I picked this hotel after reading all the great reviews as somewhere special to enjoy our minimoon....and we were not disappointed.
From arrival, we felt welcome.
A lovely smiley gent opened the door to us (Gary). Once inside, a quick chat n show around. He could not have been more helpful.
First impressions are everything. The hotel was immaculate and well decorated. Potpourri dotted around and well lit.
Our room was on the second floor; no lift but not a problem. Nice and open planned with lots of natural light. Bathroom was beautiful; bathtub was my highlight. Lovely terrace through the patio doors with lots of room for us to enjoy the view and the sun. Also a lovely water feature. A welcome drink of sherry in a personalised decanter with mini glasses is a lovely touch. We even had rose petals scattered on our bed with little hearts, as well as dotted around the apartment. Attention to detail was amazing.
Hotel is a lovely 5min walk from the beach. Bit of a hill, so maybe not an ideal heel-wearing situation. 10mins in the other direction to town and lots of restaurants. If you love steak, try Cottoneyed Joe's!!! Another lovely sandy beach lies just round the corner from town which is absolutely beautiful also.
Hospitality is impeccable, always service with a smile. Chris is an absolute delight with his broad welcoming smile in a morning.
LOVELY hotel and already looking forward to our next stay. Not even 24hrs since we left and missing it.
Lovely family run hotel with the added personality and personal touch. Absolute gem :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is an award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 8 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 4 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon