“Fab food and view” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Fab food and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited early evening on a weeknight. The menu was great and there were plenty of specials on the blackboards. The waiting staff were very knowledgable about the food.

I ordered a shellfish platter for one. When it arrived I honestly thought I'd been given the platter for two! It was enormous!!! I was in seventh heaven - all kinds of prawns, langoustine, hot garlicky mussels, crab including a giant claw, squid, scallops smoked salmon to name but a few. It wasn't cheap but certainly well worth the price. We all enjoyed our food and there was certainly plenty of it, my dining companions had monkfish and lemon sole with veg and potatoes, all of which they reported to be delicious. We all liked the homemade loaf of bread with a sweet pepper butter that was complimentary prior to our main courses, yummy.

The view over the inner harbour is lovely. The only downside is that the restaurant is on the first floor and quite small, so not great as far as accessibility is concerned.

We'll definitely be returning on our next visit to Torquay, I'll have to abstain from eating for a couple of days to prepare myself!

I highly recommend this restaurant to fellow fish and seafood lovers.

Winsford, United Kingdom
“I may return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good food very tasty monkfish, with good selection of vegetables, friendly service.
Downside drinks expensive with limited choice, £2.50 for small warm lemonade?? Draft lager alternates each day due to lack of storage space?? Carlsberg nooooooooo £3.50for a small bottle of San Miguel ??

Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“Superb Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Visited on the off chance of a table and they had one free. Although the dishes are expensive (as it most seafood), the chefs did a wonderful job in bringing out the best flavors.

I would probably say it was the best fish meal I have had.

Worcestershire
“Fabulous Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great place to visit, though you will need to book in advance, fortunately we stated over a Sunday night and as it was out of school holidays we were able to get a table. Fish on the menu included local catch of the day which had literally been caught and taken to the restaurant that afternoon.

You certainly could not fault the size of portions or the quality of the food.

I would definitely dine here again.

Visited May 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Best seafood in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Booked this after looking at Tripadvisor.
Amazing food.
Amazing location.
Amazing service.
We live near to a fishing port so we are not strangers to good seafood. However the Lobster
and Turbot we had was the best we've eaten in a long long time.
Please try the Crab & Shrimp Cocktail to start with, don't think I've ever tasted such a great starter.
Just wish we lived closer, we would be their most regular customers.
Is it pricey?....Not at all, you get what you pay for.

• Visited May 2014