“Mr Kandola” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5AJ, England   |
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Mr Kandola”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent stay.. Very welcoming staff, checked in early, with a Happy birthday card & sweets for my wife.. Nice touch..Wonderful signature suite with sea views and spacious, mini-fridge and separate sleeping area for kids,, new fresh & clean will be definately staying again as so close to beach and shops.. Superb..

Stayed July 2014
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us. I’m so pleased to hear that yourself and your wife enjoyed your special occasion in our gorgeous Signature rooms, enjoying the perks of the mini-fridge, stunning sea views and spacious area for the children. I hope we were able to make it a memorable stay. I’m also delighted to hear that you will be staying again with us when you are next in Bournemouth. I have happily passed on your feedback on to all of our teams, and we will all be looking forward to seeing you again. Remember to take advantage of your 10% discount by booking directly and presenting the voucher next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Kingswinford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Upon arrival(28/06/14), we were greeted with a friendly smile and checking in was a breeze. Having parked the car on The BIC centre which is right opposite in reserved bays for the hotel, at the very reasonable price of £7.50 per night, we went back across to the hotel and were shown our room. Ours was 501, which was on the top floor which was the converted loft space, but a very deceiving space. When opening the door you had a small landing where you tea and coffee were and you then descended 2 or 3 steps to the bedroom with an ensuite bathroom to the right. Because we were in the loft space the ceiling did slope and had several velux windows in place, but my partner and I did not find this a problem as we are only short! The decor was modern and the room was very clean. Our ensuite again was very modern and the cleanliness was faultless. My only gripe( which I must stress was not the hotels fault) was because of the sloping ceiling, a stand up shower was not possible to fit, so instead we had a good sized bath with a diverter tap to a shower hose.
When returning to reception, we were asked if would like to make a reservation in the restaurant which was attatched to the hotel(The Crab), which we did for later that evening. Without going into too much detail, lets just say with portion size and price, it wasn't the greatest meal we've ever had! On returning later to the room, it was a little hot to say the least being on the top floor under the tiles, but with the velux windows open we had a good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed.
Overall, I would definateley recommend this hotel, with it's very friendly and helpful staff, exceptionally clean rooms and situated in a prime spot in one of the country's top seaside resorts. We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you are a tall traveller, try to avoid 501, because as great a room it is, you may well come back...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us recently. I’m pleased to hear you found Room 501 modern and clean, yet would have preferred a room without sloping ceilings and a walk-in shower. As you have noticed, because of the structure of this room, this is the only one within the hotel with a bath only – our other rooms differ between offering both the bath and shower, or shower only. You are more than welcome to request a different room, or away from the fifth level completely when you rebook with us – our friendly Reception team will always be happy to listen and accommodate where possible any special requests. I am however disappointed to note your comments regarding the portion size and pricing in The Crab restaurant – we are in many people’s view one of the best seafood restaurants in Bournemouth, competitive with both quality and price. Lastly, I’m delighted to hear you had a lovely night’s sleep in the comfortable bed, and will be able to recommend us. Once again, thank you for all of your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Park Central very soon.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

From the moment i arrived until i checked out it was just a pleasure the check in girls welcomed you with a smile were efficient and couldn't do enough to make you feel at home from home.I arrived early so understandably my room wasnt ready they took my mobile nos and said the moment it was ready they would phone which they did about 1 hr before normal check in,the room was clean had a new feel nice size and nice new bathroom just a really pleasurable stay thanks hope to stay with you again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments. It is with delight that I pass on to our teams about how you felt at home with us, and how pleased you were with Reception with regards to the communication about the room being ready. I’m also glad that you were comfortable and found both the room and bathroom to be spacious and pleasant. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we can see you again in Bournemouth soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the car parking was easy just across the road at the BIC. And then we entered our room 412 it was just like walking into a greenhouse, the window only opened slightly and the fan was not much use, it needs an air con unit we did not get much sleep due to the heat in the room . The furniture is very tatty, and watch your legs on the edge of the bed we both have the bruises to proof it, the shower was okay but just a bit on the small side. Breakfast was okay but nothing special and the restaurant was dark.This hotel does not merit a 4 star rating , the best parts were the staff and the balcony on the landing which had some chairs to sit and take in the view. We could not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don`t stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for contributing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the recent update of the furnishing of the third floor balcony to sit out and enjoy, and also the service you received throughout the hotel from our friendly staff. However, I am disappointed to hear that you would not be able to recommend us on this occasion. Firstly, I have taken on board your comments regarding Room 412, and I do apologise if there was any inconvenience – at the moment, Bournemouth is enduring a heatwave in which temperatures are a lot higher than anticipated. Each room accommodates a fan and usually, with normal temperatures, this is sufficient. If in the future I could kindly urge you to contact Reception if you feel in any way uncomfortable – we would absolutely endeavour where possible to look into allocating you a second fan for example, or a room-change. In the meantime, thank you again for leaving your feedback and for your stay – if you wish to contact me further, you can reach me at aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk.
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times and yet again it didn't fail. I went for a sea view this time and was worth it. Glorious sunshine and amazing views.

The staff are excellent and always friendly and my three day stay was so easy.

When I decided to add Friday to my stay they were very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest – Thank you for your recent stay, and for leaving your kind comments! I’m glad to hear of your upgrade to the sea view rooms – absolutely, as I’m sure you agree, the beautiful Pier and tranquil coastal views are definitely worth having straight from your window. I would also like to thank you for being a returning guest to The Park Central Hotel, we do appreciate your loyalty and it will be wonderful to welcome you back once again should you wish to stay again in the future. I’m pleased you had a lovely time over your three days with us, thank you again.
Chandlers Ford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We researched this hotel on Trip Advisor for our recent trip to Bournemouth. We were attending a Wedding at a different hotel, so really only needed a place to sleep for the night, but still wanted comfort & ideal location. The reception staff were very professional & polite, and took us to our room which was on the top (5th) floor. The décor was immaculate, & lovely furniture, crisp white bedding - & even the dressing table was near the mirror, with 4 electric sockets!!! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in, which always has to be top of my list. However - because it was the very top of the building, it was probably an old attic room, so sloped ceilings in the bedroom and bathroom - not good if you're both 5'11. Because of the sloped bathroom ceiling, there was no room for a shower cubicle, or even a shower over the bath, just a hose attached to the taps, but you need to still sit down in the bath to use it. If we were going to be here for more than one night, I would have asked for another room, because I prefer a shower at the start of my day. It certainly wouldn't put me off recommending it though. I can't comment on any other facilities because we didn't use them. Although we did have breakfast, which was very tasty & set me up for the day ahead! Also, no parking available, you need to pay for a voucher for the multi story opposite - but with quite limited (& expensive) parking close by, this is not a negative :-)

Room Tip: Don't ask for a sea view - because you'll be right above the pedestrian crossing - so the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving your comments regarding your recent trip away with us. It’s lovely that you were able to have a wonderful night’s sleep with us, that you thought the room was well-equipped and the breakfast to be tasty! I hope we were able to make the occasion a nice visit to Bournemouth town. If you were to keep us in mind for future visits, may I kindly suggest requesting a room away from the fifth level if you preferred a room below – we always try our best to accommodate guest requests and would be happy to look at allocating an alternative room for you should you wish. I’m lastly very pleased to hear that you thought our staff teams were very polite and professional – I have happily passed on your comments which were very well received. I hope to be able to welcome you back to us in the near future, and thank you once again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed in Park Central July 16 checked out 18th,booked family room,2adults and a 2yr old,Double bed ok!,childs folding bed was unstable and a bit dangerous as the first one we had collapsed!and had to be replaced with an equally unstable folding bed ,both ends collapsed and a child could have trapped their fingers in it!!also the hairdrier literally burned out when switched on,it was replaced ,which is not the point!it could have burned the user!!On the plus side the breakfast was the best part of the stay also the location is good,furniture is also a bit dated!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us here in Bournemouth. I am pleased to hear your breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed, and that you found our central location to be useful to local amenities, such as the beach, gardens and the town. I have however noted your comments regarding our furnishings – I am very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the quality of our pop-up children’s beds. Please rest assured that I will be looking into this immediately, and I do apologise if there was any inconvenience caused. I am also sorry to hear about the issue with the hairdryer, in particular because these are newer models that we have had replaced within the last year – I am pleased however that this was replaced for you immediately, and I hope no further difficulty was encountered. Thank you once again for giving us your comments - if there is anything else I can assist with in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!