“Warm and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beech Grove Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Beech Grove Lodge
You added Beech Grove Lodge to your Saves list
1 Beech Avenue | Southbourne, Bournemouth BH63ST, England   |
Ranked #41 of 152 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Warm and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Pam's hospitality made our (my son and I) first visit to the UK a memorable one. We were so eager to wake up early every morning because of Pam's wonderful breakfast. The spacious room is warm and comfortable. Eat well. Sleep well. What else do I wish! Next time, I will bring along my wife and daughter.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a really good holiday, Lovely double bedroom, (TV, tea/coffee making facilities) with en-suite, everywhere was lovely bright and clean. Breakfast was great a very very good choice of everything, cooked to perfection by Jim, Pam was an extremely good 'waitress' We couldn't have chosen anywhere better, really good value for money. We will certainly recommend it to anyone who asks. We will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Spotlessly clean apartment and diningroom. Wonderful breakfast menu. Only 250 yards from the sandy beach. Quiet situation, obliging hosts, what more could one wish for, will definately return

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Once again we have had a great time at the Beech Grove Lodge hotel I last visited on Jubillee weekend and it was great. The weather was very good compared to london LOL. But more importantly Pam and Jim made sure everyone had a nice time and great breakfasts.

I have just been back with 4 kids and 3 adults this time and a v v v small dog called Archie who loved it lol

Again great weather great good clean presentable and very welcoming I can not thank Pam and Jim enough well done once again

hope to be back soon

Room Tip: Top floor is an apartment style room and its awesome as you can chill out in one room and sleep in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was unplanned trip to Bournemouth and we decided to stay overnight as the weather was promissing to be Good!

I have found this B&B on Google map on iPAD.
Initially I had a plesant discussion over the phone with a nice Lady and it was decided to stay in this B&B. Upon arrival I was warmly welcomed by owners and I almost felt like I came to visit my grand parents. I need to add they were very accomodating to my requirements.

We got family room, which was located on the top floor. I have to say if you planning to stay in the room during hot day room becaomes hot too, however inside the house it was comfortably cool. So we didn't mind this fact as we wanted to spend all day on the beach. And in the everning when air was getting cold room was nice and warm.

Location wise you cannot wish for better - 5 min walk to the beach and it is next strret to the High Street with all shops and restaurants.

Breakfast was ordered in the everning it was a choice of cereals, yogurts and english breakfast with components of your choice.
English breakfast was like at grandma's home and lovely smile from Pam was a good addition to the whole experience.

Would I stay there again - Definately YES!!!

Room Tip: Family room has one double and two single beds, sofa, TV and tea table.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have stayed at Beech Grove Lodge on several occasions while visiting Southbourne and on every visit Pam & Jim have made me very welcome and nothing is too much trouble. On a very recent visit when the weather was very cold, raining and windy I returned to my room to find it warm and Pam had left me an hot water bottle as well - extremely thoughtful. Breakfast is always excellent and there is a choice of full English and other hot selections, cereals, yogurts, fruit juices, porridge etc. Pam offers top ups of tea, coffee and toast. The rooms and en-suite showers are very clean and comfortable, with TV, wi-fi and a tray with tea and coffee. Pam and Jim always have time for a chat and are very helpful with information on places to visit. Beech Grove Lodge is very close to the beach and the overcliffs in Southbourne - great for walks. The local amenities, which are also close by, include many eating places and a variety of shops. I would have no hesitation in recommending Beech Grove Lodge B &B to anyone visiting Southbourne. You will always be made welcome by Pam and Jim!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed in a twin room which had the heating on when we arrived - this was very much welcomed as it was very cold, windy and raining the whole weekend on Bournemouth, thankfully we wern't going to the beach but for an event instead.

Our host was very welcoming and allowed us to check out 30 mins later than specified which was nice.

The only small thing I would say was that the breakfast was a little less on the plate than I expected and left me a little hungry. I thought they could have been a bit more generous with my portion but in the grand scheme of things thats very small and conveniently there was a Costa Coffee shop 2 minutes away which came in handy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beech Grove Lodge? Share your experiences!