“The room lottery” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
DROITWICH
“The room lottery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is lovely hotel. Not the usual Premier inn by any means. All the staff we encountered were very cheerful & helpful. The breakfast was better than some Premier inns we've stayed in. I asked the receptionist how do you get a room with a balcony. She when you book can request one, but you are not guaranteed to get one. It's pot luck. But because it's not a traditional Premier inn their is a lot of difference in the size of the rooms. You pay the same, but don't get the same. If you go and get a sea view it must be like winning the lottery.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
SergejsSaruks, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Central, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear DroitwitchDaddy1

Thank you for your review. We are glad, that you've enyoed your stay. Please let us know in advance in regards to sea view rooms, it is never easy, but we will try our best to make it happen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is a lovely upscale Premier Inn. We love the rooms with a balcony and sea view.
The staff are always very helpful and friendly. Breakfast has a great selection and is well worth the price. On arrival from Canada we were a bit tired so we had dinner in the restaurant which we enjoyed, good food and pleasant service.
This hotel is very central and a great place to stay. If we are back in this area we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front with balcony are great but you cannot reserve them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello IsabelToronto

Thank you for staying with us again, we would be more than pleased to accommodate you in the future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Before you read any further you need to know that I am a great fan of the Premier Inn chain and have stayed in a few of their hotels. I like the corporate image and the instance the staff are friendly, helpful and provide a good service. As I booked through their web site after my stay I was sent a questionnaire which made me feel as if my opinion mattered.
At first I was disappointed I was not given a room with a balcony and sea views, however the room I was given was clean, stylish and quiet. The best aspect about the room was although it kept the corporate image, it also reflected in its furnishings the buildings art deco style. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had an excellent nights sleep. Staying alone this wasn't a problem for me, however if you with another person and are shy about your partner seeing you sitting on the karsie the frosted glass bath room door might be an issue for you. I visited at the end of July in the full heat of summer and the air conditioning unit in the room I was staying was very efficient and kept me nice and cool during the night.
I had the meal deal (as much as you can eat breakfast and two course evening meal with drink) which was good value. The breakfast like in all Premier Inns was tasty and I certainly made sure I got my moneys worth! There is a good range of both hot and cold choices and as much coffee, teas and juices as you could want. The evening meal was basic, but very tasty, if you're up for it I would recommend the ultimate full house burger!
The hotel is well positioned and is close to the outstanding beaches and to the town centre,
I arrived by train and there was a good bus service into the town centre, however if you are travelling by car, parking may be an issue for you. The hotel has no car parking space, but it is very close to several car parks and you will need to factor the cost of this into your budget.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, was very lucky as we were given a room on the sixth floor with a balcony looking over the sea and pier, staff were all very polite and friendly and breakfasts were of a good standard. The location could not have been any better, a short 3 minute walk through the end of the lower gardens and you were on the sea front, great restaurants locally and a cinema a short walk away.
There was a fault with the air conditioning in the room when we arrived so we were offered to change to another room if It was a problem but it was sorted the next day for us, would highly recommend to anyone wanting to take a short break in Bournemouth!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Banbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We always stay in this hotel when we visit Bournemouth. The location is excellent and service is always with a smile. We had a family room with sea view and balcony which was lovely. It is about 5 minutes walk to the beach and opposite the park. Breakfast was good and not too busy. We also ate at the restaurant one night and this was also very good. Will be booking again for next year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Visited with my family recently and I like premier inn hotels but this one stands out as it's not your usual run of the mill premier inn it looks different both on the exterior and interior and has keep the buildings original charms and characteristics, the rooms are,also styled in a retro vibe if you get the opportunity request a balcony a few days before arrival as the view is superb as the hotel looks out at the seafront and pier.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
NW Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Excellent hotel with a 1st class location. We enjoyed a great family room for a fantastic price. The staff were courteous and helpful. We parked a short distance away in a multi story for a reasonable price and had a wonderful weekend walking around the sights of Bournemouth. Would gladly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to oversee the ocean
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Bournemouth Central? Share your experiences!