“Very comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rooms from £57
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spent two nights in this hotel with my friends last week.
Pros: Everything was very clean and the beds were so comfortable! There were eight of us and we had four rooms booked (two in each room), each had a double bed and a sofa bed - both allowed a good night's sleep. There were no problems with checking in and as it was our first time travelling as a group of friends on our own (we're 16-17) we were glad of the straight-forward service and the helpful staff. The price was very good, obviously as a group of teenagers we don't make a lot of money so this was the perfect place for us. It is also in a very good location, only about 10-15 minutes' walk to the beach, although we found we had to cross quite a few busy roads (it wasn't a massive inconvenience though). The closest entrance to the beach is via a zig-zag path which leads to a stretch of beach only about 10 minutes' walk from the pier, however I found it was preferable to be this distance from the main part because it was a lot quieter and consequently a lot cleaner. The town centre is also very close to the hotel which is very convenient and there are a good selection of restaurants, shops and bars. Everything you would expect to be supplied was supplied: a hair-dryer, kettle, tea, coffee, milk, etc. There is also good air conditioning in all the rooms, although the unit broke in one of our rooms (the staff fixed it a while after and supplied fans in the meantime though).

Cons: The floorboards are very loud when you walk on them. It is only a minor problem but we got back to the hotel quite late and were conscious that the noise the floors made may disturb other guests. Also, my friends and I thought that having the room numbers on the key cards would be helpful because when visiting each other's rooms it was easy to mix the cards up. I do understand that this may simply not be possible however as I don't know how the system works!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and had a view of the car park - I don't know what the views are l...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kate W, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliffe, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for all your compliments about our hotel, it is good to hear you and your group of friends enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the keys, thank you for your feedback, the reason they are not numbered is because they are reused. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Dagenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed here on the last night our dance break, 27/07/2014 (room 21), and I can quite honestly say that it was the best night's sleep of the four we were away.

We arrived early, so had to sit in reception for a while so that the room could be made up, but still managed to check in at least half-an-hour early. When we received our key and went to our room we were amazed at the detail - the spare bed had been made up and there was actually an air-conditioning unit in the room; it wasn't a greenhouse like the previous rooms that we had stayed in that weekend.

There was no problem with asking for more tea and sugar and the tea was Twinings; it is little things like this that make a stay more enjoyable, Travelodge only supply Tetley (not really my cup of tea, but beggars can't be choosers). When we returned after the comp, I asked for more tea and still no problem. The room was so comfortable; having been cooled down during the day, that I slept like a log (do logs actually sleep? Who knows? If they did, they sleep like I did).

Breakfast in the morning of our departure was great, all-you-can eat for £8.75! Who can argue with that? Our train wasn't until much later in the day, so my partner asked, quite cheekily, if we could leave our luggage in the hotel after we had checked out and they said yes. We enjoyed a day in Bournemouth with no luggage to cart around - something has changed since last year as none of the hotels that we stayed at were prepared to look after luggage.

The staff were fantastic and, as far as I am concerned, should all receive the recognition that they thoroughly deserve, especially those that are on the reception.

If I had to find a negative, it would be the creaky floors; a problem with the hotel itself, not the room. Anytime anyone walked past the room or walked in any of the surrounding rooms, the floors creaked and I couldn't sleep after 6am with all the movement.

Room Tip: Turn the air-conditioning off if you go out and back on again, if needed later, else the room would...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kate W, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliffe, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am very happy to hear you has a good stay at our hotel and you got a great nights sleep. Thank you for your compliments, I will pass your comments on to the staff. Thank you for your lovely review, we hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My daughter and I had a 6 night stay at Premier In Hotel and experienced warmth welcome from staff, The environment was spectacular with cleanliness, the room was clean, classic, air conditioned for comfort. The breakfast was superb and of great choices. We would recommend the hotel to families, friends and well wishers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for your lovely review and all your compliments about our hotel and staff. It is lovely to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you would be happy to recommed us. We hope you will visit again and look forward to welcoming you back.
Ilminster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here on the 24th July for 2 nights to start off my 18th Birthday celebrations! It was the 3rd time me and my partner have stayed here in the past 6 months and we love it here! I'm sure it won't be long until we're back :)

All of the staff are really friendly, the rooms are up to date and very clean, the location is good and the food is some of the best I have ever had, especially the breakfast! Haven't once found a fault or anything to complain about and I am sure I never will! Can't wait to stay here again :)

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am very happy you had another enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time, hopefully soon.
broadstairs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

What a great place! staff we're so helpful from the minute we arrived and throughout our stay for a wedding.The room was lovely, clean and pleasantly decorated. We had a lovely evening meal which was good value and well presented, again staff we're very nice. Breakfast was all you can eat and fresh. All in all what a pleasant stay, we would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
What a lovely review. Thank you for all your compliments regarding our staff and hotel, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lovely room! Very clean! Beautiful Breakfast! Helpful staff! Close to the beach. Only issue was that parking was limited but staff were very helpful in recommending a parking space in a few roads down.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy to hear you had a good stay and thank you for all your compliments regarding our hotel and staff. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Felthammiddlesex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ourselfes. And grandchildren. Stayed here 24thjuly. It was buzy but. Overall. We had a lovely visit was excellent. Only down.side staff in restaurant. Still in training. And. A outside area would have been. Nice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope your grandchildren enjoyed themselves. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliffe? Share your experiences!