“fish supper” 4 of 5 stars

+44 1803 323302
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 277 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, English
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: REGIONAL FINALIST FOR THE NATIONAL FISH & CHIP AWARDS - that means that we're in the top 3 fish and chip shops covering Cornwall, Devon & Dorset.... Wow!!! Also voted Local's Best Fish & Chips!!! All food is cooked to order and served both hot and fresh. Offering fish, burgers, pies etc to eat in or take away. Inexpensive food, yet still delicious, so you can keep coming without worrying about the cost! Conveniently located behind Babbacombe Downs with car park close by. Been established for over 30 years.
torquay
“fish supper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

i like the fish and chips from here... two days a week they do a batter for coeliacs...nice selection on menu
good little cafe at back of fish shop..spotlessly clean

Visited September 2013

“Very tasty although a little pricey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The food was delicious and one of the best fish & chip shop meals that I have ever had. Although a little bit more expensive than other places, you do pay for the excellent quality. The fish were all carefully packed into the box and the chips were lovely and crispy. I will definately visit again if I am in the area again!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good food, decent prices and pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Following other positive reviews, we thought we would try Drakes for a takeaway following a long day sightseeing. The female assistant was very helpful explaining that they had been very busy and were short of haddock, she recommended making up our order with cod and we weren't disappointed by either the haddock or cod. The fryer was very friendly and we enjoyed some football banter as he was Brazilian. Chips could have been crispier but this seems to be the norm these days. My partner asked for a some curry sauce and this was also delicious. We were surprised at the prices, very good value.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

On my annual visit to Babbacombe, I usually get fish and chips from Drakes and eat them on the Downs but due to inclement weather this year I ate in the restaurant. The service was very good and the quality and presentation of the fish, chips and mushy peas first class. I noticed that Drakes seem to have dropped pizza, baked pots and the like from their menu and that's no bad thing-I think a lot of fish and chip shops fall into the trap of trying to do too much, rather than concentrating on what they really know. I did make the mistake of dining in at the establishment just up the road a few years back and whilst the food was very good, the prices were ridiculous. Drakes is every bit as good but much better value.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
torquay
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have had nicer fish and chips at other places.
I will not go there again. I prefer the fish and chip place around the corner.

Visited June 2014