“Great and peaceful” 5 of 5 stars

Finland
“Great and peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

Hello,

Stayed in Haven Hotel for few nights during our South-England tour. We had a room on the street level but the area was very peaceful, had no noise during night time.

Room was spotless with excellent, big bathroom (both bath and shower, we loved it).

Thank You!

Stayed July 2007

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chonburi, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2007

Stayed at 'My wee hoos' on Jan 13-15th. Down for a trade show. Was thinking this could be a hard weekend. Imagine my delight upon meeting Mandi & Berri. I cannot even begin to find the words to adequately reflect the welcome i got there. 1st class in all departments. Even my lunch box's were met with awe at the fair, my colleagues couldnt believe as to how well i was looked after.
I kidded myself that it was my scottish brogue that was winning all the attention, but upon reading tripadvisor i see all who descend upon Haven Hotel get the same treatment.
I have been all over the world in various hotels etc and have never received this standard of service.
Guys, i had a great time AND a great laugh!!! Next time i'm in the area... I know where i'll be staying!
all the best from bonnie Scotland
Bob

Stayed January 2007
LONDON, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Haven House Hotel in Torquay for a long weekend in August 2006. The Hotel is small and has a perfect 'home away from home' feel.

Mandy (owner) was very helpful with information on the local area, the main sea front is a short 10 minute walk with many resturants etc. in the area.

Parking is available at the back of the hotel, although we didn't need the car whilst we were there.

The room was small but well presented and quiet on sunday mornings!

Please email us if you have any questions!

Luke and Charlotte.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room size
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

My husband and I came across The Haven Hotel 'by accident', as we were randomly searching for somewhere 'nice' to get away for a few days...

We depend on Trip Advisor to help us from making bad choices, (honest, we really do!) and have actually been 'saved' in the past by reading other reviews, so when we stumbled onto The Haven Hotel and liked the way it looked, we double checked what may have been written about it on Trip Advisor.

You can see, as we did, there is nothing but praise for the hotel, and Mandy and Berry.
"Quite impressive" we thought...

Yes, the hotel is actually like it's description!
Clean...well kept, beautiful arrangement of flowers, in the front, as well as a table and chairs to enjoy the sea breeze.

Upon our arrival, as we were trying to pull into our parking space, Mandy actually came out of the hotel as I guess she recognised us, (from our photos on our website), she actually came to help us with our bags, after a big smile and hug.
How nice to be greeted so warmly after our long drive!

She even carried one of our bags up to our cozy, spotless, and modern room...now that is service...

She was friendly, funny, informative, but in a 'good' way...you know....not too pushy, or nosy...sometimes these places have owners who are too 'into your business' and you feel like you have to 'report in' to them...
Not here, Mandy was on hand to be a help and a laugh..

The yummy full English breakfast was perfect, and I was impressed that on our 3rd day there, she even remembered from the previous day that I like my eggs scrambled!

It's the 'small' things that really make the extra special difference...it shows she actually cares about her guests' needs.

We asked for extra pillows on our 2nd day - no problems - when we returned later on, they were in our room.

To be honest, we didn't really have a chance to chat much with Berry, but when we did see him, in passing, he always had a genuine smile and hello.

My husband & I were delighted and thankful for our stay there...we really needed it, and can honestly say that all the
'good things' you might read about them are actually true!

If you are considering the Haven Hotel...just do it - you won't be disappointed...
We would most definately stay with them again!

• Liked — Clean, very friendly and helpful owners, plus great breakfast!
  • Disliked — Our room and the bathroom was a bit cozy...Wifi access was a bit difficult as well.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you are of the larger persuasion, it might be worth booking the larger room.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

I have visited Torquay many times in the last 12 years and must say that The Haven Hotel is one of the best kept, cleanest and most friendly places I have stayed.

I visited with my wife on 18th August for a long weekend and we were made most welcome. Mandi, the proprietor, was waiting for us on the doorstep. Not like the old landlady's of the past I hasten to add, but with a smile as we were running later than we anticipated. The hotel is in a handy location, pretty close to the train station, and 5 minutes walk downhill to the sea and 10 minutes to the harbour.

When we looked on a map we chose The Haven as we liked the location as it was out of the busy sea front area, as we were looking for some peace and quiet. However, be aware that there are two large hotels opposite and on 2 mornings the coach drivers there were up very early!

Would I stay again? Most definately!

• Liked — Modern light and airy rooms
  • Disliked — Car parking to the rear is a little tight
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brecon, Mid Wales, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2006

We stayed at the Haven last night (2 adults and our 4 year old) and I have to agree with many of the other comments about this B & B. It is very clean, fresh, comfortable and stylish, with a friendly welcome and a very good breakfast.
We had a deluxe suite which had a comfy sofa and plenty of room and a really good bathroom.
The only suggestion I would make is the room was rather light which, for me, made it harder to sleep. The curtains were stylish, but let the morning light in before I was ready......this is my personal preference and may not bother some people. I must say though I recommend the Haven as a clean, stylish friendly place to stay in Torquay.

• Liked — Clean, Welcoming, accomodating to children
  • Disliked — Thin curtains letting in light!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
plymouth,devon UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

mandi & berry very welcoming, rooms are decorated to a high standard & you feel nothing is too much trouble. will definately return.

Stayed June 2006

Been to Haven House? Share your experiences!