“Tasty food, good wine and service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 78 Restaurants in Totnes
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Vegetarian, Tapas, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wild Fig is a lunchtime cafe, evening restaurant and tapas bar which developed a lot in 2013 with our first sit in tables and in December 2013 we increased to 11 (yes only 11) covers and started evening meals and Tapas from Tuesdays to Saturdays to complement our existing daily offering. We are located right in the middle of town in the main street and therefore provide a perfect spot to stop during a busy shopping visit and watch the world go by. We've become well know for our salads, soups, gluten free offerings and other speciality foods including dairy free, vegetarian, vegan and even deadly nightshade family free!
Devon
“Tasty food, good wine and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We couldn't get a table at our usual place so found ourselves at the Wild Fig. Had 6 tapas and a bottle of red wine to share with a friend. It was all pretty good, even the vegetarian tapas that my friend picked that I would normally not have chosen myself were really moreish. Since we were so impressed with the tapas, we ordered desserts and they were also really good. Lovely light pastry in my tart.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Simon D, Owner at The Wild Fig, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Belle

Many thanks for the review and I am glad you were unable to get into your normal place and found us instead.

We like to combine different flavours with the tapas, which seem to work well for most people and our pastry has become very popular with locals and visitors alike.

Hopefully you'll choose us again!

hertfordshire
“Great Tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Visited this restaurant after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed. The menu offers a wide range of Tapas everything we ordered was delicious. Simon the owner was extremely helpful and friendly. All in all a great dining experience. Would recommend booking as the restaurant is quite small.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Superali

Thank you for the kind review and we're glad you chose us based on tripadvisor, hopefully people will read your review and see if they would like to come too (we are not for everyone as we do tapas and are only small).

We try and create a wide variety of tapas and flavours to suit everyone and create some different combinations. Also myself and all the staff like to treat everyone the way they would want to be treated themselves. Simple, honest but effective!

We'd love to see you next time you are visiting Devon

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Delicious variety with a personal touch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It is very difficult to cater for my husband and I as we have completely different tastes and dietary requirements. I am a vegetarian and I am not eating very much gluten or dairy these days and he is a true meat eater who doesn't like cheese, tomatoes or nuts. The Wild Fig was able to accommodate us both superbly with a delicious variety of choice. We also had a tempremental , fussy eater, 13 year old with us and Simon, the owner was brilliant offering him options that were more suited to a younger persons taste. The food was delivered promptly and presented beautifully. The different flavours were exciting and delicious and there was always something different to try. The Wild Fig has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and as we met other family there it is a great place to have a chat and a catch up. That is actually one of the benefits of sitting quite closely together , you can include all of your party in the conversation easily. Well done to Simon and the team~ a lovely experience with fantastic food and very different to your usual run of the meal restaurant. We will definitely be returning!!
Nik ~ South Devon

Dear Nik

It is great to hear your review as it mirrors what a lot of people say, as we try and cater for different tastes (though probably not all). Therefore we like to think we have a good range of food for veggies, carnivores, fussy eaters and for people with allergies.

That is one of the benefits of tapas, little portions means more variety and choices for all to share.

Myself and the rest of the team would love to see you return

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I met with friends to celebrate 2 birthdays and we had a lovely evening at wild fig. We shared lots of tapas; all vegi and the choice was great. The service was also really good, there was no rush between courses which was very nice as it enabled us to fit in desert as well which topped off the evening. I think I will be a regular customer.

Dear Helen

Thank you for your review, if we'd known we were catering for TWO birthday's we would have been under more pressure than normal!

More and more people are liking the tapas approach, as they can always add more if they feel more hungry or find room for desserts as you seem to have.

You will be a welcome regular visitor and can benefit from one of our loyalty cards.

Regards

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Yum yum in my tum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My hubby and I decided on celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary here after being recommended by a friend and we're not disappointed. We loved the fact you could have tapas as a main or a starter we did the latter, the main courses where delicious too with amazing flavour combinations I would never had considered and although the portions did not look as much as you would get in a mainstream pub/restaurant they were in fact the perfect size and I left feeling like I'd had enough to eat without feeling completely stuffed. The seating is relaxed and intimate, we felt able to have our own conversations and also chat to the people on the tables either side of us, which added to the atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We are hoping to return again soon and possibly sample more of the tapas.

Dear Emily

Many thanks for your review and I am glad we lived up to your expectations for your wedding anniversary.

We do try and create a different atmosphere with our small place and hope that people like to chat to each other - we even had people this weekend who did not know each other who ended up tasting each other's desserts!

You will be welcome back any time to try some more tapas and flavours

Regards