“Free bar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ebbw Vale, Wales, United Kingdom
“Free bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Booked up has a self drive 3nights W/end break Dinner BB. With a 3hours night free bar . Evening shows out of this world . £129 all in . Fab .
Rooms was very good . Bathroom shower was abit weak . Low pressure . Good outdoor pool .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the nightly entertainment. I shall pass on your comments to the Maintenance Team who will investigate and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I fully agree with other travellers comments. I have never laughed so much before in fact if I ever repeat the experience, which I am sure I will, I will have a good supply of Tena Lady with me.
Everything was brilliant, the rooms, the friendly staff, the food, the surroundings and most of all
the entertainment.
Enjoyed the trips and Robert, our driver, took us on different routes so we had a change of scenery.

All in all a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Personally I don't think it matters whether facing the road or pool. You only use the room to g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
It is delightful to read that you had a fantastic holiday with us. Your comments will thrill the entertainments team. Our new Christmas Show is currently being rehearsed and I hope that you have the opportunity to come and laugh along with us in the very near future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed 3 nights recently on a trip with Majestic. Had a lovely weekend, with Excellent Food, Excellent Entertainment every evening and excellent service from the staff who were very friendly and polite. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a large en-suite. Lovely terrace at the back of the hotel with patio tables and chairs and a lovely pool, set in a sun- trap.
Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the sunshine around the pool! Thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to seeing you very soon.
Vale of Glamorgan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Majestic coach driver, Esmond, was very friendly and immediately made us feel welcome, a good start to a 4 day break. Arrived at Templestowe at lunch time, unpacked, sat by the pool with a welcome glass of wine and then had a look around the local area - all seemed fine. Our room was large, we had both a double and a single bed; sitting area, plenty of channels on the tv; clean bedding and towels and we overlooked the garden. The en-suite was so tiny (no window) very claustraphobic and we immediately noticed that the shower cubicle needed a re-grout as did the sink. I must admit I felt disappointed as our friends had a lovely en-suite on the 3rd floor. Ours was a struggle to wash and dress in a morning because of extreme lack of space, it must have been a man who designed it!!!! Despite a small cramped en-suite we soldiered on. The dining room was delightful, bright and clean and the food was very good, although it would have been nice to have some fresh fruit at breakfast time. Tinika our waitress served us with a smile. In fact every staff member we met are a credit to the hotel, polite, effecient and nothing is too much trouble for them. Certain parts of the hotel need a lick of paint it looks very tired in places. After our evening meal, the best was yet to be, the finest entertainment ever, we were amazed each night at the exceptional standard each artist brought. Free bar was a bonus and there was no queuing on any evening we were there. In all we enjoyed our stay, made lots of new friends as lots of folks were friendly. Would I go again? Yes, but would pay extra for an upgrade with a sea view and of course a larger bathroom.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea-view. Take a pack of cards as there is no games room, just a swimming pool and t.v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I get great pleasure from reading how my team really enhance all of our guest’s visits. I am sorry on this occasion you were disappointed with your ensuite, all of the bedrooms and bathrooms in the Templestowe are different shapes and sizes, please advise reception at the time of booking with any requests and we will happily try and accommodate you. We are heavily investing in the refurbishment of the hotel and I hope that on your next visit you will notice some changes. As always I will pass on all your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here recently with my husband and friends. On arrival we were shown to our rooms and our luggage was there before we were, the room we had was immaculate and comfortable. Our porter chris was very helpful with places we could visit and what the hotel had on offer for entertainment during our stay. Meals were superb and plenty of choice. Entertainment i have to say was the highlight to this hotel, i have not laughed so much for so long, all done by staff and big shout out to chris the porter who made me laugh so much i found it hard to control my bladder, we have some great pictures of our stay i will put them on here when i know how to. Will certainly return to this hotel in the future, amazing value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Chris is thrilled to bits with your comments (he is also overjoyed to feature in the new Majestic Tours Brochure!) and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Rhondda, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at this hotel. Enjoyed very much, food, entertainment and staff couldn't be faulted. The rooms were lovely and clean. Only complaint is that there was insufficient parking spaces for those who are driving. Many had to search the side streets for parking space.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you had a good holiday with us. We are primarily a coaching hotel, although welcome self drive guests to all of our breaks. Parking is limited and on a first come first served basis. We are fortunate enough to have a reasonable priced car park a couple of minutes away from the hotel and free off street parking. As with all reviews I shall pass on your comments to the team and look forward to welcoming you back.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having been to the Majestic Hotel many times, we expected good entertainment, what we got was nothing short of fantastic, comedy, magic and dancing in one weekend. The room we had was decorated to a high standard and although facing the street was quiet. Praise must go to the hotel staff,nothing is too much trouble,good company and a great weekend, roll on the next one. John M. Glos.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
It is great to hear that you had a fantastic weekend with us. I shall pass on your comments to all the team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Been to Templestowe Hotel? Share your experiences!