“An excellent guest house with fantastic hosts, loved every minute.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arran Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Arran Lodge to your Saves list
Arran Lodge
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   97 Avenue Road, Torquay TQ2 5LH, England   |
Ranked #76 of 154 Torquay B&B and Inns
“An excellent guest house with fantastic hosts, loved every minute.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful 5 night stay at Arran Lodge, with my husband and our 18 month daughter.
The guest house is immaculate and very well decorated, with a lovely home like feel. The owner and her husband ensured we had everything we needed and were very accommodating with my daughter. They advised us of where to go and recommended good restaurants and activities for my little one and they truly made us have a fabulous holiday.
Our room was very spacious, even with a cot in it and we had our own private patio area. There was even a flat screen tv with a good selection of new release DVDs!
Breakfast was delicious - fresh fruit, cereals and a cooked breakfast, made exactly how you wanted it. The room was cleaned every day and the tea tray was re stocked with yummy biscuits.
There's lots to see and do in Torquay and the beach is only a 5 minute walk away. My only wish is that we could have stayed longer, we will definitely be back soon. I would strongly recommend this guest house and guarantee you will have an excellent stay.
L Wallis.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for three nights and we had the most wonderful stay. The room we stayed in was exrememly spacious and had it's own patio area, which was a lovely touch! The room was cleaned everyday and we had such a welcoming stay. The owners are very friendly and nothing seems too much to make your stay an enjoyable experience. We were so happy that we chose this B&B as we have stayed in Torquay before but our stay was nowhere near to this standard. Torquay town is a nice 5 minute walk from the guest house and is very easy to get to. We can't wait to return here next year for another perfect stay from extremely welcoming hosts, who offer the best breakfast around!. Thank you very much Jo, we will definitely see you again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at this B&B recently for a long weekend. We could not have wished for better. Jo the owner is very kind and offers a friendly personal service. The room was fantastic, clean, fresh and homely. The breakfast each morning started our day off perfectly consisting of anything you wanted from cereal, toast, fresh fruit, yoghurt and a full english. Brilliant time whilst we stayed there and would most certainly return next time we want to go to Torquay. You will not go wrong with your stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
JoanneWoolman, Owner at Arran Lodge, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your great review. It was lovely to meet you both and will look forward to being of service to you both in the future.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just returned from our holiday at Torquay and we stayed at the Arran Lodge B&B. Having stayed at couple of B&Bs, i must admit, this was the best one ever! First of all, the location is great, just 3 mins from Torre station and couple of mins away from the coach station, 10 mins walk from the Torquar harbour. The owner is one of the sweetest people I've come across, she picked us up from the Torquay coach station and we had a lovely welcome with hot coffee (much needed one!) and yummy home baked cakes. She even allowed us to select our rooms, which was confusing because they were all very clean and immaculate and simply perfect. The bed was the most comfortable one ever! the sheets were spot on and the everything in the room was very clean, just made my whole trip really. Our room had a flat screen (incl. over 15 titles of dvds!), ironing and hair drying facilities, lovely towels, and everything was well thought through (it even had cotton balls, nail clippers and safety pins!). we were daily served a perfect breakfast (i am very fussy with food, and Jo was very understanding and got me exactly what i wanted). Our rooms were cleaned everyday and it was the most refreshing thing after a long day of exploring Torquay. We never had any issues getting places as the location was perfect and close to bus stops. I loved every minute of my stay at Arran Lodge and will definitely be going back again. We were dropped back to the coach station after our break and i really wished I could have stayed longer. I simply cannot find any fault with my stay here , thanks Jo for making our much deserved holiday a perfect one. We will be back shortly...

Sumy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
tamworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

the second year we have stopped here and we was not disapointed comfortable room very good food and a very hospitable friendly proprieter plus the conveniance of the location all adds up to a very pleasing break we will certainly go again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
CAERPHILLY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just returned from a couple of days at Torquay we stayed at the ARRAN LODGE B & B very reccomended we had a lovely welcome from JO on arrival with a pot of tea cakes and biscuits never experienced that at a b&b then she showed us to our rooms they were stunning spotlessly clean and bang up to date with the decor and beautiful crisp clean bedding and snow white towels and everything from tea making facilities to a flat screen tv and dvd,s Then breakfast was great with the choice of full english which was gorgeous there was also a choice of salmon or kippers with poached eggs fresh fruit yoghurts and cake was also available Jo also reccomended places to go for evenings out all in all this has too be the best b&b we have stayed in and will certainly reccomend it to anyone Thanks Jo for a lovely couple of days from Pam Mike Sandra andJOHN

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Torquay is a beautiful town, but this B&B made my experience complete. I stayed at the Arran Lodge this past weekend and it was phenomenal! The rooms were immaculate, the breakfasts were delicious, and I haven't a single negative comment. When I arrived I was offered tea and cake (which was delicious). Entering my room, I found more tea, as well as hot chocolate and biscuits. The proprieters were some of the nicest people I have ever met, and very helpful and knowledgable about the area, and places to see and eat. The dining room was beautiful and the breakfasts delicious and filling. I essentially lived in the lap of luxury for two nights, and at a very reasonable price. I don't know if I'll ever get back to Torquay, but I know where I'd stay if I do!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Arran Lodge? Share your experiences!