“Gone down hill” 2 of 5 stars
Review of upton cantonese takeaway

upton cantonese takeaway
Description: address of lymigton road
torquay
“Gone down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Used to be my favourite chinese takeaway in torquay, but recently has gone downhill fast. The food just isnt very nice anymore.

Visited May 2012

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Lovely Chinese curry and fried rice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The food was tasty, inexpensive and plentiful. The staff were very cheerful and accommodating

Visited April 2012
newton abbot
“very poor wouldnt except food was tastless ,”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

had crispy duck pancakes wouldnt roll they broke , duck was like chewing an old boot , plum sauce was just a dollop from the fridge still cold , prawn and pineapple tastless , just steamed prawns added to pineapple and over cooked white rice , phoned and complained was just told i have been here twenty years and wouldnt take any notice of what i said dogmatic and unprofessional !!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Torquay
“Torquay Travellers Good Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Address 53 Upton Road Torquay few doors down from Upton Social Club
Web site www.uptoncantonesetakeaway.co.uk

One and only Chinese takeaway we use.Recent trip adviser disappointed with the prices and suggests the food is only average. I agree the prices are slightly higher but this is offset by the large portions and as for the food in my opinion is as good as other Chinese.Even though my preference is Indian we use the Upton because it is near to us and keeps the wife happy. On 6/12/2011 I had spare ribs in spicy sauce ( £5.60 enough for two) king prawn curry with rice ( £6.25) my wife had chow sam sien ( £5.25) two pancake rolls ( £1.05 each absolutely gorgeous )There was plenty left over for a extra meal which makes the prices reasonable.As I like curry hot and spicy the chef always makes mine hotter.Would recommend this takeaway to anyone.If you are not near enough their delivery service is excellent

John and Sue Torquay

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Torquay
“Does what it says”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Upton Cantonese provides both delivery and collection options. The delivery is always as per their estimate of delivery times and I can't fault this. The food is always hot and packaging is satisfactory. The food has always been of average quality, I've eaten a lot better takeaways, likewise I've eaten a lot worse takeaways! I can't sing and dance about the quality as too be honest it's not five standard, nonetheless, if you just want to be fed with hot and relatively tasty food this is the place! I generally get four dishes, this feeds two people and your not left feeling hungry. The price I pay generally is about £25 obviously this will vary depending on what you buy! My personal opinion is that for the price you don't quite get the standard you'd expect, don't let this put you off as the food is perfectly enjoyable, I just think there is lots of room for improvement, especially at the prices they charge! On the whole I'd recommend this place, I keep going back but do question the prices they charge!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere