“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
Norfolk
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We had one nights stay, owners were very welcoming and couldn't do enough to help us when we asked for anything, the room was really clean and comfortable and breakfast was exactly what it should be! Thanks a lot guys :)

• Stayed April 2013

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Me and my partner has stayed at the Wayfarer guest house twice last year and going again this year.

Richard and Phil who run the B & B are really nice people and cant do enough for you.

The Bedrooms are clean, good facilities and great breakfasts.

We would recommend this B & B to anybody!

Give it a go, it is a great place to stay and at a reasonable rate! just in Belgrave Road just a walk down the road and you are on the seafront.

Miss Neale

Room Tip: some rooms are on the front, a little noisy at first but you soon get used to it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly welcome, rooms clean, well furnished and warm (most important on a cold February night!). Superb breakfast - one of the best, with a great Full English followed by as much toast and marmalade as you could eat! Heartily recommend both bed and breakfast. Thank you Gentlemen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, hoping to have a nice family weekend in Devon. The room was very in attractively decorated and the floor was dirty. The towels were thin and smelt. My 2 year old son then found a tablet on the floor and thank god gave it me instead of putting it in his mouth. We can't comment on breakfast because we decided to leave before then. We told the manager who said 'he was sorry!' but did not offer to do anything/ reimburse us. Do not stay here! A dangerous rip off.

• Stayed February 2013
Amesbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a nignt ,.Richard and Phil were excellemt hosts from the time we checked in till the point we checked out nothing appeared to phase them.The breakfast is supurb and pleantiful.with homemade bread We were made to feel like guests.who were wanted unlike some other places we have stayed We will return to the Wayfarer and would recommend to others should they find themselves inTorquay..The rooms are spotless,en-suite very clean with complimentary toiletries.
Many thanks to Phil and Richard .for making our short break very relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms would suit but for longer periods of time request a large room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at the wayfarer at the beginning of september with 3 other people.
From the outside the b&b looked exactly what we'd hoped for for our one night stay in torquay to celebrate my friends birthday, but when we got inside we were met by the rudest man I have ever met...
He explained to me and my friend that he did not accept 'group' bookings... which was very clear on the website which explains that stag and hen parties are not advised to book; fair enough. However me and my friend had travelled with our partners and were made to feel that he did not want us there at all! If he didn't want us there he could've stated this after we had booked and not the moment we stepped into the b&b!
This may seem over the top, but I was so angry at the service we received that I knew I had to write a review on here -I never have written a review in my life-...
When we were greeted we were shown to our rooms which were lovely; I couldnt fault them.
Its such a shame that the owner was so rude to me and my friends... even when I asked for a poached egg with my breakfast we rolled his eyes at me and said nothing.
I have work in the hospitality trade all my life and would never make someone feel as if their trade and custom is not wanted... he really did put a downer on my evening as I did not want to stay there!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
philip2131, Owner at Wayfarer Guest House, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Lets put the record straight. This person asked for a midday check in Normal check in is from 2pm.At 4.30pm they rang to say they would be arriving in 30 minutes.Yes i was a little miffed as i had things i needed to get done,but was kept wandering when they would arrive.They said it was such a lovely day they went straight to the harbour for a drink.I was overheard in the next room telling someone on the phone we do not take group bookings.They at no point looked upset as they were out the front patio garden enjoying a cigarette and another drink.30 minutes later they went off to town to enjoy the bars and clubs.Breakfast was served in the usual friendly manner,no rolling of eyes as we usually get special requests at breakfast.If this person has been in the hospitality industry they would know to treat someone with mutual respect and consideration.This person also denies smashing my wash basin with their cava bottle
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stopped there for 3 nights whilst visiting my daughter who is working in Torquay for the Summer. We received a very warm and friendly welcome and our room was neat and clean. Excellent breakfast in the morning and nothing was too much trouble. I booked direct with the Properties and received a discounted price which was excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wayfarer Guest House? Share your experiences!