“Best hotel in Bournemouth!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5AJ, England   |
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Best hotel in Bournemouth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed here on many occasion both for work and more recently with my husband and toddler for a family holiday.
All the staff without exception are friendly, the rooms are clean and homely with a location you can't beat for the beach!

We were kindly upgraded to a sea view as we were visiting Bournemouth for my husbands birthday and our room was absolutely stunning. It was spotless and large enough for a toddler to run around in! The view was also breathtaking.
I am so glad we stayed here for our first night of our holiday (my only regret was not booking earlier as we had to stay elsewhere for the duration of the holiday due to no available rooms. do not stay at hotel miramar, awful place!)

At park central the staff are welcoming, accommodating and really made our stay very pleasant.

Will be staying here again! Xx

Stayed August 2014
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
First and foremost, thank you for being one of our returning guests to The Park Central Hotel – we are very much appreciative of your loyalty. I’m glad you found the staff to be friendly without exception, that you enjoy our wonderful beach location, and feel that the hotel is ‘clean and homely’. Furthermore, I am pleased to hear you chose us for your special occasion and that we were able to help you celebrate! I’m glad you and your husband enjoyed the upgrade to our fabulous Sea View rooms. As you have noticed, we do tend to fill up extremely quickly in summer, so it is best to book as far in advance as possible for accommodation to avoid disappointment. I hope we can welcome you back for a longer visit in the near future, and thank you for having us in mind already! If we can help you with anything at all, do not hesitate to contact our friendly Reception team on 01202 203600. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Farnborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as we had booked tickets to see a show at the Pavillion Theatre and thought a short stay would be nice, as Bournemouth is one of our favourite destinations on the South Coast.
Normally we stay at the Premier Inn in Bournemouth, and have always been very happy, but this time decided to treat ourselves and stay somewhere a bit more upmarket.
The good points first:-
Hotel was spotless throughout, rooms and public areas.
The staff in both the hotel and restaurant, The Crab, were friendly and helpful.
Our evening meal in the restaurant was excellent and so were the breakfasts.
The hotel is located in an a very convenient position, right opposite the BIC, 5 minutes from beach, gardens/park, shops and Pavillion Theatre.
Now the not so good points:-
We had booked a classic double room which was located on the top (5th) floor room 501.
The room was beautifully furnished and very clean, but it was in the roof which meant that one side of the room was taken up with a very low, sloping ceiling.
We live in a dormer house and are used to sloping ceilings, but this was so bad that to walk round the end of the bed, we had to bend down, and I'm only just over 5 feet!
What made it even more difficult, was the fact that there was very little floor space at the end of the bed, which obviously made the lack of ceiling space worse.
Two armchairs were placed under the low ceiling , but faced away from the TV which was at the other end of the room, and the tea and coffee making facilities were in a separate hall way 4 stairs up, so the chairs were just there for show I think.
There is no proper shower in the bathroom, as the lack of ceiling height doesn't allow for this, just a hand held shower attachment with the taps.
The windows were all in the roof, and when we went to bed the 1st night we opened them up totally, as by then the room felt like a greenhouse. Because the traffic noise was unbearable, we had to close the windows, and as the fan in the room sounded like a tractor had to suffer the heat. Not a good nights sleep.
Reading through other reviews we're not the only guests to experience this, but their stay was during the very hot weather our weather was cooler.
The 2nd night was a little better as temperatures had dropped further, but during the day the room was unbearably hot and claustrophobic and it was impossible to spend any length of time in there.
The hotel doesn't have a separate lounge area, (which I thought strange for a 4 star hotel) just 2 sofas and 2 armchairs in the restaurant, which was always very popular and busy.
Reception directed us to the 3rd floor where a small balcony had been furnished but it was locked and raining by then.
Would I go back? I don't think so.
This is a shame as the staff try very hard and the issues we had weren't their fault, but I think there are other, less pricey hotels with better facilities.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms in the roof, unless you are less than 2 feet tall. Rooms at the back of the hotel ma...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I would like to thank you for leaving your recent feedback about us. I am pleased to read your positive points – how you appreciated the hotel being spotless, the service you received thorughout the stay from staff, and other points such as the ‘excellent’ meal you had and our wonderfully central location. However, thank you for bringing to my attention your alternative points about the room temperature, the fan, and the sloping ceilings in Room 501. As you have already noticed, Bournemouth was enduring a small heatwave, where temperatures have recently been higher than anticipated. I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused and must thank you for your understanding and patience. Moreover, I am disappointed to hear of your discomfort with Room 501 – this is the only room in the hotel which, because of the structure of the room, cannot accommodate a walk-in shower as you have noticed, however like all other rooms still accommodates our modern, airy décor and Park Central touch. The other rooms have either a walk-in shower only, or both the facilities of a shower and bath – these do differ from room to room. If I could kindly suggest that if you wish to stay with us once again, to request a room away from the fifth level and with your preference of a shower – our Receptionists would be more than happy to assist you, as your satisfaction is paramount. If I could also kindly add that if you do find any difficulty with your room on any occasion, to please contact Reception at the time where we would try our hardest to look into finding a satisfactory resolution for you. Furthermore, I am pleased to know that you have noticed our staff particularly make an effort, however that you still were disappointed with some of our features – if you would wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on 01202 203600, or by my email aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk.
Melksham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel, with fairly traditional decor. The location is fantastic, only 5 mins walk from the beach and great sea views from my suite. The bed was comfortable and everywhere was clean. The only negative was the oppressive heat in the bedroom which I could not cool down with either opening the windows or using the fan. To be fair we had just had a very hot spell of weather, but today's hotels need to have air con. Very pleasant staff efficient and smiling and a superb cooked breakfast in the morning. I would probably stay again for the location and value for money

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the gorgeous sea views from your window, the breakfast in The Crab restaurant, and the service you received throughout the stay from our staff. However, I have taken on board your comments regarding the temperature of the room – as you have noticed, Bournemouth was enduring a small heatwave during your visit, where temperatures were considerably higher than what we are used to. It’s great to hear that you will be returning to us in the future due to our location, your previous comments and the value for money – we will be looking forward to welcoming you. If there is anything else we can do for you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or our friendly Reception team. Thank you once again.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We booked this hotel as we were going to a concert at The Bournemouth International Centre which is dead opposite so was very convenient. We stayed a couple of nights. It is very central, which is good in some respects, however it was quite noisy, because it was so hot, we had to leave the windows open which didn't help. The room was spacious and had a nice sea view. The bed was very comfortable. Strangely we had 2 televisions in our room, one a whopping 50 inch screen and a more normal size one, not sure why you need 2 tellies in the same room, but it must appeal to someone. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast on day 1 was very good, however day 2 (Saturday) was a different story, we had a long wait and the food was not properly cooked. On a positive note, when we complained, we were not charged for this breakfast. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was very pleasant. All in all we had a nice stay. If you are looking to be in the centre of things, this hotel is ideal, the trade off is that the local hustle and bustle can be a bit noisy, especially at the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we are most appreciative. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and sea view, the convenience of our placement directly opposite the BIC, and the service you received from our ‘pleasant’ and ‘helpful’ Reception staff. They are very pleased to hear it. I have also taken on board your comments regarding breakfast and external noise. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast on the 2nd morning, but I am glad that a satisfactory resolution was found for you. Furthermore, I do apologise if you were affected by some external noise during your visit. As you have already noted, Bournemouth is bustling and more lively in summer, and I hope once again that no inconvenience was caused because of this. Lastly, our Signature rooms are the best rooms we have to offer in the hotel – on many occasions, these rooms will be made up to accommodate families who bring their children. The two televisions we feel are a great addition to these rooms, whereby they offer some separate space and the opportunity to watch different shows on an evening, which is regularly welcomed. Once again, thank you for all of your feedback, and I hope you enjoyed your show at the BIC and will consider us should you return to Bournemouth again.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a three nigh break at the Park Central on late availability. Our room was on the top floor and it was facing the BCC. the Room was very well presented clean and comfortable. Staff are excellent and the breakfast is table service and also excellent. Parking is at extra charge in hotel reserved bays in the BCC car park. we were also blessed with excellent weather. I did not try the restaurant but would when I visit again. Very close to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for leaving your lovely feedback! It’s great to hear how you so enjoyed your three-night getaway with us, and pleased to hear you thought your room was comfortable and well-presented. I have also passed on your comments about our ‘excellent’ service to our teams – we are all very pleased to hear it. Lastly, I am glad the weather stayed sunny and hot for your visit. I do hope you will use your 10% discount card to return to us in Bournemouth once again! We will look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent stay.. Very welcoming staff, checked in early, with a Happy birthday card & sweets for my wife.. Nice touch..Wonderful signature suite with sea views and spacious, mini-fridge and separate sleeping area for kids,, new fresh & clean will be definately staying again as so close to beach and shops.. Superb..

Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us. I’m so pleased to hear that yourself and your wife enjoyed your special occasion in our gorgeous Signature rooms, enjoying the perks of the mini-fridge, stunning sea views and spacious area for the children. I hope we were able to make it a memorable stay. I’m also delighted to hear that you will be staying again with us when you are next in Bournemouth. I have happily passed on your feedback on to all of our teams, and we will all be looking forward to seeing you again. Remember to take advantage of your 10% discount by booking directly and presenting the voucher next time.
Kingswinford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Upon arrival(28/06/14), we were greeted with a friendly smile and checking in was a breeze. Having parked the car on The BIC centre which is right opposite in reserved bays for the hotel, at the very reasonable price of £7.50 per night, we went back across to the hotel and were shown our room. Ours was 501, which was on the top floor which was the converted loft space, but a very deceiving space. When opening the door you had a small landing where you tea and coffee were and you then descended 2 or 3 steps to the bedroom with an ensuite bathroom to the right. Because we were in the loft space the ceiling did slope and had several velux windows in place, but my partner and I did not find this a problem as we are only short! The decor was modern and the room was very clean. Our ensuite again was very modern and the cleanliness was faultless. My only gripe( which I must stress was not the hotels fault) was because of the sloping ceiling, a stand up shower was not possible to fit, so instead we had a good sized bath with a diverter tap to a shower hose.
When returning to reception, we were asked if would like to make a reservation in the restaurant which was attatched to the hotel(The Crab), which we did for later that evening. Without going into too much detail, lets just say with portion size and price, it wasn't the greatest meal we've ever had! On returning later to the room, it was a little hot to say the least being on the top floor under the tiles, but with the velux windows open we had a good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed.
Overall, I would definateley recommend this hotel, with it's very friendly and helpful staff, exceptionally clean rooms and situated in a prime spot in one of the country's top seaside resorts. We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you are a tall traveller, try to avoid 501, because as great a room it is, you may well come back...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us recently. I’m pleased to hear you found Room 501 modern and clean, yet would have preferred a room without sloping ceilings and a walk-in shower. As you have noticed, because of the structure of this room, this is the only one within the hotel with a bath only – our other rooms differ between offering both the bath and shower, or shower only. You are more than welcome to request a different room, or away from the fifth level completely when you rebook with us – our friendly Reception team will always be happy to listen and accommodate where possible any special requests. I am however disappointed to note your comments regarding the portion size and pricing in The Crab restaurant – we are in many people’s view one of the best seafood restaurants in Bournemouth, competitive with both quality and price. Lastly, I’m delighted to hear you had a lovely night’s sleep in the comfortable bed, and will be able to recommend us. Once again, thank you for all of your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Park Central very soon.

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!