“Another excellent meal at whit fields” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Paignton
“Another excellent meal at whit fields”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We visited whit fields again on Saturday 7th June, as always we had a lovely meal and good service from Amy who is pleasant and very quick. Whit fields is always a pleasure to visit, we like the atmosphere it is always friendly, excellent food served hot and a good variety of fresh vegetables. Do try the baked Brie starter so unusual. Nick who is chef proprietor makes a point of meeting his customers , a very nice touch Ann alan and joyce

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Give it a try.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Was told about this place by a friend. Hard place to find and we live local. Food was good and great value too. Only problem we was the only people in there on a Thursday night! Some music would have been nice. Staff was good and ofcourse service too. Really feel locals should give this a try. All freshly cooked and wine not too expensive. Use it or lose it guys.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Nice but in an odd location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I ate here with some friends after a few recommendations. The location of this restaurant is a little off the beaten track, but thought we'd try it. Our starters were great, but the mains were a little disappointing, my friends steak was ordered medium to well, but was very rare and had to be sent back to the kitchen, however on its return they had cooked her fresh new chips. My duck main course was like something I could buy pre packed and pre cooked at a supermarket and put in the oven at home myself. The chips were lovely though with a slight batter on them. My dessert was less than impressive too, I had the pavlova but, this was 2 shop bought meringues! For £5.95 I was expecting homemade meringue. However the wine was very reasonable.
When I got I up to leave I noticed that my chair had a large nail coming out of the top of it, through to the material, which I had been sat on. I told the lovely, hard working waitress who advised they knew that it was there and it kept coming out! Well I would have thought if they knew the chair was broken they would fix it properly or remove it, rather than take the chance of an inch long nail going into a customers leg, or hand?

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“a great surprise (what a find)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

we booked due to the reviews on the trip advisor and thank goodness for sat nav because otherwise we would of struggled , we had great food and the atmosphere was great too
the chef and owner come out at the end of the evening and had a long chat with every one individually and made every body welcome
on the whole the place doesnt look anything from the out side but when you get inside its bluming great place to go!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Sadly Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Last Sunday was the first real sunny, dry day: the first this year and we were out on our bikes in the new Scadsdon Woods cycle track at Livermead and came across this inviting little bistro, with empty tables outside in the sunshine.
Fancying a decent cup of coffee and a snack we picked from the outside menu of sandwiches, wraps and jackets and went in to order.
We were told by the waitress, after she had first consulted the chef, that they had no bread! We were not offered an alternative, so we had to leave!
This could of been a place to recommend but not now, service is everything, very dissapointed.

Visited March 2014