I stayed at the Raimbow hotel for just one night on a business trip in mid October. In my review, I take into account the fact that the hotel, with double room priced £45, is not overly expensive. However, I think one may try and find a better place to stay in Torquay.
1. Location: the hotel is a bit in the middle of nowhere. It is not exactly easy to reach the center of town without using a cab (a ride would cost £3). If you stay that far from the center, you may want to be in a nice place. I did not find the hotel particularly charming.
2. Rooms: my room was just basically comfortable. Not spotless, but not visibly dirty either. The sink in the toilet still has two separate taps for cold and hot water...very retro but still not very comfortable. I guess that is a sign that the place should be refurbished a bit. I was fine with the room only because I had just to go to sleep and get up and leave a few hours later.
3. Services: here come the real flaws. The personnel is not really helpful. I badly needed an adaptor to plug in my laptop and get some work done (UK has different plugs). No adaptors, no possibility to use a pc in the hotel, no internet connections, no reliable information on where to get one. One would expect a receptionist to be helpful. The one on duty that night wasn't at all. To give a complete picture: i had to remind the guy that I still had to pay my room after the check out.
4. Breakfast: quite ok. A good dose of proteins....
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow International Torquay
- Hotel Rainbow International
- Rainbow International Hotel Torquay, Devon
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rainbow International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.