“Place to lay our heads” 4 of 5 stars

Park Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5AJ, England   |
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Bournemouth
Chandlers Ford, England, United Kingdom
“Place to lay our heads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We researched this hotel on Trip Advisor for our recent trip to Bournemouth. We were attending a Wedding at a different hotel, so really only needed a place to sleep for the night, but still wanted comfort & ideal location. The reception staff were very professional & polite, and took us to our room which was on the top (5th) floor. The décor was immaculate, & lovely furniture, crisp white bedding - & even the dressing table was near the mirror, with 4 electric sockets!!! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in, which always has to be top of my list. However - because it was the very top of the building, it was probably an old attic room, so sloped ceilings in the bedroom and bathroom - not good if you're both 5'11. Because of the sloped bathroom ceiling, there was no room for a shower cubicle, or even a shower over the bath, just a hose attached to the taps, but you need to still sit down in the bath to use it. If we were going to be here for more than one night, I would have asked for another room, because I prefer a shower at the start of my day. It certainly wouldn't put me off recommending it though. I can't comment on any other facilities because we didn't use them. Although we did have breakfast, which was very tasty & set me up for the day ahead! Also, no parking available, you need to pay for a voucher for the multi story opposite - but with quite limited (& expensive) parking close by, this is not a negative :-)

Room Tip: Don't ask for a sea view - because you'll be right above the pedestrian crossing - so the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving your comments regarding your recent trip away with us. It’s lovely that you were able to have a wonderful night’s sleep with us, that you thought the room was well-equipped and the breakfast to be tasty! I hope we were able to make the occasion a nice visit to Bournemouth town. If you were to keep us in mind for future visits, may I kindly suggest requesting a room away from the fifth level if you preferred a room below – we always try our best to accommodate guest requests and would be happy to look at allocating an alternative room for you should you wish. I’m lastly very pleased to hear that you thought our staff teams were very polite and professional – I have happily passed on your comments which were very well received. I hope to be able to welcome you back to us in the near future, and thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed in Park Central July 16 checked out 18th,booked family room,2adults and a 2yr old,Double bed ok!,childs folding bed was unstable and a bit dangerous as the first one we had collapsed!and had to be replaced with an equally unstable folding bed ,both ends collapsed and a child could have trapped their fingers in it!!also the hairdrier literally burned out when switched on,it was replaced ,which is not the point!it could have burned the user!!On the plus side the breakfast was the best part of the stay also the location is good,furniture is also a bit dated!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us here in Bournemouth. I am pleased to hear your breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed, and that you found our central location to be useful to local amenities, such as the beach, gardens and the town. I have however noted your comments regarding our furnishings – I am very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the quality of our pop-up children’s beds. Please rest assured that I will be looking into this immediately, and I do apologise if there was any inconvenience caused. I am also sorry to hear about the issue with the hairdryer, in particular because these are newer models that we have had replaced within the last year – I am pleased however that this was replaced for you immediately, and I hope no further difficulty was encountered. Thank you once again for giving us your comments - if there is anything else I can assist with in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Have just spent 4 very enjoyable nights at this great hotel. It is perfectly located for all that is taking place in the centre of Bournemouth. The curtesy of the staff and the quality of the food offered in the restaurant was impressive. Also, considering how central the hotel is it is surprisingly quiet. I will certainly be returning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest – thank you very much for your kind feedback. It’s brilliant to note you will be returning to us for your future accommodation in Bournemouth after receiving great service, enjoying or Crab Restaurant food and making the most of our beach and town location. If there is anything else that myself or the staff can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Remember to take advantage of your 10% discount for next time by booking directly!
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Park Central for 1 night. We have been to Bournemouth many times over the years and stayed in a wide range of hotels/BB's. We knew the location was ok, opposite the BIC and only 2 mins to the beach. What was really good though was the professional and extremely helpful way the staff welcomed us. Our room (501) was ready at 11am. The Hotel has an arrangement to park in the BIC car park for £7.50 a night. Breakfast was included and was taken in the adjoining Crab restaurant, again the service was first class as was the Breakfast, cooked to order. Also a range of pastries, cereals and juice. Overall a really good stay, would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind comments about us. I’m delighted to hear that against other hotels and B&Bs in Bournemouth, which is a regular destination for you, we have been able to provide you with ‘first class’ service and a ‘very good stay’. I’m so pleased you enjoyed our central location and the Crab’s breakfast, and that your room was able to be ready for you at the early time of 11am. I hope you had a wonderful time in Bournemouth and that you will choose us again for your accommodation in the future. Remember to use your 10% discount card and book directly.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had a 3 night stay with my husband. Hotel is centrally located, a stone's throw from the pier, just set back from the seafront but still commanding decent sea views from some of the rooms. The hotel has a very small car park for blue badge holders and allocated places for everyone else in the BIC car park directly opposite for £7.50 per day. As with a lot of the large hotels in Bournemouth I find them a bit cold and sterile and this was no exception. Check in staff are polite and efficient. We had room 307 which is a spacious sea view room. Bed comfortable, decent size bathroom and with a great view. The road outside, although busy, did not present a problem with noise. There is complimentary wifi in rooms but we could only get a decent signal for about half an hour each day if we were lucky, tried various devices but no luck.
Breakfast was good, usual selection of cereals, juices etc. and cooked hot choices to order. Would have preferred to have a coffee pot on the table rather than be poured a cup, not always forthcoming with seconds. Also a selection of other breads or rolls rather than the toast basket might have been nice. Second little gripe was the bottled water in the room. Water supplied on first night and a card stating that further water could be bought at 50p a bottle. This is a little too penny pinching for my liking either supply water in the room each night or not at all, just creates a bad vibe.
To sum up we enjoyed our stay here and hotel is probably worthy of its 4 star, just needs a little tweaking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us in Signature Room, finding it spacious and comfortable with the additional perk of the marvellous coastal views. I’m also pleased that you found our staff efficient and polite, and thought breakfast each morning had a tasty and varied selection for you. However, I do apologise if you experienced some difficulty with the Wi-Fi – as explained during your visit, we were upgrading our connectivity to a speedier and more efficient network. Therefore, I am sorry if on this occasion the transition was not as smooth as expected, and I thank you for your patience and understanding. Lastly, I am delighted to inform you that from now on, the bottles of water will be replenished in all rooms daily, and free of charge. Thank you for putting forward your comments to help improve our service – your satisfaction is paramount. I hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future, and should there be anything else I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you once again!
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight for the second time in mid May.
On arrival, we had once again been upgraded to a sea view room, a very nice touch.
Check in was efficient and friendly, and our room was lovely. The bed was comfortable, with good pillows. There was a small seating area in the room, which made a change from sitting on the bed to drink coffee. Good hospitality tray, nice toiletries in the bathroom and a proper hair dryer.
The highlight of our stay however, was breakfast, taken in the Crab restaurant. This has to be one of the best hotel breakfasts ever. Freshly cooked to order, with thick bacon and very tasty sausages, served by smiling, friendly waiting staff.
If you're attending a show at the BIC, this hotel is ideal as it's directly opposite. It's also close to Bournemouth's superb beach and near to the shopping centre.
I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a returning guest to us – we are very much appreciative of your loyalty. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to a Sea View room, and subsequently found the room to be comfortable, well equipped and clean. I am also pleased to note that you thoroughly enjoyed our Crab Restaurant breakfast, calling it a ‘highlight’ of your stay – absolutely, we do use the best quality ingredients for every breakfast, freshly cooked to order with local produce on the day.
I have gladly passed on all your kind feedback to our teams across the Restaurant, Kitchen, Reception and Housekeeping teams, who are very pleased to hear it – and in the meantime, we all hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The room was very clean... so I was happy and it was regularly cleaned etc, we had the top floor double room and the height was fine for myself being short, however for a 6ft person .... I think they may struggle. The room a good temperature, not to hot or cold and the decor appeared modern. Breakfast was very good (bonus points for the cook) especially for the cooked fish and poached eggs ..... and the bread (gluten free) was brilliant on the second day compared to the first (different type of bread), however, I failed to ask what brand it was or if it was baked fresh? My only minus point is that the WIFI in the room was not good on the top floor, however, it did allow me and my partner to switch off from work emails etc and enjoy bmth. Would I go again for leisure 100% yes, the location was easy to get too from the train station and close to the beach, reception and staff where in general very professional and polite. However if you require internet for business reasons etc I would think carefully about which room you choose e.g. lower floor where internet was apparently stronger. I was happy with food & room and perhaps next time I will try the restaurant.... however we only stayed for couple nights. Hope this helps. It would be nice if they had a modern gym facilities but not really necessary .... as you can pop off to the gym in central i.e. a few minutes walk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, your room, the food in The Crab Restaurant, and in particular the service you received throughout the hotel – the team are very grateful to hear this! Lastly, with regards to the Wi-Fi, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently updating our connection to a faster, stronger and more efficient network, which should be live very soon. I do apologise if there was any inconvenience caused during the transition on the occasion of your visit – however, I’m pleased to hear that it enabled you to see some more of Bournemouth! Should you wish to return to us, we would be more than happy to welcome you. Thank you once again.