“Fish and chips” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Nice place if you want to sit and have your fish and chips.
Friendly service. Good prices.
Tucked down a side street, so might miss if you don't know the area.

Visited October 2013

Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Fantastic selection of fish dishes but as we were at the seaside we had to have cod & chips. Amongst the best fish & chips that we have ever had. Very friendly service and not as expensive as I would have expected given the range of the menu and the very memorable stylish decor.

Visited February 2014
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times over the years and it never disappoints. Three of us had fish, chips, mushy peas and curry sauce. Lovely, reasonably priced and decent portions. The batter on the fish was lovely and crisp, not at all greasy. The fish was flaky and bone and skin free and the chips were chunky, golden and well cooked, again, not greasy. The staff serving were very pleasant too. Thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“WORTH THE WAIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was staying on business in Torquay and fancied fish and chips. The restaurant was not especially busy, maybe half full and I had my pick of tables. My order was taken quickly but then I had a half hour wait for my cod and chips, to the point I was just about to leave when the meal arrived. Somethings are worth waiting for and this fish meal falls into that category. I had a wonderfully cooked piece of thick cod fillet in the lightest of batters and not a sign of grease, absolutely wonderful and just right after a long day on the road.
The staff were very friendly but appeared disorganised, they forgot my mushy peas and as I was close to the bar must have heard 4-5 changes of orders shouted through on the microphone, maybe a customer changing their mind but I got the impression things weren't going too well in the kitchen. However, this had no effect on my wonderful fish supper- give it a go.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Regensburg, Germany
“Awesome lunch :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

After visiting Torquay for 4 years in a row we finally made it INTO Hanbury's - not only the take away. And it was a really nice experience! From a very warm & friendly welcome, the nicely decorated dining rooms - to the excellent food. Great deals for lunch. I had the poached cod with new potatoes and lemon-parsley butter, my son and husband had the medium cod & chips. The food was excellent, my poached fish and the new potatoes so good...! Would recommend this restaurant to everybody :-)

• Visited January 2014