“Good find - Give it a try” 4 of 5 stars

01202555657
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: This vibrant restaurant in the Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth is always bustling with a dynamic and diverse crowd. Ciao has become a favourite with locals for its unpretentious Italian fare and chic cafeteria style. With energetic red walls, brown leather banquettes and tiled floors, the dining room is welcoming and the staff are super-friendly. Best known for their menu of traditional pizzas and pastas, Ciao also offers a range of delicious salads and meat dishes. We love the honey and lemon chicken salad; the spaghetti con gamberetti ��� spaghetti topped with prawns, scallops, rocket and fresh herbs in a tangy chilli lemon sauce; and the tasty oven-baked peppers stuffed with lentils, cannelloni beans, red onion, spinach and rosemary.
UK
“Good find - Give it a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited this restaurant early on a Friday evening but suprised to find it wasnt busy. The venue is not that big on first view but it also has a downstairs area too. We loved the decor and the friendly staff. The food was all well presented tasty and well cooked. We were so full we didnt manage a pudding even though I would have loved to try one. I would definately return again when we are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Enfield, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went to ciao for a family meal for my birthday...very good atmosphere amd my two young girls loved it!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, amazing atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have only been here a couple of times now, but I know I'll definitely be going again, even if it is just for the wonderful lemon creme brulee sorbet! The main courses are also fabulous and the fact that you can choose to have a little bit of everything with the tapas option makes it so much more enjoyable because you get to try new food! I'm always recommending this restaurant to my close friends and family. You should definitely give it a try.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Very good Italian-style food; an Italian says it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

As an Italian, the first time I went into this restaurant, I though that the name "Ciao" lacked any inventive or charm, but I was willing to give the restaurant a go anyway. Thankfully the menu was very interesting instead, with a reasonable range of pasta and pizzas that caters also for vegetarians. Since 95% of Italians are not vegetarians, it's usually difficult to find Veg dishes when you visit an "original" Italian restaurant in the UK. This often prevents me from dining out in these restaurants, as most of my English friends are Veggie instead. Anyway, I ordered pasta with seafood, which seemed to me quite fresh. My friends had pizza, which was low, thin-crust and with perfectly brown, non-burnt edges, and richly topped. Portions are very good sized, in real Italian-style. The interior of the restaurant has a young-stylish-contemporary decor and feel about it, and is always neat and clean. Very nice and clean toilets as well.
Prices are in line with most nice restaurants, with main courses around £10, and starters and desserts around £3-£5. For a 2-course meal you can expect to pay around £20, unless you manage to find their 10% or 20%-off vouchers that it sometimes issued with your bill, to invite you to go back there. They also run lunch-time deals that make your lunch so much cheaper!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Highly recommended, great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table here on a weekend away in Bournemouth having read a number of good reviews on Tripadvisor. It didn't disappoint. Lively atmosphere, this place is a quirky independent Italian that must be visited. The food was excellent, contemporary presentation without pretention and portions were very generous. The steak was delicious, and very reasonable at c.£15. Highly recommended, my partner and I will definitely be returning on our next visit to Bournemouth. We were made to feel very welcome (even at 11pm being the last people in there!)