“very clean comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Headland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
The Headland Hotel
You added The Headland Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Daddyhole Road, Torquay TQ1 2EF, England   |
Ranked #22 of 94 Hotels in Torquay
mersyside
“very clean comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

i have found this hotel to be the best i have been to' for the price the service was excellent' lovely sea views' fantastic' the food and service was great the staff was very good' my wife and i will be going back next year. its a great hotel for pensioners' they realy look after you.
thank you headland for a lovely stay.
robert & manderlain.
merseyside

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Headlandtorquay, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Thank you for taking time to send the above review, and it is really good to hear you consider us best value with your comments on our price, views, service, food and staff. We take great pride in having an attentive, friendly and professional team here, and I will pass on your thanks until your visit to us next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel with high expectations.

On closer inspection the internal plaster is hanging off the walls in the corridrors upstairs. We had an executive room with a great sea view but also had the benefit of the extractor from the kitchen which was both noisy during the day and a bit smelly. the bed was great-huge and comfortable. The floorboards creaked loudly throughout the room and bathroom. My husband got bitten by 'insects' during the night. The shower screen was broken, leaking water onto the floor.

The meal in the evening was such a let down: what we called 'posh muck'. The starter was a mash of potato and chicken with a sprig of herb on the top-was listed as smoked chicken and potato. No mention of babyfood consistency. The main meals were a bizarre mix. The fish was served smothered in a strange sauce, resembling vomit. There was no suggestion the sauce would be on the fish and we had expected it to come in a sauce boat. The fish was full of bones!! Squirty cream on the puddings. Warm, dry cheese on the cheese board... I could go on. Needless to say we went bed and breakfast for the 2nd night.

I could go on but that wouldnt bring my weekend back. never again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Headlandtorquay, Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Sometimes guests do not mention issues during their stay, and it is then impossible to rectify most matters satisfactorily after the event. Similarly communications sent to us after departure may not be entirely factually correct, or may grossly over-exaggerate the problems in a provocative manner. Whilst we take pride in responding to all feedback it is frustrating when we are not given the opportunity to do so, especially when we operate such a hands-on management style. I am confident that our many other regular guests would take issue with the above report, which is so untypical of the high standards which we maintain.
Cheshire England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed 5 days at the Headland Hotel and enjoyed it. The food was very good, and after we moved bedroom that was good too, but stayed one night in a very inferior one firstly. It was very small and poky, really uncomfortable beds, on the dressing table was a four pin plug next to the kettle which was directly under the fire alarm all very dangerous. The shower door was coming off and I showered with towels on the floor to stop the water going on the floor. I am writing this because this room was so awful so if you get room 148 complain.The manager then moved us into a very good room Having said that everything else was fine and all told we enjoyed it . I would stay there again but giving that room a miss.

• Stayed October 2010
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed at the Headland in August for 1 week and had a wonderful visit as usual. I have stayed at the Headland Hotel several times in the past as i have family in the area and love to return. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the food is always good and the views are incredible!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a realxing break in a beautiful location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Headland Hotel which we enjoyed very much. The sea view from our room was wonderful. The room was very comfortable and well equiped, my husband enjoyed the flat screen television. Our bed was spotlessly clean and we slept well. The only downside was on the day a foreign girl did our room. In fact she only made the bed as far as we could see. Of course on the other days we were looked after very well,clean carpets, bathroom and clean glasses and fresh water were always there. The food was excellent and the portions very generous. Laila, our waitress, was a little gem and nothing was too much trouble to her. The staff were all friendly and helpful, well done the manager.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed for two days and had a fantastic time. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome. I booked a single room but was upgradred to a double. The location is great for the fistral beach. I WILL be staying there again, soon I hope.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a short break taken with a tour. the hotel was clean and in a wonderful position on the headland with beautiful views. As I am disabled I nbooked a room with a walk in shower and the room I was given had a bath. I spoke to the receptionist who was very helpful and polite and I was found a room with a walk in shower. the room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The food was well cooked and there was plenty of it. I user a mobility scooter which requires the battery th be charged and the staff arranged this for me and had the scooter ready in reception for me to go out the next day. The staff were very helpful and polite and made my holiday most enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009

Been to The Headland Hotel? Share your experiences!