We stayed two nights at the Meadfoot Bay Hotel, at first we were a little disappointed about the location - it's close to the town centre but is up a slightly steep hill. But it turned out rather lucky as Torquay can get quite busy at night so it's nice the hotel is a little out of the way but still relatively close.
The hotel is family run, the staff were all so welcoming, extremely friendly and helpful. We had our bags taken to our room and given lots of useful information about Torquay and offered 10% off vouchers for local restaurants.
Our room and whole hotel was spotless and beautifully decorated. The room we had was a reasonable size, the en suite was large with a wet room although the shower wasn't very powerful. The beds were a good size and very comfortable. Breakfast is served 8.30-9.30 but on arrival we were told you can turn up at 9.30 if you wish, there is no rush to leave and be finished by a certain time which I thought was nice.
The breakfast was beautiful with a menu to choose from and a buffet of everything you could possibly wish for at breakfast. All their jams were home made which were gorgeous and available to purchase. The full english breakfast and porridge are second to none, I almost want to go back just for their food.
Overall I have no real complaints and would definitely recommend this hotel - it's lovely for a romantic trip or with family for a relaxing weekend and a reasonable price for the great accommodation and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is an award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 4 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon