. The breakfast had both a large continental selection and some cooked options. We very much enjoyed it.The reception staff did everything they could to help us and we will definitely stay here again.

Thank you Park Central Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your 5* feedback about your recent one night stay! It’s lovely that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves. I have passed on your comments to our Reception staff, who are pleased to hear that you were appreciative of their attentiveness and friendliness during your stay. I do hope you will keep us in mind for any future visit, and if we can assist you with a booking or any enquiries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was an impulse trip, and we booked this place mainly as it was one of few that had a room left on the day we arrived. It didn't disappoint, was a lovely little room with nice bathroom. I never like eating in hotel restaurants, as i usually venture a little further afield, but the restaurant in here was superb, fantastic seafood.
Also a great location to pop out and see all that bournemouth has to offer. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ideally away from the roadside, but even that wasn't too loud
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello, and thank you very much for choosing to stay with and review us at The Park Central Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you were not disappointed with having an impulse stay – we hope you enjoyed yourselves in Bournemouth! It’s also brilliant to hear that whilst you usually dislike eating in hotel restaurants, you did dine with us in The Crab Restaurant and found it to be ‘superb’; both of our Restaurant and Kitchen teams are very pleased to hear it. Lastly, thank you for highly recommending us, and I hope you will be keeping us in mind for any future stay. We will of course be looking forward to your return.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed here on many occasion both for work and more recently with my husband and toddler for a family holiday.
All the staff without exception are friendly, the rooms are clean and homely with a location you can't beat for the beach!

We were kindly upgraded to a sea view as we were visiting Bournemouth for my husbands birthday and our room was absolutely stunning. It was spotless and large enough for a toddler to run around in! The view was also breathtaking.
I am so glad we stayed here for our first night of our holiday (my only regret was not booking earlier as we had to stay elsewhere for the duration of the holiday due to no available rooms. do not stay at hotel miramar, awful place!)

At park central the staff are welcoming, accommodating and really made our stay very pleasant.

Will be staying here again! Xx

Stayed August 2014
First and foremost, thank you for being one of our returning guests to The Park Central Hotel – we are very much appreciative of your loyalty. I’m glad you found the staff to be friendly without exception, that you enjoy our wonderful beach location, and feel that the hotel is ‘clean and homely’. Furthermore, I am pleased to hear you chose us for your special occasion and that we were able to help you celebrate! I’m glad you and your husband enjoyed the upgrade to our fabulous Sea View rooms. As you have noticed, we do tend to fill up extremely quickly in summer, so it is best to book as far in advance as possible for accommodation to avoid disappointment. I hope we can welcome you back for a longer visit in the near future, and thank you for having us in mind already! If we can help you with anything at all, do not hesitate to contact our friendly Reception team on 01202 203600. See you soon.
Farnborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as we had booked tickets to see a show at the Pavillion Theatre and thought a short stay would be nice, as Bournemouth is one of our favourite destinations on the South Coast.
Normally we stay at the Premier Inn in Bournemouth, and have always been very happy, but this time decided to treat ourselves and stay somewhere a bit more upmarket.
The good points first:-
Hotel was spotless throughout, rooms and public areas.
The staff in both the hotel and restaurant, The Crab, were friendly and helpful.
Our evening meal in the restaurant was excellent and so were the breakfasts.
The hotel is located in an a very convenient position, right opposite the BIC, 5 minutes from beach, gardens/park, shops and Pavillion Theatre.
Now the not so good points:-
We had booked a classic double room which was located on the top (5th) floor room 501.
The room was beautifully furnished and very clean, but it was in the roof which meant that one side of the room was taken up with a very low, sloping ceiling.
We live in a dormer house and are used to sloping ceilings, but this was so bad that to walk round the end of the bed, we had to bend down, and I'm only just over 5 feet!
What made it even more difficult, was the fact that there was very little floor space at the end of the bed, which obviously made the lack of ceiling space worse.
Two armchairs were placed under the low ceiling , but faced away from the TV which was at the other end of the room, and the tea and coffee making facilities were in a separate hall way 4 stairs up, so the chairs were just there for show I think.
There is no proper shower in the bathroom, as the lack of ceiling height doesn't allow for this, just a hand held shower attachment with the taps.
The windows were all in the roof, and when we went to bed the 1st night we opened them up totally, as by then the room felt like a greenhouse. Because the traffic noise was unbearable, we had to close the windows, and as the fan in the room sounded like a tractor had to suffer the heat. Not a good nights sleep.
Reading through other reviews we're not the only guests to experience this, but their stay was during the very hot weather our weather was cooler.
The 2nd night was a little better as temperatures had dropped further, but during the day the room was unbearably hot and claustrophobic and it was impossible to spend any length of time in there.
The hotel doesn't have a separate lounge area, (which I thought strange for a 4 star hotel) just 2 sofas and 2 armchairs in the restaurant, which was always very popular and busy.
Reception directed us to the 3rd floor where a small balcony had been furnished but it was locked and raining by then.
Would I go back? I don't think so.
This is a shame as the staff try very hard and the issues we had weren't their fault, but I think there are other, less pricey hotels with better facilities.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms in the roof, unless you are less than 2 feet tall. Rooms at the back of the hotel ma...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I would like to thank you for leaving your recent feedback about us. I am pleased to read your positive points – how you appreciated the hotel being spotless, the service you received thorughout the stay from staff, and other points such as the ‘excellent’ meal you had and our wonderfully central location. However, thank you for bringing to my attention your alternative points about the room temperature, the fan, and the sloping ceilings in Room 501. As you have already noticed, Bournemouth was enduring a small heatwave, where temperatures have recently been higher than anticipated. I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused and must thank you for your understanding and patience. Moreover, I am disappointed to hear of your discomfort with Room 501 – this is the only room in the hotel which, because of the structure of the room, cannot accommodate a walk-in shower as you have noticed, however like all other rooms still accommodates our modern, airy décor and Park Central touch. The other rooms have either a walk-in shower only, or both the facilities of a shower and bath – these do differ from room to room. If I could kindly suggest that if you wish to stay with us once again, to request a room away from the fifth level and with your preference of a shower – our Receptionists would be more than happy to assist you, as your satisfaction is paramount. If I could also kindly add that if you do find any difficulty with your room on any occasion, to please contact Reception at the time where we would try our hardest to look into finding a satisfactory resolution for you. Furthermore, I am pleased to know that you have noticed our staff particularly make an effort, however that you still were disappointed with some of our features – if you would wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on 01202 203600, or by my email aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk.
Melksham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel, with fairly traditional decor. The location is fantastic, only 5 mins walk from the beach and great sea views from my suite. The bed was comfortable and everywhere was clean. The only negative was the oppressive heat in the bedroom which I could not cool down with either opening the windows or using the fan. To be fair we had just had a very hot spell of weather, but today's hotels need to have air con. Very pleasant staff efficient and smiling and a superb cooked breakfast in the morning. I would probably stay again for the location and value for money

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the gorgeous sea views from your window, the breakfast in The Crab restaurant, and the service you received throughout the stay from our staff. However, I have taken on board your comments regarding the temperature of the room – as you have noticed, Bournemouth was enduring a small heatwave during your visit, where temperatures were considerably higher than what we are used to. It’s great to hear that you will be returning to us in the future due to our location, your previous comments and the value for money – we will be looking forward to welcoming you. If there is anything else we can do for you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or our friendly Reception team. Thank you once again.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We booked this hotel as we were going to a concert at The Bournemouth International Centre which is dead opposite so was very convenient. We stayed a couple of nights. It is very central, which is good in some respects, however it was quite noisy, because it was so hot, we had to leave the windows open which didn't help. The room was spacious and had a nice sea view. The bed was very comfortable. Strangely we had 2 televisions in our room, one a whopping 50 inch screen and a more normal size one, not sure why you need 2 tellies in the same room, but it must appeal to someone. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast on day 1 was very good, however day 2 (Saturday) was a different story, we had a long wait and the food was not properly cooked. On a positive note, when we complained, we were not charged for this breakfast. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was very pleasant. All in all we had a nice stay. If you are looking to be in the centre of things, this hotel is ideal, the trade off is that the local hustle and bustle can be a bit noisy, especially at the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we are most appreciative. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and sea view, the convenience of our placement directly opposite the BIC, and the service you received from our ‘pleasant’ and ‘helpful’ Reception staff. They are very pleased to hear it. I have also taken on board your comments regarding breakfast and external noise. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast on the 2nd morning, but I am glad that a satisfactory resolution was found for you. Furthermore, I do apologise if you were affected by some external noise during your visit. As you have already noted, Bournemouth is bustling and more lively in summer, and I hope once again that no inconvenience was caused because of this. Lastly, our Signature rooms are the best rooms we have to offer in the hotel – on many occasions, these rooms will be made up to accommodate families who bring their children. The two televisions we feel are a great addition to these rooms, whereby they offer some separate space and the opportunity to watch different shows on an evening, which is regularly welcomed. Once again, thank you for all of your feedback, and I hope you enjoyed your show at the BIC and will consider us should you return to Bournemouth again.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a three nigh break at the Park Central on late availability. Our room was on the top floor and it was facing the BCC. the Room was very well presented clean and comfortable. Staff are excellent and the breakfast is table service and also excellent. Parking is at extra charge in hotel reserved bays in the BCC car park. we were also blessed with excellent weather. I did not try the restaurant but would when I visit again. Very close to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for leaving your lovely feedback! It’s great to hear how you so enjoyed your three-night getaway with us, and pleased to hear you thought your room was comfortable and well-presented. I have also passed on your comments about our ‘excellent’ service to our teams – we are all very pleased to hear it. Lastly, I am glad the weather stayed sunny and hot for your visit. I do hope you will use your 10% discount card to return to us in Bournemouth once again! We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!