“Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coombe Court Hotel

Coombe Court Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Coombe Court Hotel
You added Coombe Court Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67 Babbacombe Downs Road, Torquay TQ13LP, England   |
Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Torquay
Chipperfield, United Kingdom
“Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A really clean hotel, in a superb location near the cliffs and theatre. The hotel is blessed with a fantastic outlook and valuable car parking facilities. The owners, Julie and Bill, apart from superb scones are warm and genuine hosts. Would recommend Coombe Court to anyone (whether they have brown down or not!). Dawn and Matthew (and one stranded Audi).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel after midnight as travelling from Manchester. Rang hotel earlier to say we would be late. When we got there Julie had us all a cup of tea ready before showing us to our rooms. I had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the sea. Nothing was too much trouble for Julie and her husband. Lovely and friendly! Hotel was a little old fashioned (retro as i call it!) but spotlessly clean. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed four nights at the hotel. The owners were more like hosts and it felt as comfortable as a home away from home could. I was nearing the end of a three month tour so it was wonderful to have Julie's friendly personality and homey touches to welcome me. The other guests were quiet but friendly which suited me to a T. The hotel is an old Victorian so don't expect the modern feel and there is no lift. But the common rooms are inviting and there is nothing lacking. I had a room on the road side but the bit of noise was my own doing really because I loved having the curtains and door open for the sea view and the fresh air! Lovely. The bathroom was tiny but complete. The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect. Just around the corner from the main sea walk and restaurants and close to the road for the bus down to Torquay harbour. Julie made complete breakfasts and I know I disappointed her by only wanting tea, juice, toast and spread. :) To top off a really relaxing few days, Bill gave me a ride to the train station. Thank you both for good memories of Devon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cinderford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have just returned from our fifth stay with Julie & Bill and as always they were great hosts, nothing is ever too much trouble. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, the bed linen is always immaculate, as are the en-suites.

Room Tip: No tips needed, every room is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Launceston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I arrived here on Tuesday,my first break on my own since losing my partner of 38yrs.I was made so welcome from the start by Julie,who owns the hotel with her husband Bill,The room was ready but I was offered a tray of tea in the lounge which made me feel relaxed and welcome,as Julie sat and had a cup with me.The room was lovely and bright and I had a sea view balcony.I had booked 3 nights bed and breakfast but decided to have evening meal each night as well,which was such great value.I cant wait to visit again,which I am hoping to do in September to celebrate my Birthday.All I can say is to be ready to walk the breakfast and evening meal off,you don't go hungry here,not with Julies portions.Ive had a great time here thanks to Julie and Bill.Thanks again.Peter B.Cornwall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Returned today after working in Torquay for 4 days and thought the hotel was wonderful and excellent value for money. All of the rooms were bright and clean. Food quality and quantity was good with plenty of choice on the menu. Everyone was very nice and made my stay extremely comfortable. Overall a great place to stay for anybody.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Enfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Torquay area of south Devon you won't find a warmer welcome than at the Coombe Court Hotel in Babbacombe. It is ideally situated for all the amenities and attractions within the area. The rooms are clean, bright and spacious, some with a sea view.Whether you just need bed and breakfast or bed breakfast and evening meal there is a really good menu choice and large portion sizes. The food is all freshly cooked. If you want to relax, there is a large conservatory at the front of the hotel overlooking the garden, where you can enjoy a drink and some good conversation. You may arrive as a stranger but you will leave as a friend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coombe Court Hotel? Share your experiences!