“Very nice breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 266 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: English, Italian, Continental, Pub
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: We are a friendly continental cafe bar located at the heart of Torquay harbour side. We offer a large selection of food and drinks and boast two spacious outdoor seating areas.
Port Talbot
“Very nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

As we had arrived early for our break in Torquay we decided to have a late breakfast at this restaurant. There is nothing listed on the menu for vegetarians which was an initial disappointment. When I ordered the food I explained to the young woman serving that I would like a breakfast without sausages or bacon, to which she did seem confused as to why I wouldn't want these things (I think she was possibly eastern european and possibly did not understand). However, another person behind the bar came over and this was soon sorted out. When the breakfasts arrived (mine without meat my otherhalf's with bacon and sausages) they were delicious and perfectly cooked, no complaints with the food at all. Quite a nice place to dine with views of the harbour.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I had a cheese ploughmans, I don't really know how you can go wrong with that but you live & learn. The bread was dry & stale, the pickle tasted like value jarred stuff...disgusting! The salad looked like something that'd been tipped out of a bag, coleslaw was vile, watery & discoloured, supermarket value range again i'm guessing & the half a pickled onion was dry & had orange flecks all over it...looked like they'd taken it off another plate! The cheese was ok, nothing special. God only knows what their cooked food was like if they made such a mess of a simple ploughmans! Staff didn't really seem very friendly. Would not go back even if you paid me. Steer clear!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We came for a meal in the evening and had a lovely meal the pizza are great and good prices lovely staff and nice area to sit out side in the summer evenings looking over the sea

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“great fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

perfect selection and the best fish and chips i have ever had! they have something for all tastes in our party, fast service and they even make cocktails too which were very good.

Visited August 2012
Leek, Staffordshire
“Good pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My partner and I had the 2 meals for £9.95. I had the chilli with rice and salad which was very tasty and the portion was huge! I actually couldn't finish it there was that much of it. My partner had the chicken, chips and peas and also found his meal to be tasty. We thought the meals were excellent value for money.

• Visited July 2012