“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of the Westcliffe premier inn was perfect for our stay, close to the beach and various facilities available. Even though parking was limited, you could always park on the side roads for free. Lovely and very friendly staff, kids had a wonderful time.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

PI_Bournemouth, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliffe, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I am very happy to hear your kids had a a great time, at that the location was perfect for you. Thank you for your lovely review, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Wokingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent the weekend here, we found the receptionist very helpful as we were on a motorcycle and she found us a space to park at the back and it was a pay and display car park ..
very helpful staff all round .. we ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner as it was convenient .. so as not to get all our motorcycle gear on as the weather was rather warm .. A lovely little break in the sun .. the room we had was smaller than we had at previos premier hotels but comfortable all the same

Room Tip: Parking charges at this premier .. and quite pricey
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to hear you found our staff helpful and had an enjoyable break here in sunny Bournemouth! Thank you for your review of our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent two nights at the hotel on a short family break.

The plus points: very friendly staff at reception, dining room and housekeeping. Very clean room and bathroom. Excellent location - a lovely 10 minute walk down to the beach or a similar walk down to extensive shopping facilities. The variety at breakfast time is very good. We had dinner on one evening and, again, the food was of a high standard.

As many have mentioned the parking facilities are inadequate for such a large hotel. I managed to pay £5 per day for my space but there were very very few empty spaces (which, in fairness, is stated on the website). Plenty of free parking nearby nevertheless.

However, overall, very good value for money. Well done.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Thank you for you compliments regarding the hotel, I am very happy to hear you found our staff friendly and hotel clean. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The parking arrangements at this hotel will always be a problem as the spaces for guests cars are less than required for a hotel with this number of guests. Last time we stayed here about four years ago there was no parking charge, and if there was no were to park in the afternoon/evening you had to park as you do now in the nearby roads, possibly Clarendon Road which is left at the lights. However you must move your car by 10 am due to waiting restrictions, which allows you 2 hours after 8 am. I find this year on arrival for a weeks stay that you can pay for a space for 24 hours and that will cost you £5.00. So Premier Inn thank you so much, that I have just paid you £1100.00 for 2 rooms for a week and you managed to get a further £30.00 out of me for parking, as I parked on Clarendon Road one night. If I had a young family I wouldn't like to struggle back to the hotel with sleepy kids and bags on a dark wet night, I know you can drop off first at the front of the hotel and then park.
Another point to make is the price of breakfast at nearly £9.00 each, that for three of us would have been about a further £27.00 ish, a day. I know it is all you can eat bla bla, but we may not want that much in the morning. We found it far easier to turn left out of the hotel walk down Poole Road, cross over and carry on to Poole Hill just past the church on your left and you will come to Olive bistro cafe, they do an excellent range of cooked breakfasts, small and large, scrambled eggs and beans on toast etc, all reasonably priced. I have a further two stays at different Premier Inns in the next month and will continue to use them in the future, but I just feel so aggrieved at the additional costs that I and other guests are incurring. The parking charges appear to be enforced by an outside company but for what benefit, it has not produced further parking spaces as these remain the same? I found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly, the air conditioning in the room was most welcome.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
PI_Bournemouth, Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliffe, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear ManSteve,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I'm sorry that you were upset at the decision to charge for car parking. This was something that was implemented by the previous hotel manager. The rationale behind this has been gaining better control over cars parking in non-designated spaces. Previously, cars were parking in loading bays, on double yellow lines, in front of other cars and even on the grass banks. The result of this was that cars were being blocked in and deliveries couldn't take place.

The charging of £5 per day with a displayed ticket has seen these problems significantly reduce. In addition, with such limited spaces on-site. The prospect of parking off-site (which the vast majority of our guests do in the summertime) is no longer seen as such a disadvantage and some guests now intentionally park in the nearby roads before getting to the hotel, as it is free.
In regards, to your comments on breakfast, although the price is £8.75 per adult, children do eat free, which means that for £17.50 an entire family can eat an all you can eat breakfast.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night on business, arrive after a long drive to find the car park is tiny and full, the receptionist couldn't have demonstrate anymore of a "I don't care attitude" if she has tried when I asked where else to park ! "Out the car park turn right, left at lights and find a space, or go to the multi down the road" as she starts talking to the next person in line ! (Receptionist Wednesday 13th August evening).

The hotel is overrun with children screaming and shouting until midnight, kids needs to have fun but not at the cost of others comfort.

Breakfast, 6.45am down for breakfast and the waitress spent around 3 minutes playing with her hair before she spoke to me, she then walked me
Half way round the restaurant back to where I came in and sat me down ! The time playing with her hair ! Lovely service indeed !

Overall - terrible experience ! Not much cheaper than other hotels in the area who are interested in there guests !

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear SBell281,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am very sorry to learn of your disapppointment with your stay. I am sorry you felt the team you encountered had a non-caring attitude, that would never be our intention.

We do advertise our car park is very limited online, and every evening during the school holidays the car park will be full from around 4PM. This also explains why you would have encountered a large number of families due your stay being right in the middle of the summer holidays.

I will be conducting a full investigation to find out who the team member on duty was during breakfast, as this is not the service levels that we expect from our team members,

I hope that despite your poor experience with us you will continue to use Premier Inn's in the future.

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A good experience with first time of using premier inn, nice and clean, well thought out in rooms, good working facilities (bathroom etc). Parking a little difficult as not enough spaces and having to go around the corner, but ok for one night.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your first stay with Premier Inn. I hope you will be staying with us again.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Got there ok easy to find then while checking in I was told it's 5 pound a day to park your car in our car park then it's 3 pound a day for use of our wifi service. Problem with the room was a camp bed style 3rd bed, my son hurt his back on it so I've you book a family room make sure you check the layout first because the Feds where jammed in and only be reached at the bottom. I've been there 7 years on the run but booked a different one next year

Dear Lee C,

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment in relation to the car park and WIFI charges. We do advertise on our website at various points through the booking process that parking on-site is chargeable due to the very limited number of spaces available. You will also see from the reviews on tripadvisor that parking is a highly discussed topic.

We have always charged for WIFI with the price having been reduced from £10 to £3 per day two years ago and we hope to be able to offer company wide free WIFI within the next six months.

I was also sorry to learn about the problems you encountered with your bed, I do hope that despite the problems you encountered we can welcome you back again in the future.

mark.perkins@whitbread.com

Been to Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliffe? Share your experiences!