“Friendly atmosphere, eager to please, excellent food.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali, Balti
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: After the successful trading of Himal Tandoori Nepalese & Indian Restaurant in Paignton; we're opening the doors for new customers in Torquay.
Torquay, Australia
“Friendly atmosphere, eager to please, excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been to Taj India a couple of times now, as a couple and with some friends and I must say that all staff are very friendly, always checking we were happy with our order and making it obvious that if we have any special requirements, it wasn't a problem. We have ordered different things and tried different dishes, all of them were superb. Prices are very affordable so you do not feel you are breaking the bank in order to go out for a meal with your friends. Highly enjoyable, have booked a bigger party for next time and I am sure we will be back again soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. It's really appreciated. I shall be sharing it with all the team member so they're motivated and encouraged to work harder and provide best and friendly service as much as possible.
Secondly thank you for booking at our restaurant again with a larger party. It proves we're doing our jobs perfectly as possible. The reason why all our meal tasted different its cooked to order. Nothing is ready in the kitchen until we get the order from you and the kitchen team get the orders from the front of house. This is the reason why we ask you when would you like your meal to be cooked.
Once again thank you again for your custom and will see you soon again for the same great tasting Nepalese & Indian Cuisine.

Paignton, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Friendly service, cheap soft drinks, quick service, excellent food and excellent value for money! Went with a uni group of students and we all had a really good time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate your effort. We try out best to put the cost as low as possible for drinks hence you got drinks for cheap price. Our service will always be as friendly as possible and the meal quality will always be better than your last visit. I'm glad that you enjoyed our meal. Hope to see you again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great value Nepalese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great Indian and Nepalese food at very reasonable prices.
Decor isn't wonderful but the important thing is that the food and service are!
They don't sell alcohol but if you want to drink that'll save you money.
Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thanks a lot for the honest feedback. We are on our process of applying for a license but it takes few weeks. We are working on getting our atmosphere as lively as possible. I'm glad that you liked our meal and service as and as you mentioned its food and service that counts and let me assure, the quality of food and service wont ever be degraded. in the mean time if you have any ideas for the restaurant décor then please do not hesitate to email me direct on tajindia@tajindia.co.uk

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Indian food I've had in ages.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great little restaurant tucked away just up from the main street in Torquay. The Food is very very good and a massive choice of either Indian or Nepalis dishes that can be altered to suit individuals taste, and very generous portions.

The welcome we got one arriving was warm and friendly, the staff are very helpful and attentive, but not overly, just what's needed for a great evening. Once we had booked our table the owner/Manager emailed us with our confirmation and a copy of the menu's on offer.

All round great place, we'll be going back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thanks a lot for the wonderful time and taking out your time to leave a feedback. Since we are a Nepalese and Indian restaurtant I do admit there's plenty of mouthwatering dishes to choose from but let me assure you, you wont be disappointed by each cuisine.
Our staffs are trained to meet and greet customer in a polite and professional manner as much as possible. I think our team knows best on how to handle the customer and how much attention to give. Not too much and not too less either and I'm glad you mentioned this too.
Since its the age of internet, I myself email all the customer who book the table with us the confirmation of booking and a copy of offers/menu so that they're best ready when they come to the restaurant. Saves the times for you as well as for us as well.
Finally I appreciate the feedback and will certainly be sharing with the Taj India team, from the front of house staffs as well as the kitchen team so they're motivated and encouraged to work even harder. We look forward to see you in our restaurant again.

torquay
“Quick delivery and nice food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We usually go to a T/A in Babbacombe for curry but they were closed on Tuesday so decided to try out the Taj India as it was above on Trip Advisor. The food was easy to order and arrived quickly and driver was very friendly. Price was good in comparison to other take aways. We had a starter and mains with rice and naan as well as saag aloo. We definitely enjoyed our meals, but did not feel it was amazing as some competitors. I found my Taj Delight chicken a little bit dry and found the chicken chat a bit greasy. The complimentary poppadoms were great and it was a good meal, but think it could be better.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal however it wasn't up to your expectation. I was on my annual leave and I assume you tried us when I was away. I'd appreciate it if you give us another try and I'll make sure everything is up to your expectation including fat free chat. if you'd like t email me direct on tajindia@tajindia.co.uk I'm sure we can work out something for you.