“Good quality, fresh food served by friendly staff with a great view of the Bay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pier Point Restaurant & Bar

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Paignton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We visited pre-theatre on a Saturday evening and the staff made sure we were served promptly without being rushed. All the food was fresh and tasty and the whole atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. The view across the bay is definitely an added extra. Loos are cramped and a bit smelly.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Make sure you have plenty of time!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I sat here for 35 mins this afternoon, and really began to believe that I was invisible - all the staff walked around me as if I wasn't there - maybe it was because I was on my own, but everyone else who came in after me was served. When I finally got my drink, and later a coffee, I was surprised to find that there was no reduction for the amount of time I had waited, only an apology from the waitress. Customer service is non-existent, and with the prices that they charge I really expected better, especially as I am a local guest house owner!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Midlands
“Exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from a short break in Torquay. We tried this restaurant on our first night and were so impressed that we ate here on three occasions during our stay.
The food was excellent, can recommend the fishcakes.
The dining experience is enhanced by the service provided by the young staff, they are a real credit to the business. Without exception they are polite, cheerful and ultra efficient.
Only negative is the toilets, they do not match the rest of the positive experience.

Home
“Great food stunning location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

What a ghastly photo of fish and chips you have picked to put on here. You have a great water side location where you can sit out on the pavement or outside behind glass or even on a dull day sit indoors.With a good cosmopolitan menu... so why the picture ?
The service was prompt and efficient I had the best ever Caesar salad and other half had king prawn salad and he too rated it one of the best ever... this restaurant is far .better than a sea side cafe bar you may mistake it for ... we locals regularly use it... menu could do with a few more local produce on it... apart from that slight niggle... its well worth a visit ... Its not the sea side fish and chippy place their photo would have you think it is it far better than that...

Torquay
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Fantastic service, great evening.
Drinks came quickly and food came within a very reasonable waiting time for a busy bank holiday evening. Food was also fantastic, 4 of us had mains and desserts and were impressed with all of it. Not over-priced either which is always good.

• Visited August 2012