“Turkey and Tinsel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
You added Templestowe Hotel to your Saves list
Tor Church Road, Torquay TQ2 5UU, England   |
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southampton
“Turkey and Tinsel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a wonderful time, entertaintment brilliant. would definately go again. coach trips were very good. It had a fantastic family atmosphere. Made to feel extremely welcome. The staff were all very helpful and very happy at all times.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I am delighted that you had a wonderful holiday with us. All of our staff work extremely hard and strive to deliver the best customer service they can. It is lovely to read your comments and as always I will pass on to the rest of the team. I hope to welcome you back in the New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Pontypool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

what can i say that hasn't already been said? Food excellent, room was really clean and well fitted out. The best entertainment I've had here or abroad, the Krankies were superb, and every night we had the best entertainment I have ever had in a hotel.
The only fault was the price of drinks in the bar. Beer £3.05 per pint, small bottle of wine £3.80
the bar snacks were very good and served very quickly, the excursions were enjoyable and varied. In all a very good holiday, no hesitation in recomending the hotel

Room Tip: try to book a superior room with a sea view if you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am so happy to read you had a wonderful holiday with us. In regards to our hotel bar prices we try to remain competitive and hold prices regardless of price increases from suppliers. Our entertainments team work incredible hard, choreographing and producing fabulous shows and I am delighted that we have some great new acts and brand new floor shows lined up for next year. I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for recommending us.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Really enjoyed our early christmas at this hotel, the decorations are really gorgeous, food very good apart from toast in the morning, which could have done with being left in the toaster longer, the hotel itself needs some TLC, but, overall it is clean, warm and the staff are very friendly, entertainment in the evening excellent, we will be going back again very soon.

Room Tip: we were in room 131, lovely room, large and bright with a sea view, recommended.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Many thanks for your review; I am extremely pleased to read that you will be returning in the near future. I have passed on your comments to the Restaurant Manager regarding the toast, our staff would have been happy to have rectified this for you at the time. We are investing a lot into our refurbishment programme over the next year to enhance your next visit with us.
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my third visit to Templestowe Hotel and we enjoyed every moment of the Turkey and Tinsel 5 day break... The entertainment although we had seen most of the acts before we enjoyed just as must as before. The singers and dancers are first class. The staff are all so welcoming it is no wonder we all return again and again. We appreciated the room upgrade to sea view (Thankyou Liz) the only problem that we had was the slowness of the waitress who seems to get very stressed under pressure..... we found this annoying as we were central in a large table setting in between two different waitresses and we got forgotten sometimes.We were first in for our evening meal but last out making us late to get a table for the entertainment.
Apart from that we enjoyed ourselves and we WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Upgrade to sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for another great review I am so pleased that you choose to return to the Templestowe. I have addressed your comments with the Restaurant Manager, who has spoken with the Restaurant Team and I can only apologise you did not receive the usual high standard service. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

At Christmas, we expect pleasant surprises, and the Tinsel & Turkey week we shared with many equally enthused people, was a welcome boost. Unbeatable value for money, effective and efficient running, great and truely helpful staff. Huge menu choice, and really good food.
As an organised bus tour, my cases and luggage appeared in my room, as if by magic, and the check in process saw 50 people through the dorrs in just a few minutes.
I have signed up for short notice vacancies, as I only live 200miles away, and this would be a great base to explore the Devonshire coast from. I look forward to being there again with you soon.

Room Tip: rear for sea view, but either way the quality is equally as good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel; it is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful holiday with us. I have added your contact details to our database and will be in touch should any late availability holidays with us become available. As always I will pass on your comments to all the team and look forward to welcoming you back.
Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

From the pick-up by the coach to the return journey this was not what I was expecting at all.
The hotel was fresh and light with sea veiws from the rear where we had booked a room. the whole place is decorated in the Christmas theme and the efficiant way that this hotel is being run makes for a very pleasant stay indeed.
We had decided that we would just avoid anything that we were not keen on like bingo and poor entertainment or being treated like cattle but we were so supprised with the quality of customer care and entertainment that we did play bingo as it is only 4 houses which lasted about 30mins only, we did stay to the end of every nights entertainment and we were stunned at the high standard of performances.
We now understand why people return so often as we no doubt will,
WELL DONE MAJESTIC...Val & Graham Pearse. From Wales

Room Tip: The sea veiw is well worth the extra - Room 107 has a shower over the bath
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us. We have some fantastic entertainment organised for our future breaks with new shows and acts keeping our entertainment programme one of the best in Torbay. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will pass on your comments to the team.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from spending the weekend at the Templestowe Hotel on one of their Turkey and Tinsel weekends. We booked the weekend as members of a Cardiac Support Group.
We were impressed by the whole weekend. From the easy and quick check in, despite being part of a coach party, to the time that we departed the whole experience was a very enjoyable.
Our cases were delivered to our rooms very swiftly, and the rooms were really impressive and spotlessly clean and had obviously been recently refurbished. All of the staff were exremely obliging with a polite and cheerful manner.
The hotel Christmas decoration were most impressive, with all public areas lavishly decorated.The entertainment every night was very impressive, and was varied, fast moving and of a very high standard, although the first hour each evening was marred, in my estimation by having to suffer Bingo. Our driver Robin was excellent and very friendly, this started from the moment we got onto the coach on Friday to the time we got off on Monday.
The food was plentyful with a good choice, all served efficently and with a smile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel, I personally appreciate all of the feedback we receive. As always I will be passing on your comments on to the rest of the team who work extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Our new brochure is available now from Majestic Tours so I hope to see you both in the near future.

Been to Templestowe Hotel? Share your experiences!