“Over priced poor quality and not trust worthy” 1 of 5 stars

West Cliff Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Westcliff Road, Bournemouth BH2 5EX, England   |
Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Watford, United Kingdom
“Over priced poor quality and not trust worthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I said at this hotel recently on arrival I was given the key to a room and while I was in the shower (which had no shampoo other than a bar of soap) I was rung up and told I was given the wrong key after I while I worked out they meant the wrong room - I said that's ok this will do and we agreed on this. I then turned up next day for my breakfast which was termed a full English which turned out to be cereal and toast! On leaving I was asked to pay £8 for the breakfast and a adminstrive charge of £24 for the room change. I refused pay the charge and paid for the overcharged breakfast. The thing I noticed about this hotel was it was overpriced and the staff seemed prefer to sit outside smoking rather than working. I am now considering writing to the tourist board for the town to discuss its view of admin charges for the hotel mistakes.

Room Tip: Select another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
WestCliffInn, Receptionist at West Cliff Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your time to review our hotel.
You moved to our Standard double room because you were complaining about the size of the one you have booked originally. You have been informed there is an upgrade charge for it if you would like to move.
Our full English breakfast price is £8.00. One of our staff confirmed he served you a full English breakfast, that's why you have been charged the full price.
We are sorry about the misunderstanding and hoping to see you again in our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Zsoka Ralik
Receptionist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful at check-in and the room was a good size. It was reasonably decorated and had a large flat screen telly and a comfortable sofa, but no safe and the bathroom was very small (although it was clean and the shower was lovely and hot). Unfortunately, the room was at the front of the building and it was quite noisy at night. Breakfast was nice but it was seriously overpriced. We enjoyed our stay but felt that we could have got better value for money.

Room Tip: Request a room on the south side of the building - it will be a lot quieter.
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a night . When we checked in the clerk seemed inconvenienced that we were there , we had an economy room , it was very small but it was lovely and warm . The shower was amazing .

We did not have breakfast as it was very very expensive , the bar was dead . Nice room but not much of an atmosphere .

We did get a very good deal online.
A great location and one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and must say that the hotel was very comfortable and catered to our needs. Absolutely wonderful staff, very very friendly and were always available to help. Room was very satisfying, shower was brilliant and the tv was a great size. I would have ordered breakfast twice as it was amazing and literally brightened up the rest of my day. Good price, fantastic hotel. RECOMMENDED TO ANYONE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your time and your review.
We are hoping to see you again in our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Zsoka Ralik
Receptionist
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Very good hotel in good location. Off road parking at front and rear of building. Nice clean, well decorated rooms. Stayed room only as couldn't book breakfast online, could of booked when checking in but Wetherspoon not too far away. Excellent value, rooms very nice. Only stayed one night.

• Stayed September 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Booked this hotel for a few nights sept 2012 as the rooms looked nice at a good price. When we checked in everything seemed good. The room was a good size and clean. The staff really work hard, they were non stop cleaning whenever we saw them and friendly. However at night time it was like sleeping in a factory. The water pumps make an awfully loud noise and we didn't sleep at all. Breakfast was nice though, just not quite warm enough though but good quality food. Served well by friendly staff, can't fault the staff at all. The bathroom door didn't shut and there was no fridge.

I wouldn't stay here again though and I wouldn't recommend it only for the noise.

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

For an overnight stay where you just want a comfortable bed without any frills this is ideal. Its a budget priced hotel so don't expect anything more. The room and particularly the bathroom was a little small and it wasn't the cleanest hotel iv'e stayed at. However, the staff were so nice and friendly that it kind of made up for its shortcomings.
I would stay here again but only for the one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to West Cliff Inn? Share your experiences!