“Brighton bikers” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Falkland Road, Torquay TQ2 5JP, England   |
Ranked #40 of 153 Torquay B&B and Inns
“Brighton bikers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A late arrival in Torquay found us trailing round trying to find digs for the evening, unfortunately being on motorbikes we had several negative responses from b&b owners who were advertising vacancies but told us they had nothing suitable. Lucky for us we happened upon Glendower. Very friendly owners who didn't pre- judge us and offered us two rooms, 1 single and 1 twin, both were very clean and modern. The beds were comfy and it was very quiet. Breakfast was excellent with fruits from peters garden and a great full English. All in all I would definitely recommend a stay here if you find yourself in Torquay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Watford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Recently spent a long weekend in Torquay in this delightful B&B. The rooms were immaculately clean and the beds were extremely comfortable to the point where we wanted to take them home with us! The proprietors couldn't do enough to help - would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we stayed only one night unfortunately, On arrival peter meet us and he was witty and friendly towards us ,The room was clean and large, short walk to beach , definately stay again , breakfast was the best grub i had in any hotel i stayed .......

Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stopped at Glendower for 3 nights. Great location for town and seafront and off main road, so quite quiet compared to a lot of hotels around that area. Breakfast was lovely, home made jams and yogurts and fresh fruit along with cooked breakfast. Hosts were lovely and rooms were clean and modern and we had comfortable nights sleep.
Would stay again if going to Torquay.

Room Tip: We stayed a side of hotel and it was overlooking a green and was nice and quiet.
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have just had a few days staying with Jacky and Peter, they make you feel instantly at home, we arrived as strangers but left as friends. The bedroom & en-suite were spotlessly clean. The facilities included free wi-fi which is always handy. The location of the Glendower is ideal, easy walking distance to the sea front. The breakfast was excellent quality & plentiful. We will definately be back at the Glendower soon, Chris & Sue, York.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the Glendower. The 1st time, the whole family went and the 2nd, my wife and I went for a short break. I would have to agree with previous reviews about the Glendower,Peter and Jacky make you feel very welcome on arrival and throughout your stay. The superking bed was nice and comfortable and the rooms are very spacious and extremely clean and tidy.What can I say about the breakfast that has not been already said, " they are fantastic" the full english sets you up for the day perfectly.The food is all home cooked, as is the yogurts,jams,bread etc. You are spoilt for choice. The location is good too. It's only a short walk from the train station, and less than 5 minutes from the sea front . There is off road car parking at the Glendower too, which is always nice.Price wise its very reasonable compared to other B and B,s. Overall we like the Glendower very much and will continue to stay there on each visit to Torquay in the future.
Ian and Sandra Brine Dorset

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I always read trip advisor before I travel . I do wonder why people have put negative comments . Yes there is no bath but the showers and bathroom are great . Having a nice shower when I am away is what I need . 75 a night I think is fine, there are rooms all priced at different rates , having stayed in a few places in Devon , some cheaper but I don't get same service . I stayed in 75 a night room and was treated to A 6'6 superking size bed that was so comfy . A huge room , free Internet , lovely bathroom . Hospitality tray , Breakfast well what can I say .... Very tasty , all home cooked and homemade jams , yogurts and bread . Fresh fruit salad . I felt very spoilt .
I made use of the new honesty bar . What a great idea and very reasonable bottle of wine £9 . 35ml spirit just £2 I think this is such a fab idea and the tassamo coffee machine was great to sit and watch tv enjoying a drink followed by a nice latte. There is space to eat you takeaways down there to.
I can not praise enough but I know I will only stay there from now on and you defiantly get what you pay for and more .
My tip would be book direct always . I am so pleased I ignored the very few negative comments on this site and stayed here .
Peter and jacky you are great hosts and made us feel very welcome .

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Glendower? Share your experiences!