“Just my sort of food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 73 Restaurants in Totnes
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Just my sort of food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just about made it in time for lunch on our way home - Only Homity Pie and Cheese/Leek Quiche left but luckily these were just what we wanted, with some delicious salads - curried couscous with herbs, mixed beans, carrot etc. Even the 8 month old had some (and we both wore some home!). Pancakes to follow as it was Shrove Tuesday - traditional lemon and sugar and maple syrup and banana. Delicious looking cakes as well, but we resisted. Just the sort of food I prefer. Good service all round. Access down a couple of steps and a little cramped with the buggy but we managed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cheltenham
“Nice healthy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Called in for salad and snack, all good really.

Family day out - my wife and I, sister and 2 children under 4. Salads all
great with either homity pie or cheese and leak. Went on Shrove Tuesday so we also had lemon and maple & banana pancakes - lovely.

Flat white recommended.

Friendly service - thank you.

Visited March 2014
plymouth
“Very dissappointed and only wanted tea & coffee.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Arrived mid afternoon on a quiet Saturday in February. Plenty of tables free and took a seat near a window. My wife ordered an Earl Grey and for me a skinny latte.. The tea was a very poor example of an Earl Grey producing a very weak brew that looked unappealing and which my wife left virtually untouched. My latte was nice and hot and of good flavour but why should I be satisfied with a mug in which the top third was just froth. At least if it was in a latte glass I would have seen that I was being ripped off.
Would definitely seek an alternative coffee house in future.
On reading this before posting, my wife said it was the worst Earl Grey she had ever had.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Devon
“Vegans very neglected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Have eaten at Cranks for years but the menu rarely changes. Lunches for vegans amounts to jacket potatoes or one other choice with salad. Usually for afters there may be two choices if you are lucky, Venus chocolate cake or date slice. There is no excitement in going to peruse the menu, and they do not do a vegan cream. Called today in mid January and every customer was sitting in a coat as the place was so cold. Will give it a swerve for a while.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
devon uk
“Faded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Ok very friendly service and chocolate truffle cake still as good as ever. BUT who on earth purchased those very nasty metal teapots? You know the ones-usually seen at very ghastly cheap cafes. The lids dont close and the tea pours out all over the place and the matching milk jugs are no better. Please for 2014 get some nice stylish teapots. Not that tatty rubbish. Would not have been allowed in the 70s!!