“Five Day Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Seascape Hotel
You added Seascape Hotel to your Saves list
8-10 Tor Church Road, Torquay TQ2 5UT, England   |
Ranked #55 of 94 Hotels in Torquay
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Five Day Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just returned from a National Holidays Monday to Friday stay at the Seascape. Wow! Excellent value. Good food. Polite staff...very kind to my disabled nephew. Super clean hotel. Gallons of hot water. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: You could pick up the wi-fi signal in rooms located above the wi-fi lounge.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased that you found the staff polite and helpful and pleased to hear that you nephew was well looked after. Also thank you for your commments regarding the cleanliness its always nice when the housekeepings hard work gets recognised!

We do hope to see you agin in the near future.

Michelle Lyons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would just like to thank all the staff at the seascape as I personally think they are all excellent, I cannot find a fault with this hotel food is great and staff very helpful. I have read back through some of the statements and can honestly say that I have stayed there many times and cannot say that it was a cold hotel if anything it is a hot hotel as heating never seems to go off.
Some hotels I stay in the heating is timed and if you get back early it is freezing as does not go on until 17.30 which is no good when you arrive back at 15.00.

Well done Seascape keep the good work up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. It is always nice when a guest that has stayed with us on numerous occasions post a review! The fact that you have been here several occasions speaks volumes itself. :)) I have passed on your positive commemts to all the staff and we hope that you come and see us yet again very soon!!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good service and very clean rooms on my recent weekend break. Staff in dining room excellent, as was the food.

Very little tea and milk provided in room, a small criticism. Will go again. Food excellent, varied and piping hot each meal

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on ground floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer

Thanky ou very much for your review and such a postive one at that! :)) I have passed on your comments regarding the food to our chef and the restaurant staff.

We do hope that you will visit us again soon!

Sandy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here on Just Go coach trip. Pros: Clean and comfortable room with tea/coffee facilities. Very helpful and efficient staff. Meals good quality, varied and filling. Cosy bar with some evening entertainment.

Cons: Famous squeaky floor boards tend to inhibit movement late evening/night. Small lift a bit of a squeeze when carrying luggage. Main road traffic occasionally a nuisance. WiFi limited to a single lounge should one wish to stay on business.

Overall: Would happily stay here again as none of the cons seriously impaired our enjoyment.

Room Tip: If possible request a room facing the rear of the hotel with a shower rather than a bath.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you shared a few cons but i am also pleased that you said that the few small matters did not affect your stay as most of which are out of my control.

Thank you again for sharing your views.

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The restaurant staff was nice and food was good, room was clean
The room was cold ( I now have a cough!! which ive not had one, all winter! )
on walking in there I was hit with the cold air! it was freezing in the morning and didn’t improve all the time I stayed there , so i had a system worked out Putting my winter jacket on, thermal socks and a quilt wrapped around my legs on having a cup of tea
the water didn't get hot until after 8am so having to go down to breakfast at that time you had no chance to have a hot shower!!
The water is MEANT to be on 24 hours!!!! This is not so!! .......
IT WAS NOT!!! Hot until after 8am ... this is the case, from where your room is! so my advice would be not to go below ground level.
The young receptionist with a child was very rude and talked down to me regarding this situation insinuating that I was stupid and didn't know how to operate a shower dial!!!! I must add i was not talking to her about this at the time I was talking to other guests to see if they had Hot water and she rudely interrupted our conversations from the stairs in the reception area and continue to be very rude!! This person needs to go to a school of manners and realise THAT the guests are ALWAYS RIGHT if it wasn’t a family run Hotel she would have got the sack for her attitude She was not only rude to me but other guests as well
On the up side I did get a mug for my morning tea and an extra quilt
all in all I would never go back there

Room Tip: 1st floor upward to get the best in hot water and heating
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for review i am pleased that you found the restaurant staff to be good and efficient and that your room was cleam. I am sorry that you found the hotel cold but there was 90 other guests in during the same weekend and we didnt recieve any other complaints regarding the cold, the only other similar complaint we recieved was regarding the shower in one other room but once they had been shown how to operate it properly by the miantenance man as you were they had no futher complaints. The water as explained is not on a timer the heating is but the hot water is constant! I was not rude to you i was simmply informing you of this fact and i do not need to go to school of manners and i generally get very good feedback from the guests, it was just that you was at reception everyday intent on complaining about every small thing. The reason you got the mug and extra duvet was because it was arranged by me. I was not rude to any other guests at all and this is apparent by the fact the no-one else has suggested such a thing.

Regards

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here last month when we travelled with JustGo holidays, and found it to be warm, welcoming and efficiently run. Our keys were ready for collection on arrival and the room (11) was easily accessible via the stairs or lift, and it's location was ideal as it overlooked immaculately manicured gardens and also gave us a sea view. The room itself had two comfortable beds, a double wardrobe with plenty of hangers, a bedside cabinet, chair, dressing table with hairdryer, TV and coffee making facilities. The ensuite shower room was very cramped, it was quite difficult getting in and out of the shower cubicle as the 3-part slider doors left a tiny gap to squeeze through. Anyone on the large size simply would not fit inside. Maybe better to replace this with a curtain ? Towels were provided ( but no floor/bathmat ) as well as the standard tiny piece of hotel soap,so do remember to bring all the toiletries you need. The TV works very well manually, no need to pay to have the remote. Our breakfasts & evening meals were included and we found the breakfasts were well cooked and not too huge, the evening meal ( which is ordered at breakfast ) was good some nights with a limited choice of desserts. As we were on a budget break we couldn't expect more, and the service was excellent from our lovely happy waitress, a chatty Greek lady.
Some people had moaned about the creaky floors, really they aren't that bad ! The whole hotel is warm and fabulously clean, housekeeping really do a wonderful job. Full marks to the staff, I'd recommend this hotel in Torquay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We are very pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and clean and i have passed on your comments to the housekeeping staff.

I do hope to see you again in the future.

Gloucs UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We've just returned from a freezing week's JustGo break, staying at this hotel. It's a standard Torquay hotel with a maze of rooms but it scored extra points with us for (1) having very warm heating on full blast everywhere for the whole of the freezing week (2) excellent breakfasts (3) super waitresses. Dinners are fine too, filling and well presented. The rooms are quite average size-wise but are clean and comfortable. Ours sported a view of a brick wall but as we only used the room for sleeping etc. it was no problem. There was no noise at all during the night, either inside or outside the hotel. The rooms have tea/coffee making facilities and a cramped but serviceable shower/WC.
Smokers will be pleased to note that out on the terrace there is a specially erected garden shed on the roof, so one can smoke without getting soaked or standing in the wind.
Most nights the hotel had the one-man or one-woman type entertainer in the bar, and while they are good and something my wife is keen on they're not my scene, but fortunately I found a RAFA club round the corner which sold drink at much cheapness and which welcomes non-members, so of an evening I'd decamp round there and leave my wife to enjoy the entertainment with other members of the coach party.
All in all, considering what we paid, the hotel was very good value indeed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your review. We are pleased that you found the hotel warm and comfortable and the service from the waiting staff excellent.

I am pleased that you felt you had value for money and hope to see you again soon.

Michelle Lyons

Been to Seascape Hotel? Share your experiences!