“pleasantly suprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torquay
Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park
You added Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Kingskerswell Road, Torquay | Devon, Torquay TQ2 8JU, England   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Torquay
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“pleasantly suprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked a last minute mon to fri break with our 2 and 3 year old daughters. I wasn't expecting much when we arrived, the fridge wasn't working and the gas had ran out, even though it should have been sorted before we arrived, it was dealt with quickly and as previous reviewers have said, if you are polite to the staff, they in turn will try to help you all they can. I found them to be really friendly and helpful, which makes a change to the haven lot! The kids entertainment was good and our eldest enjoyed it, for them I think the best part was the pool and playground they loved it.
Within easy distance of Torquay, Brixham etc. I would recommend it, especially if you have children and don't want to spend a fortune.
PS we found the food in the bar good and value for money, especially the kids meals and lunch menu.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Can't believe all the bad reviews I read before I went I didn't take any notice of them really which I'm glad as me, my partner and our daughter 10 months old had a lovely time our apartment was nice nothing to complain about there at all!! The place it's self was nice too, the staff are always there to have a good chat with and the manager was very helpful when asking advice on where to go with our daughter, Paignton zoo was an amazing day out so glad we asked him where to go. Overall enjoyable stay and would recommend to others. Always something to do for all ages!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Booked for a weekend stay in a basic caravan and after reading other reviews thought i'd have to spend the first couple of hours cleaning! How wrong was I, the van we stayed in was spotless.

The only thing we found throughout the whole trip to be below a reasonable standard was when we had Sunday lunch in the Patio Bar. The choice of meals was very limited and they didn't offer childrens size portions. After we finished eating, it took a over an hour to clear the plates away. The food also wasn't that great and definately not worth the money we paid.

• Stayed May 2013
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked this for 4 adults (including myself) via the sun £9.50 holiday package.

Reading the reviews prior to my visit I was slightly apprehensive however having been on Sun Hols before I know to keep my expectations low!

The park is at the end of some windy roads and also very hilly so I would not recommend for anyone with back problems unless you can get accomodation by the facilities.

We didnt arrive until 7ish but the receptionist was still full of beans and we felt positive. On arrival to our caravan I was amazed they had put us in the best one of the lot! We stayed in the Denbury caravan which is a 3 bed, 2 bathroom (1 ensuite) modern caravan. Freeview TV, DVD player, modern kitchen and fridge freezer plus washer/dryer and a decking area. This caravan was down the bottom of a very steep hill but fine for us! The caravan was pretty much spotless except for a couple of ants but that didnt bother us.

We did not go to see the entertainment, we would go to bingo, then come back and carry on drinking, then head back for the late night disco. This worked well for us however I found the drinks in the bar to be very reasonable and there are a few drinks deals too. The amusement arcades could probably do with a bit of redecoration but didnt stop us from having a good time!
There were quite a few families about on May Bank hol and they all looked like they were having a great time. I am not sure what daytime activities there were for children but the adventure playground and crazy golf were always busy.

We had a fantastic time and did not want to leave. As with everywhere, if you are polite to the staff there, they will be poliote back. We actually had a laugh with the people here (more to do with the fact my boyfriend loves doing the lawnmower dance). Things that could be improved on; prices of the takeaway food in the bar (£4 for chips and cheese-really?!), decor in the arcade, service in the patio bar restaurant (slow waiting time for food and the supervisor told us on the Monday not to have too much bacon as he was running out!!)

Room Tip: Denbury Caravans are the best!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely caravan very clean and well equipped. Staff were very helpfull and friendly, our only issue was in the pool (which is very nice) but the baby changing in the pool was terrible or non existence should I say. Baby changing elsewhere is fine. Shop very good and well equipped

Oswestry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just come back from Parkdean Torquay after we visited for the May Day bank holiday weekend.

Me and 4 friends went down for a 3 night break. When we arrived the receptionist "joked" that we weren't staying there, however it wasn't funny after a 4 hour journey.....this isn't really a bad thing, but just annoying more than anything.

We were given our keys to our caravan, which was in the Vixen part of the park. Which is at the very bottom and I would not recommend this for anyone who struggles to walk up hills etc. however, plenty of parking spaces just outside the caravans.

The caravan itself was clean, with all linen already on all beds, except the sofa bed, however all the linen for this was neatly placed on 1 of the beds.

Basic cooking utensils are supplied, however there are no tea towels or cloths, so please take those if you are going!

Bins are located across the park in various locations, allowing you to discard of your rubbish easily.

We didn't go in the pool, however lots of people were heading there, so I would assume it was fine. Also, there is a playpark outside of the bar, which is very child friendly and parents can sit on the balcony and watch the children. Also, for families, there is mini crazy golf and a large open space to play football etc.

On the Friday night, we went into the clubhouse. One of my friends went to the bar and was asked for ID, which she produced. Maddie, who was apparently a supervisor on the bar, questioned my friend and quizzed her and said that it wasn't her!! This was despite my friend providing bank cards etc clearly showing the same name!! All of this because my friend had decided to go brunette from blonde! We were not impressed with Maddie at all, her attitude was far from customer friendly, so avoid her if possible!

The entertainment on the Friday was good and varied. We stayed until closing, and we returned the following night, where it was different but not quite as good as the Friday, but not the worst I've seen! The Parkdean troopers (their version of Red Coats) were very good interacting with children and adults a like and got everyone involved.

We ate the in the bar on the first night. We ordered in 3 parts, one after the other with approx 30 seconds between orders, however,despite asking, the food came out separately, with the middle order arriving a good 10 minutes after everyone else's. we went back to the bar on Sunday to watch the football, they did have sky sports, and they only had 2 members of staff in the bar. This caused a queue for drinks, which took forever to get served.

The park itself is slightly out the way on windy roads, and small country lanes. Which isn't a problem. We went out for a night out on Sunday night and got a taxi for £9, which we didn't think was too bad. We also got a taxi back at 3am ish and it was the same price, which is rare!

Over all, we enjoyed our trip and wouldn't be put off going back. Great value for money, but there is always need for improvement ;)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Returned home today from second holiday of the year at Parkdean Torquay, had another great week, even since our visit in March there has clearly been work carried out round the site, which does makes a difference to the overall feel of the park. As previously stated I do think its such a shame to see some of the negative reviews on trip advisor as my experience has never been anything other than great accommodation, great entertainment and great staff.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!