“Why stay anywhere else” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 70 hotels in Bournemouth
Bournemouth, England
“Why stay anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We have only just got home from our stay at the park central and felt I had to write our review right away. We only live a mile away from the hotel but we found a travelzoo deal for a seaview room with three course dinner and breakfast for £85 so we treated ourselves. The staff.....they are all the loveliest friendly people you could wish to meet and I mean all of them! They make you feel so welcome from the moment you step through the door til the moment you leave. The room we had overlooking the seafront was stylish, very large and very relaxing. Now the highlight is the crab restaurant. ..its such a high end swanky place with candlelit tables, a live pianist in the corner and incredibly attentive staff. As for the food..simply outstanding. They do a 3 course set menu for £20 anf believe me the food you get is worth three times more or they have an a la carte menu with everything from pork and lamb to the best lobster, oysters and seafood available. My wife and I felt very spoilt and had a wonderfully indulgent and romantic time and will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your break with us and equally as glad that you enjoyed The Crab so much. We do take pride not just in what is offered on the menu, but absolutely the whole experience for you. I’m happy to hear you are wanting to return and we can’t wait to welcome you back a second time. Remember to present your 10% discount card on arrival!

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Booked this hotel through KGB so my expectations were not that high (2 nights B&B £94) but i am happy to report it exceeded its self. Right from check in the staff were helpfull. Parked the car at the drop off point while I checked in. The room was big and very clean, lovely linen on the beds. After check in I moved my car to The B.I.C car park across the road from the hotel, A simple process. I really do not like to pay for parking while staying at a hotel but this was value for money £7.50 and you can come and go as much as you like. Location of the hotel is excellent, a short stroll to the beach (beautiful) and the pier. A special mention must go to the restaurant – The Crab @ Bournemouth, breakfast each morning (cooked and continental) was excellent plenty of staff on hand to bring tea coffee etc but it is in the evening when this place comes alive. Excellent seafood selection while listening to the pianist, great atmosphere. If you are looking for a 5* restaurant during your stay this is the place for you, highly recommended. Our overall impression of The Park Central was first class and would not hesitate in returning.

Room Tip: We had room 205. No sea view but large and quiet. Good access to the reception and restaurant
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations with the voucher deal – I am happy to pass on your kind words to all our staff across The Crab, Reception and Housekeeping. I hope you can keep us in mind to return if you are due to visit Bournemouth in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Bit of a delayed review. Stayed in February 2013 after finding an amazing deal on hotels.com.

This hotel is beautiful.We paid for of the cheapest room which was a nice size with a sea view and was lovely, clean and fresh.

The buffet breakfast was lovely, fresh pastries, juices and cereals. You are literally a minutes walk to the pier where there are a few restaurants and bars. We went to a cocktail bar just over the road. When we returned to the hotel we wanted to check out their bar. We was not expecting the luxury service we received.

The bar is located in the restaurant area where the guests were dining at the time. A fabulous pianist was playing some beautiful songs whilst we ordered drinks and some excellent deserts.

I would definitely recommend this place if you want luxury on a budget. I cannot wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Sea room views are beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your review about us. I’m so pleased to hear that you were delighted with your stay, and all your comments have been passed on to our Reception, Housekeeping and Restaurant staff. We do always try our best to guarantee the best possible experience for guests and I am glad to hear your feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to The Park Central and The Crab at some point in the future.
Isleworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed in hotel for 1 night only while on business trip in area. Great value for money however it was in January. Staff were very pleasant and helpful, room was big and great décor with plenty of light. had drink in bar which is located in the crab restaurant, did not eat in restaurant but plenty of people visiting and menu looked very good. light piano music playing.
Breakfast freshly cooked and good quality and portion.
Hotel in great location will use again when in area either business or holiday

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about us. I am pleased to hear your stay was comfortable, and hope we can accommodate you again soon. For future reference, if you were to stay in Bournemouth regularly on business, we do offer corporate rates – these are set rates for you throughout the year with additional perks such as a separate Crab menu, and negotiable room upgrades and car parking. If this was to be of interest to you, we would be more than happy to accept a business card on your next arrival – alternatively, you can enquire with me directly on 01202 203600. I hope we can hear from you in the future!
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Spent two nights in Bournemouth with my wife for our anniversary, had a great time the park central was really nice, great staff and the Crab restaurant which is attached was superb. The early evening menu was great value for money. And the breakfast was also excellent, would definately come back, and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Booked a classic room, got upgraded to a classic with sea view..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words! I hope we were able to help make your anniversary stay a memorable one, and hope we can welcome you back again to Bournemouth at some point soon. I am delighted to hear you will be recommending us to friends or family, thank you once again.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is situated in the centre of Bournemouth opposite the conference centre and only 2 minutes walk from both the town centre or the beach.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and very eager to help. The rooms are very clean and ours was big enough to have an area to sit with a coffee table. The restaurant is very good but not cheap. The breakfast choices are very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am pleased you were satisfied with our central location, and that you enjoyed breakfast and room. However, I’m sorry to hear that you felt the Restaurant prices for dinner were on the expensive side – we do try to cater a wide range of seafood and meats, and from starters to mains we only source the best local produce. Across 2 menus (Set and A La Carte) we do try to reflect a fair price, and pride ourselves to be one of the leading and competitive Restaurants in Bournemouth. I hope you can visit us all again soon!
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a deal from an external source and didn't know what to expect. The hotel was in a perfect central location, close to Bournemouth town centre, opposite the Bournemouth International Centre and within a 1 minute walk from the sea front where many restaurants are located.

Our room had a sea-view and was a spacious, clean room that was perfect for a night away break for couples. I couldn't fault anything about the rooms, they were spotless, with great furniture, space and facilities. The bed had clean sheets and pillows, and the mattress was extremely comfy - I think I had a better sleep than at home!

The staff at Reception were so friendly and bubbly and always did all they could to help, and even went the extra mile by always offering if we needed anything and always saying hello and having a chat when we were to walk by. The restaurant staff were just as friendly, always checking the food and drink were OK and if we needed anything.

I couldn't fault anything - this hotel is in a great location and no car is needed. I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. Our team always work their hardest to achieve the best possible experience for our guests, and I am very pleased to hear you were so pleased with us. I hope to welcome you back in the future to The Park Central Hotel.

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!