“A GEM IN BOURNEMOUTH” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
london
“A GEM IN BOURNEMOUTH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

From the moment i arrived until i checked out it was just a pleasure the check in girls welcomed you with a smile were efficient and couldn't do enough to make you feel at home from home.I arrived early so understandably my room wasnt ready they took my mobile nos and said the moment it was ready they would phone which they did about 1 hr before normal check in,the room was clean had a new feel nice size and nice new bathroom just a really pleasurable stay thanks hope to stay with you again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments. It is with delight that I pass on to our teams about how you felt at home with us, and how pleased you were with Reception with regards to the communication about the room being ready. I’m also glad that you were comfortable and found both the room and bathroom to be spacious and pleasant. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we can see you again in Bournemouth soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the car parking was easy just across the road at the BIC. And then we entered our room 412 it was just like walking into a greenhouse, the window only opened slightly and the fan was not much use, it needs an air con unit we did not get much sleep due to the heat in the room . The furniture is very tatty, and watch your legs on the edge of the bed we both have the bruises to proof it, the shower was okay but just a bit on the small side. Breakfast was okay but nothing special and the restaurant was dark.This hotel does not merit a 4 star rating , the best parts were the staff and the balcony on the landing which had some chairs to sit and take in the view. We could not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don`t stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for contributing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the recent update of the furnishing of the third floor balcony to sit out and enjoy, and also the service you received throughout the hotel from our friendly staff. However, I am disappointed to hear that you would not be able to recommend us on this occasion. Firstly, I have taken on board your comments regarding Room 412, and I do apologise if there was any inconvenience – at the moment, Bournemouth is enduring a heatwave in which temperatures are a lot higher than anticipated. Each room accommodates a fan and usually, with normal temperatures, this is sufficient. If in the future I could kindly urge you to contact Reception if you feel in any way uncomfortable – we would absolutely endeavour where possible to look into allocating you a second fan for example, or a room-change. In the meantime, thank you again for leaving your feedback and for your stay – if you wish to contact me further, you can reach me at aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk.
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times and yet again it didn't fail. I went for a sea view this time and was worth it. Glorious sunshine and amazing views.

The staff are excellent and always friendly and my three day stay was so easy.

When I decided to add Friday to my stay they were very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest – Thank you for your recent stay, and for leaving your kind comments! I’m glad to hear of your upgrade to the sea view rooms – absolutely, as I’m sure you agree, the beautiful Pier and tranquil coastal views are definitely worth having straight from your window. I would also like to thank you for being a returning guest to The Park Central Hotel, we do appreciate your loyalty and it will be wonderful to welcome you back once again should you wish to stay again in the future. I’m pleased you had a lovely time over your three days with us, thank you again.
Chandlers Ford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We researched this hotel on Trip Advisor for our recent trip to Bournemouth. We were attending a Wedding at a different hotel, so really only needed a place to sleep for the night, but still wanted comfort & ideal location. The reception staff were very professional & polite, and took us to our room which was on the top (5th) floor. The décor was immaculate, & lovely furniture, crisp white bedding - & even the dressing table was near the mirror, with 4 electric sockets!!! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in, which always has to be top of my list. However - because it was the very top of the building, it was probably an old attic room, so sloped ceilings in the bedroom and bathroom - not good if you're both 5'11. Because of the sloped bathroom ceiling, there was no room for a shower cubicle, or even a shower over the bath, just a hose attached to the taps, but you need to still sit down in the bath to use it. If we were going to be here for more than one night, I would have asked for another room, because I prefer a shower at the start of my day. It certainly wouldn't put me off recommending it though. I can't comment on any other facilities because we didn't use them. Although we did have breakfast, which was very tasty & set me up for the day ahead! Also, no parking available, you need to pay for a voucher for the multi story opposite - but with quite limited (& expensive) parking close by, this is not a negative :-)

Room Tip: Don't ask for a sea view - because you'll be right above the pedestrian crossing - so the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving your comments regarding your recent trip away with us. It’s lovely that you were able to have a wonderful night’s sleep with us, that you thought the room was well-equipped and the breakfast to be tasty! I hope we were able to make the occasion a nice visit to Bournemouth town. If you were to keep us in mind for future visits, may I kindly suggest requesting a room away from the fifth level if you preferred a room below – we always try our best to accommodate guest requests and would be happy to look at allocating an alternative room for you should you wish. I’m lastly very pleased to hear that you thought our staff teams were very polite and professional – I have happily passed on your comments which were very well received. I hope to be able to welcome you back to us in the near future, and thank you once again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed in Park Central July 16 checked out 18th,booked family room,2adults and a 2yr old,Double bed ok!,childs folding bed was unstable and a bit dangerous as the first one we had collapsed!and had to be replaced with an equally unstable folding bed ,both ends collapsed and a child could have trapped their fingers in it!!also the hairdrier literally burned out when switched on,it was replaced ,which is not the point!it could have burned the user!!On the plus side the breakfast was the best part of the stay also the location is good,furniture is also a bit dated!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us here in Bournemouth. I am pleased to hear your breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed, and that you found our central location to be useful to local amenities, such as the beach, gardens and the town. I have however noted your comments regarding our furnishings – I am very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the quality of our pop-up children’s beds. Please rest assured that I will be looking into this immediately, and I do apologise if there was any inconvenience caused. I am also sorry to hear about the issue with the hairdryer, in particular because these are newer models that we have had replaced within the last year – I am pleased however that this was replaced for you immediately, and I hope no further difficulty was encountered. Thank you once again for giving us your comments - if there is anything else I can assist with in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Have just spent 4 very enjoyable nights at this great hotel. It is perfectly located for all that is taking place in the centre of Bournemouth. The curtesy of the staff and the quality of the food offered in the restaurant was impressive. Also, considering how central the hotel is it is surprisingly quiet. I will certainly be returning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest – thank you very much for your kind feedback. It’s brilliant to note you will be returning to us for your future accommodation in Bournemouth after receiving great service, enjoying or Crab Restaurant food and making the most of our beach and town location. If there is anything else that myself or the staff can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Remember to take advantage of your 10% discount for next time by booking directly!
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Park Central for 1 night. We have been to Bournemouth many times over the years and stayed in a wide range of hotels/BB's. We knew the location was ok, opposite the BIC and only 2 mins to the beach. What was really good though was the professional and extremely helpful way the staff welcomed us. Our room (501) was ready at 11am. The Hotel has an arrangement to park in the BIC car park for £7.50 a night. Breakfast was included and was taken in the adjoining Crab restaurant, again the service was first class as was the Breakfast, cooked to order. Also a range of pastries, cereals and juice. Overall a really good stay, would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind comments about us. I’m delighted to hear that against other hotels and B&Bs in Bournemouth, which is a regular destination for you, we have been able to provide you with ‘first class’ service and a ‘very good stay’. I’m so pleased you enjoyed our central location and the Crab’s breakfast, and that your room was able to be ready for you at the early time of 11am. I hope you had a wonderful time in Bournemouth and that you will choose us again for your accommodation in the future. Remember to use your 10% discount card and book directly.

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!