“Great place to eat. The food, staff, everything great!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 537 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Strada Italian Restaurant located in Bournemouth near Poole, traditional Italian cuisine dishes, one of many Dorset residents and visitors favourite dining restaurants, very near Bournemouth Beach.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat. The food, staff, everything great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have eaten here many times over many years and always have found the experience to be a very good one. Highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Eaten at this restaurant so many times and have NEVER had bad food or customer service. The food is some of the best Italian food I have ever had. This is my favourite restaurant to visit in Bournemouth. The prices are good and the atmosphere is lovely and romantic. I would highly recommend La Strada :-)

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“General Query Rude Staff!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Did not even get to visit this restaurant.
I rung up hoping to book a table with a simple query
1, they dint want to listen or answer to my question
2, apparently they are not a restaurant???
3, didnt even get round to booking the table and will not be visiting in the future

London, United Kingdom
“Cosy Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant as it is within walking distance of the hotel I was staying at in Bournemouth. When I entered there is a bar and seating area which was empty. As I entered the restaurant I was promptly met by a member of staff. The restaurant was very quiet - although for a Tuesday night in Bournemouth it is not exactly surprising.

I was seated by the window, good strategy for a quiet restaurant. The specials board was then brought over to me which was a nice touch. I ordered a starter, main course and a glass of house red.

The starter was Avocado Tricolori which was very tasty and a decent portion size and well presented. For mains I had Lasagne which came with a side salad. Again very tasty although the presentation of the lasagne could have been better in my opinion. The glass of house wine was nothing to write home about.

The service was attentive and not intrusive. They have their menu on their website which is another reason why I went there although they need to update their prices on this.

All in all a pleasant meal. I am sure this restaurant will thrive on weekends and in the warmer months.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very nice, will be back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've been to La Strada twice and had a great experience both times.

The restaurant was larger than I'd expected, the decor is a little mixed but it has a pleasant attmosphere and is well presented.
On our first visit they were very busy, despite this we were still well looked after and service was quick.
They have a large and varied menu. There must be something for everyone!
My partner made the mistake of ordering more food as he was very hungry. The waitress advised against this saying portions were generous (I appreciated her honesty) he went ahead with his order anyway.. well, the waitress was right and he was beaten.
The food was delicious and we really enjoyed our meals.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
We will definitely be back

• Visited April 2012