“Annual trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
“Annual trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We travel to Bournemouth every year for an event at the BIC.
The location is ideal. Bournemouth is always packed that weekend. The travelodge has been refurbished since our last visit but wish they had put more thought into location of mirrors and sockets and the number of sockets.The rooms were warm but fans are provided. Parking can be a problem unless you are lucky enough to find a space. The only downside was the restaurant late in the day when the cook was rather unpleasant to us and couldn't cope with our request for food however the reception girls were great and gave us local takeaway menus and allowed us to use the resaurant to eat our takeaways.
Wish Travelodge would throw more staff and resources at the hotel when they are full to capacity.
Having said all that we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The rooms are fresh and clean. Our family room had plenty of space and the hotel is right near the beach so just 2 mins walk to sea and sand. The only word of warning I have is, Monday morning we were woken by the glass recycling collection at about 6.30am! Can't be helped but maybe keep the window closed to dull the noise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have dated this review July 2014 but I did not stay that month. I regularly visit this hotel as I have family nearby so I stay in all the local travelodge/premier inns.

I like this hotel. The position is fantastic. There are some wonderful walks to take from here and if you are only visiting Bournemouth and don't mind hills, you will not need your car again! I don't even attempt to park on the road and use one of the other open parking lots just near the main roundabout. The rooms are as you would expect them and I find visiting with my family extremely easy.

The only downside I would point out are the stag and hen dos. I have not encountered them on every stay but 2 Saturday night stays here were ruined by some very loud guests and people coming back between the hours of 1am and 4am being obviously drunk and disruptive. On those Saturdays, the stag and hen do people staying in the hotel met downstairs early evening time and were wearing outfits that I think most parents would not be happy to have their young children exposed to (and I am no prude!). Just be warned that this is a possibility. I don't know why Bournemouth has this reputation but it does seem to. On our way back from a late dinner, we encountered a number of very drunk women on a hen do vomiting in the road. Maybe I have just been unlucky as I see no other reviews have mentioned this but I felt I should.

Don't let it put you off this hotel as it is in a lovely road and if you can get the rate in advance, it is good value. Beware of the difficult parking though - plan somewhere else to park in advance so you are not caught short when you can't get a parking in the road.

Stayed July 2014
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The reception staff were very helpful but it is very much a do it yourself hotel. Previously we have always been booked in at Reception and received a bill, whereas now you have to print the bill out yourself. Economy taken to the limit!!
The hotel has been refurbished and it is all very trendy and minimalistic. We kept the curtains drawn as we were in Room 105 on the first floor and although we had fabulous bay windows we were overlooked at car park and street. Would come back and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stratford-on-avon, Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My sister and I took a spur of the moment trip to Bournemouth and were really impressed with the great value for money at the Seafront Travelodge. It's in a great location...a few steps from the seafront. We arrived late in the evening ( about 10.30pm) but were greeted with happy smiling faces and a warm welcome at reception. We were thrilled with the room we'd been allocated, very spacious with a side view of the sea. Comfy king size bed, lovely clean linen and spotless bathroom. We didn't eat there but noticed a great menu was available 24/7 and the all-you can-eat breakfast for £7.85 looked very tempting! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is an excellent Travelodge. very convenient for beach, town and surrounding countryside and attractions. Car parking on site £5 per 24 hours. but plenty of free overnight and daytime parking close by.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from spending three nights at this hotel. The location is excellent, the beach is literally a 2 minute walk and the town centre is also very nearby with lots of things to do and nice restaurants. We were given a nice,big room on the top floor. My only complaint is that there was no air conditioning but the staff were very quick and eager to solve our problems by offering to move us to another room and providing us with big fans. Breakfast was continental and cooked, both of which were tasty. They also have a 24 hour pizza service which we took full advantage of!

Lovely hotel, well done Travelodge!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront? Share your experiences!