“Disappointing cream tea” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointing cream tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and I stopped and shared a cream tea. Shop was very cute, great location and delicious tea but the the scones and clotted cream were not good and I have had several at different locations during my holiday. Maybe we got an off day?

JulieSweet, Owner at Burridge's Cafe Tearooms, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Firstly I would like to thank all of our positive reviewers and apologise for not having the time to reply to all. With regard to this review I can only say how shocked I am, our scones I think are delicious and are handmade by a local bakery and as for our beautiful Devon clotted cream which comes from Langage Farm and is traditionally made, I don't think you can find better it's won many awards as has our fabulous local strawberry jam. As the saying goes though, you can't please all of the people all of the time and if the best that Devon has to offer doesn't please you, then I don't know what will. Good luck in your quest for perfection Julie Sweet

Hertfordshire
“Absolutely spot on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We visited this beautiful little tea room with our son who is five years old and we loved it. Firstly I just wanted to pick up on something someone else had said on here about the layout; the layout is perfect! There is not a long narrow space before you get to the till. The till is at the back of the tea room nearest the kitchen. There are tables either side of an area you can walk in but it is a logical layout! Anyhoo, we had a savoury and a sweet cream tea and they were lovely, and the cost was very reasonable for them, there was loads and we really did make piggies of ourselves. The staff were friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. My son felt entertained and very welcome throughout. The toilets were clean as was the tea room itself. My little boy had a strawberry lemonade and a chocolate brownie and they were lovely! We would most definitely recommend this little gem to anyone.

“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We shared a crab sandwich and cream tea between two people. Was a lovely place to just sit and enjoy the tea.

London
“Crab sandwich was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Very nice little place with all food being very tasty and very fresh. Sandwiches come either with salad and crisps or fruit and crisps. Scones were lovely too and no one seemed to mind our slightly too curious toddler daughter. We asked for recommendation from local and it was a great one, just what we needed for quick lunch. However, it would be nice to spend there an hour or two for full afternoon tea as it is such a pretty cafe.

“Scrumptious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Had afternoon tea here. Scones were served warm along with pot of jam and a pot of clotted cream. The scones melted in your mouth. Cafe was lovely and clean and the staff were very welcoming and pleasant. The view of the harbour is gorgeous and makes this a great place to people watch whilst enjoying Torquay's finest afternoon tea.