“2 night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“2 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

3rd stay at Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront (2 nights) and the most enjoyable yet. We stayed in room 307 with a lovely bay window and sea view. Staff were friendly both on reception and in the restaurant and the breakfast on both mornings was lovely.The hotels location is perfect on top of the cliff with fantastic views of the coastline and within 5 mins walk (downhill) to the pier. The only minus would be the Travelodge car park as you would have to pay £5 per 24 hours to use it. Try to get parking on the roads either side of the hotel as it's free. We will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here 23rd of feb me my husband & our 3 boys for 3 nights & it was great for what we paid. Our room was really big and clean. Breakfast was nice as we only paid for adults & the kids ate for free. the hotel is only 5 min walk into Bournemouth, already planning a return visit in next couple of weeks

Stayed February 2014
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Good overall. 10 minute walk from the sea and just a little more to the town centre. The double bed was so good I want one. Do take bathroom stuff as we only had 1 tiny bottle of shower gel and that was it.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

All of the staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was lovely, spacious and clean with a sea view. We were deliberately placed in a quiet part of the hotel as we had small children with us. value for money.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I use Travelodge for business and so have a general expectation of what I will get on arrival.

Unfortunately the service and facilities were poor. On arrival there was nobody at reception and although 'buzzed' it took over 10 minutes for staff to arrive.

There are only a few parking spaces and when I arrived there was only one space. I parked and enquired about the £5 charge as I had to go back out to get food. I was told that the charge had to be paid on arrival but there might not be a space on return. I refused to pay on arrival with the intention of paying when I came back. On return no spaces and the alternative was to drive around the area and find on road parking.

The room was clean but sparse with a tiny wall mounted television and a hanging rail instead of a wardrobe.

There was no ironing facilities in the room and as there was also no phone I had to call reception using my mobile. The staff informed me that the hotel did not have an ironing board, only an iron and that I should use the desk and a sheet to iron.

We use Travelodge on a regular basis. They are usually reasonably priced and have a good standard of room. On this occasion it was not the cheapest hotel option and it did not get anywhere near my expectations.

I would not recommend based on my own expectations of Travelodge and the price I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Over the years I have stayed in 50+ Travelodges in GB and Ireland. This is in my top three.

Staff on reception and at breakfast seemed genuinely anxious to please; not just going through the motions.

The whole place seemed fresh, tidy and clean.

The location is superb with some of site parking. £5 per 24 hours is good value given the location.
I stayed on Friday night and being an experienced Travelodge guest I did what I usually do, use ear plugs. I had a very comfortable, undisturbed night.

Two very minor issues. There was no remote control in the room for the TV and one of the light bulbs flickered.

However given the price I paid I was very impressed with the overall value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Holmrook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This Travelodge is in a great location and the disabled rooms have a cracking view out to sea. The hotel is easy to get around with a wheel chair and the disabled rooms are very big, great. Stayed there a few times before and always find the staff very good, this time found them to be exceptional. So helpfull, careing and concerned, a credit to them. We will be back again, thank you Travelodge!

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront? Share your experiences!