“Our local away from local” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 277 Restaurants in Torquay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the good folk of Torquay, Devon, with the best freshly prepared food, fresh organic coffee, speciality teas, fine wines, beer, and great live music
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Our local away from local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We nearly didn't eat here because we wanted something a bit special and thought a pub wouldn't do it. But the views were really nice, and we were tired of comparing restaurants, so we sat down. Excellent food! My husband had mussels that were mouth-watering, and I ordered cajun "fish and chips" which was as far from what you'd expect of fish and chips as Peking Duck is from chicken-flavoured pot noodles. Everything was expertly prepared and presented and delicious. My only complaint might be that I could have eaten the entire meal again - and not because the portions were small. They weren't. It was just good enough that I'd have been happy to stuff myself on it all a second time. I want to add that the service was simply excellent. We had service from three different employees, all of whom made us feel warmly welcomed and valued. I asked for their names because I thought each of them deserved a bit of recognition; Emma, Stuart and Kayley. Wonderful experience. Sad we can't bring the pub and their employees home with us!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glossop
“first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Perfect location on the quay side. great staff and a lovely menu. The sandwiches are perfect for a light lunch. WARNING watch out for the seagulls

Visited July 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Quick drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

When staying in Torquay recently we nipped into the Offshore for a quick drink, enjoyed so much, that we ended up staying for hours, good food and drink .fantastic location

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Avoid the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location but very poor food. I had catch of the day spicy fish and chips and recieved salmon. It was actually nice but my wifes salad Nicoise with seared tuna was missing ingedients and the tuna was totally overcooked and dry. Given the choice of restaurants in the area this is one to avoid if you are hungry.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been here a lot over the last couple of years, being a local, but I won't be returning for some time. This review is on something as ridiculous as scrambled eggs! A few of us went there on Sunday and I ordered what I thought was scrambled eggs. When they came out they were fried eggs. On telling the waiter that there must have been some mistake I was told that all orders are read back to the person at the time of order, that I was wrong and tough luck, I'd have to buy some more. I do not remember my order being repeated back to me, no receipt was given to me (I'd have spotted the error) and I'm sorry but this kind of customer service sucks. That's one way to lose some customers over three eggs Offshore.

• Visited June 2013