“nice place by harbour” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 264 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: English, Italian, Continental, Pub
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: We are a friendly continental cafe bar located at the heart of Torquay harbour side. We offer a large selection of food and drinks and boast two spacious outdoor seating areas.
“nice place by harbour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

due to the cold weather we sat inside Shiraz where the service was very good, drinks a bit pricey but its good in the summer to sit outside by the harbour we have eaten there before meals really nice... the only complaint I have is the toilets! I went in & had a spooky experience!! I'm not sure if the owners read this but if you do I'd love to know if anyone has mentioned ghosts in the ladies toilets before

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Torquay, England, United Kingdom
“Nice afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Lovely atmosphere sitting outside on the harbour, drinks and food reasonably priced, and all cooked to great quality.

Visited August 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Dont bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What more can i say than worst meal ive ever eaten ,had mixed grill everything was over cooked ,hard burnt or fatty ,wife had hunters chicken ,cheese wasnt even melted ,,definately won,t return!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alton, United Kingdom
“Just the ticket”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I wanted an inexpensive snack for an evening meal and was attracted to Shiraz by the two (enclosed) flaming torches blazing outside. It was a cold evening so no-one was occupying the alfresco seating and it wasn't immediately clear that food was available.
A friendly answer to my enquiry led to drinks and a tasty plate of scampi and chips. Well cooked and nicely presented with a small salad and more than enough tartare sauce.
I was dressed for outdoors and didn't take my coat off because with the dining area open at the entrance it was none too warm, however that did not detract from my enjoyment.
If I am in the area again I would certainly consider revisiting.

Visited October 2012
Evesham, United Kingdom
“worst meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I dont like to slate restuarants but this was really poor, the food was restauarnt prices but really poor quality my daughter had fishcakes served with a white wine sauce these were iceland shop (20 in a bag of 1.99 style) quality and it was covered in french dressing when we asked if this was the right meal they just said that is how the sauce comes from the packet but this meal was £9.99 we had 2 other meals that I wont go into but they were dreadful we complained and they gave us a bottle of wine however our bil for three came to £42.00
this cannot be due to having a bad day but being greedy with prices, when you pay £10 for a main course you expect quality

• Visited September 2012