“Very authentic Indian cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Torquay
“Very authentic Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Situated just off Cary Park,Torquay.
A very comfortable, cosy establishment providing a wide and varied menu of authentic Indian and Nepalese dishes. Having lived in India, this is the closest I have come to tasting the countries rich and delicately flavoured dishes. All five of us left only the willow pattern on the plates, all washed down with a couple of bottles of Chardonnay. Service, excellent. Surroundings, spotless. A well stocked bar and an extensive wine list. All in all, an enjoyable and taste-bud drooling evening.
Tip: If you want a table, book early.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Great interesting food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my family for my mother's birthday. We decided to try a couple of Nepalese dishes as well as Indian, since we had never had Nepalese food before. The minced lamb dumplings were my favourite, very nicely seasoned and unlike anything I have ever eaten before. We chose some Nepalese chicken, goat and prawn dishes as well, which were all great. The Indian food was really good too, but I would definitely recommend the Nepalese menu.

The staff were very helpful and explained a lot about the dishes and help us make a choice. Everything was very reasonably priced too, and the portions were very generous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Wales
“Not Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had read the reviews before I went and was looking forward to it. My reception was somewhat lacklustre and asking for a table for one appereared to cause the waiter some pain as he surveyed a large selection of empty tables before thrusting his hand towards the only available table for two.
The meal I chose (garlic lamb) was totally underwhelming. The meat was in cubes (always makes me think of Fray Bentos) and had very little taste and it seemed to be served in a gravy like sauce that was not very enticing to me. I ate less than half of the meal and when I said that I had finished it did no solicit a question such as: "was everything all right with you meal?". At £18.50 (including a litre of Carlsberg) I think I could have got much better food, experience and value for money a stones throw away.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oosterhout, The Netherlands
“Slightly different and great value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very clean, very friendly staff and wonderful flavours on the plate!
Does not look much from the outside but inside it is really lovely and well taken care off.
We were 4 of us and we tried each others dishes and loved them all!
Flavours were slightly different from what I am used to get at an Indian restaurant, more flavour and less spicy. No posh plates or complicated dishes but honest food presented nicely and piping hot. Cannot recall the names of the dishes but the King prawns were huge and the goat was tender and spicy, starters and drinks were nice too.
We booked a table for four and we were happy we did as there were quite a few enjoying a meal in this little gem on a Tuesday. Within few minutes walk there is a parking place and the restaurant is easy to find too!
I would recommend this to anyone who loves food and appreciate authentic flavours.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Torquay, England, United Kingdom
“Not like it used to be”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had a take away tonight and it was horrible, my wife had specail Byriani and i had chicken balti, they both just looked like brown gunk, when they always before looked colourfull and yummie, not anymore.
Gone down hill massively.

• Visited September 2012