“Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 153 Torquay B&B and Inns
Portsmouth
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Lovely stay from start to finish. Julia was very pleasant even helped with my bags to my room, as I am recovering from a hip operation. Breakfast was as little or as much as I wanted and sure filled me up for the day!! Bedroom was basic but clean, warm and ideal for myself, however the shower was a bit small :(. Well recommend this hotel/lodge and going back in 2015 to the area and will book to go there again

Room Tip: Private (on forecourt) parking - Not ideal if using crutches, however always ask for the ground room...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

food and rooms were excellent would stay there again warm welcome good range of food rooms really clean with on sweet and tv and a nice large bed. wonderful hosts with a good knowledge of the local area

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Would highly recommend Garway Lodge to anyone looking for a couple of night's stay it Torquay. From when we rang the bell on the Saturday until when we left on Monday the service was exceptional. The room was warm, clean and a great size. There is a wide variety of breakfast options and we thoroughly enjoyed what we had, especially the home made jam. The location is ideal as we were able to just park up on the Friday and walk to local attractions and the town centre. Will definately consider staying again in the future.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

What a wonderful find couldn't of asked for anything more from a guest house. Excellent clean room, & wonderful hosts. Good knowledge of local facilities. Welcomed with a cup of tea & cakes lovely. Will definitely be returning

Room Tip: We had the superior room which was superb our friends had the double room which was also of a very h...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

where do i start 4 of us booked into the lodge, from start to finish we greeted with kindness and hospitality. julia and paul could not do enough for you we were greeted with coffee tea biscuits that was a god sent after long journey,she told us everything about the area, restaurants were to go,amazingly helpful,the rooms were so posh and clean and i like the towels on bed with chocolates, there was everything dressing gowns, fridge in room with squash also drinks etcs
ensuit had everything you need in there,my hubby liked the honesty fridge was able to take to our rooms to relax the beds were out of the world we did not want to get out of them,
breakfast was amazing all home cooked fresh food julia caters for anything and anyone amazing the rooms are spotlesss we were made to feel like part of the family loved it defo going back hopefully twigmas id go just to stay at hotel well done julia paul loved it ty

Room Tip: all the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

I will admit it has been a while since I stayed in a B&B & I must say I was beyond surprised with my stay at Garway Lodge. It was fantastic! We were arriving early, as we were going to the races at Newton Abbot (only 1 stop on the train), which was no problem at all. We were greeted like long lost friends & given ALL the information we needed to check in, trains, good places to eat on out on our return & how to find our way 'home'! The room was absolutely spotless & very comfortable with a small fridge, tea & coffee, several packets of biscuits, tv with dvd & ensuite with lovely products, noy forgetting the chocolate in the bed. There was much more information in the room regarding Torguay & the surrounding area. After a wonderful nights sleep we were treated to a fantastic, made to order, breakfast with so much choice & were once again made to feel very very welcome. We would definitely recommend to stay here & will be returning as soon as I can! Thank you Julia & Paul.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel for the best deals, don't book via other sites. We had the 'stand...
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

I stayed at the Garway Lodge at the end of August until 6th September.From the moment i arrived at this four star guest house,Julia and Paul to me provided Exceptional Hospitality,towards me,nothing was too much trouble for them,they even took up my travel bags up to my room and made me a cup of tea,along with a few selections of biscuits and cakes when i arrived and then provided me with a map,showing me what was the best route into town.They also told me what was the best buses to catch to visit Kents Cavern,Bygones and other tourist attractions.
The room that i booked for my week long stay was Executive Single,with its own ensuite bathroom.The room itself had its very own cooler fridge.along with coffee and tea making facilities,a 21 inch TV with remote etc.
The bedroom itself was immaculate,very clean and the bed was very comfortable.The bathroom with the power shower and toilet and washbasin,was also cleaned to a high quality standard.
Paul and Julia are also licensed to sell alcohol on the premises and have their own honest bar,with prices that to me were very reasonable.
Paul and Julia were the nicest people you could meet,and like i said they went out of their way,to help,as nothing was too much trouble for them.
The cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious.Julia can also make fresh pancakes,but you have to let her know,the day before as she makes her own.Julia even makes her own jams.I was fortunate whilst i was staying at this guest house to sample three different types of homemade jams.
My favourite jam was apple and cinnamon.I also liked the Blackcurrant jam as well.I have stayed in a number of Guest Houses over the years,up and down the UK and i have to say that this Guest House ranks amongst the very best of them.

I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending Garway Lodge to my Fellow Tripadvisor travellers as it provides high quality accommodation at a more than reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Garway Lodge? Share your experiences!