“Just like home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Just like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

As a sales person I have to travel a lot with work, and am away in different hotels most nights, so I can confidently say, that The Briarfields was an absolute delight to find!

Trish and Pete made me feel instantly welcome! Showing me to my completely renovated, fresh, contemporary and overwhelmingly comfortable room (so much so I slept through my alarm the next morning!) - Trish offered me a lovely pot of tea and made breakfast arrangements and then left me to it!

The bathroom was clean and modern and the shower was AMAZING.. a shame there was no bath though - sometimes its nice to relax with soapy suds - this is my only criticism and DEFINITELY will not discourage me from staying again!

I cant really comment on the location - as was there with work and it was dark when I arrived and left in the morning - it was perfect for my business trip though! There are a few other B+B on that road - so MUST be well located!

Pete had sorted my breakfast in time for me to run out the door! Perfect timing!

A definite home from home without the washing up! :o) I now look forward to my next trip to Torquay!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

We arrived early evening and were greeted by Trisha, one of the warm and friendly hosts. Our room was the suite and it was clean, inviting and modern but best of all, it was not cluttered and the bed was extremely comfortable. We would thoroughly recommend this guest house to anyone whom is seeking comfort and style with hospiltality by friendly but not intrusive hosts.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
north somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Trish and Pete made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived welcomed with a nice hot pot of tea, room was really big seperate lounge area with seperate tv and fridge. bathroom was wonderful power shower was too and the bed was huge. Bedding and towels were of exceptional quality and the breakfast was excellent too cooked just how you like it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Surbiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

A beautifully refurbished hotel, excellent room with the most comfortable bed, great breakfast (unusual for a vegetarian) and very friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010 via mobile

From the moment we arrived,pete and trish made my wife and I feel very welcome.The room was excellent,very comfortable and clean with all the necessary amenities you could hope for.The bathroom was ensuite.The English breakfast was excellent,and overall the service is highly recommended.Pete and trish
are great hosts and we will be
looking forward to our next stay at the hotel.Paul and Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010 via mobile

Greeted by both Pete and trish to a cuppa tea and a welcomed chat. They provided information about our location and local amenities. Gave us a great insight into the best places to visit and good meals in the area. We were in a spacious double with sofa desk and mini fridge. Tea making equipment hairdryer. The hotel is very well set out with great contemporary elegance. Clean lines and very welcoming. There was no noise on the night and a good comfortable bed. We woke up to our breakfast with a selection of toast, yoghurt, fruit and cereals followed by a good old English. We were then given a lovely personal send off by both owners and feel we received a good deal in a cracking hotel!! Will definately be going again. With the casino less than 5 mins away with a great meal deal and free bets it was the best place to stay in Torquay. Thankyou
Charlotte & Paul

• Stayed November 2010
MANCHESTER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Found this Hotel on the internet by chance and what a find! The hospatality was superb, the room we stayed in was beautiful, super king bed and so so clean, even down to the little touch of chocolates in the room and our own firidge. We were made so welcome by the owners amd the breakfast was wonderful. If we get the chance again we will definately go again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Briarfields? Share your experiences!