Just had a lovely family weekend away staying at Trafalgar House with the owners Barbara and Graham really looking after us. What a lovely warm welcome we had along with a delicious afternoon tea of sandwiches and home made cakes! The rooms were so nice,well kept, and clean.The comfortable beds also had such soft sheets I didnt want to get up. A lovely snack and fruit hamper for that extra touch in each room. The furnishings were very tasteful (we had 3 rooms) every room was furnished individually and all were really nice, from the standard double to the master king room. Good location for a good nights sleep but close enough to the beach and shops and theatre. We spent one lovely evening playing board games in the welcoming guest lounge. The breakfasts were delicious, cereal, fruit, nuts, yoghurt, toast and jam etc and variations of a full english cooked to order. My in laws have now booked to go back for a whole week in the summer. Think thats says it all.Thanks Barbara and Graham for a lovely weekend you really go that extra mile. Hello from us all to Tess!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trafalgar House is perfectly located on the English Riviera in Torquay, so as to be within easily walking distance of the Marina, Harbour, town and coast, yet being set 700 metres away in a calm, tree lined road it is a wonderful place to come back to after an active day. Guests can relax in the sub-tropical garden or in the guest lounge with a glass of wine. Recently fully refurbished all the rooms and open guest areas are tastefully decorated, light, bright and airy. We are very proud of the breakfasts which offer a large choice of freshly prepared fruit, cereals, youghurts and fruit juice, followed by a wide menu selection of cooked breakfasts or continental choices. We are perfectly located so guests can enjoy the many sites and activities in the area:- Coastal walks are stunning, National Trust properties: Coleton Fishacre, Greenway Mansion and Killerton are all only a short drive away. Dartmoor National Park is also within 30 minutes. Boat Trips, Steam Railway trips, Caverns and a coastline of world renown, Cockington, Dartmouth and Totnes great places to visit as well as many other Devon villages. Golf, Bowls, Crazy golf and tennis are all available within 600 metres. There are many many more things to do and places to visit. We are also fortunate to have a vast range of excellent restaurants in the town and surrounding areas. We are very happy to make helpful suggestions based on what you would like to do to get the most from the time you spend with us. We look forward to welcoming you to Trafalgar House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Trafalgar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trafalgar House Hotel Torquay
- Trafalgar House Torquay, Devon