“GREAT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“GREAT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Park Central, Bournemouth for 3 days,during this time the staff were all very friendly and always there to help advice you.
The hotel is situated very close to the beach and pleasure gardens a very good location.
The rooms were very relaxing and decorated tastefully, the beds were very comfy.
The rooms were cleaned to a high standard and plenty of hot water in the shower.
The restaurant staff were very welcoming and attentive to your needs. The produce used in the restaurant was of high quality and cooked extremely well.
If looking for a friendly,welcoming hotel, this is the one I would recommend as the staff are outstanding.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A very enjoyable 3 night break booked as a special offer from the Daily Express for £149 for 2.Very pleasant professional and friendly staff on reception. We were a little early so our room wasn't quite ready but we still booked in and the receptionist took our luggage and phoned us when it was ready. Parking was £7.50 per day in the BIC multi-storey car park across the road which we thought reasonable. The position of the hotel was ideal and the short walk through the park to the main center with shops and restaurants very pleasant-lots of tame squirrels. Our standard double room was extremely spacious with a separate dressing area. Room and bedding were spotless and the bed comfortable.The cooked Full English Breakfast was the best we have ever had. We also had a lovely meal in the hotel's Crab Restaurant. We had a 3 course meal from the set menu at £20.95 per person and it was exceptional. The waiters were first class. The offer is still on at the moment and our only regret is that we have no free time to have another visit in the near future.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked this hotel because of its location to the BIC. I had read the reviews and was looking forward to staying. My experience of the great customer service actually started before I arrived as I had a phone call asking if I needed parking for my stay. I hadn't thought about this so was really surprised and delighted with the efficiency of the hotel before I stayed!
Check in was very quick and efficient. I had requested a quiet room and this is what I received.I didn't eat in the restaurant, only breakfast which again was great. My husband is very fussy about his coffee, and even though cappuccino was not on the breakfast menu he asked for one not expecting it to arrive - it did - again fantastic customer service.
Thank you to all the staff, you really are customer focused!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Lovely refurbished hotel very friendly in a brilliant location close to everywhere and by the beach. The hotel rooms are spacious and newly refurbished that i like as I am very fussy about the standard of hotel I stay in. You don't need a car for the location

Room Tip: The single bed room don't have a view which I didn't know so I would of booked a double if I...
West Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My teenage daughter with her friend and I stayed at the Park Central Hotel last night. This turned out to be the perfect choice of hotel, not only because it is directly opposite the Bournemouth International Centre and the fact that it is very centrally located for shopping and for the pier and beach but also because the customer service and attention to detail here is exemplary i.e. puzzle books in girls' bedroom which were very gratefully received!.

From the moment we walked into the hotel, the staff were courteous and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are squeaky clean with crisp white linen. They are also quiet and we all enjoyed a great night's sleep. The breakfast served in the wonderful Crab Restaurant is superb with very friendly staff serving an excellent cooked and buffet breakfast. Superb smoked salmon and creamy scrambled egg!

Cannot fault this hotel and would highly recommend it to anybody. I would definitely choose this hotel again. Excellent value and excellent service. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

From checking in to leaving all the staff were very efficient and friendly. Food was fabulous compliments to the chef my posh fish and chips were yummy. Room was spacious and very clean. Bed very comfy. Breakfast was lovely too.

• Stayed October 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed 4 nights during a recent conference at the BIC. The Park Central location (directly across the street) is perfect for quick and easy access. Their parking is in the BIC car park which is not a problem. The hotel is an old Bournemouth classic which has been redone in the last several years. The room was spacious except for the bathroom. Minor problem with shower leaking around the curtain onto the floor, but otherwise okay. Nice view of the sea and adequate amenities with flat screen TV. Complimentary wireless internet access was a bonus. I didn't take advantage of breakfast, but the dinner I had at The Crab was excellent (see other review). I'm sure they would be up to preparing the Full English heart stopper. Everyone at the reception desk was helpful and accommodating. There may be more posh, but the location was perfect and the rate reasonable. What's not to love?

Room Tip: ground floor convenient with some rooms having sea views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!