“Three Night (self Drive) Majestic Offer !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sefton Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Sefton Hotel
You added Sefton Hotel to your Saves list
The Sea Front | Babbacombe Downs Road, Torquay TQ1 3LH, England   |
Ranked #77 of 94 Hotels in Torquay
Newport, United Kingdom
“Three Night (self Drive) Majestic Offer !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good Location -Thats All !!! This hotel has been left to rundown and is in need off investment - I fell for the (Staged Room) Pics....Gos know who get those rooms, but our was the other end of the evolutionary scale.... Grubby, cheap worn fittings, musty and old portable TV that had four channels , all with a bad picture! No Internet connection (As Described) Unless you are sitting on reception desk (and I mean ON the desk) Meals were like hospital food and the very VERY worst aspect - The man ans woman sat on the reception desk, you may be forgiven for thinking you are staying in a Funeral Home, They both seem to have had a Charisma Bypass.... Bad Attitude.....Guest's a just a source of Annoyance to them......
I would not even consider this hotel, try the YMCA - It's probably cleaner and I am sure you will be made more welcome !!!

Room Tip: Te be sure of a nice stay in Babbacombe do not cross their threshold !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Barry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is not my first visit and I did say I would never go back. I had been told work had been done and because it was an event weekend I though to give it a try. Another let down.
This hotel could be great but some things cannot be overlooked. The bedrooms are getting more tired and grubby as are the public rooms. The receptionist is still unable to smile. The ceiling is still leaking in the dinning room and the food is still mediocre.
BUT some of the staff are great, the on-suite in my room had been 'upgraded', the free bar helped me not to notice the bedroom shortcomings and as the wind had dropped the curtains had stopped blowing against the bed. On the good side a few new rooms that have been added but they seem very small, and the view is one of the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have just returnedf rom 4 days staying at the Sefton hotel. We had a great time and I could not fault it on anything.The position, situated looking straight out to the sea, but set back from the road was perfect as we were concerned. All the staff were cheerful and helpful, Our room was clean and tidy, as was the ensuite. The hot water seemed limitless! The restaurant was warm and welcoming, and the food great. Three choices of starters, mains and sweets+ coffee, everything we had to eat,we found well prepared and piping hot. Despite the weather being very col,,the hotel was beautifully warm at all times. I would be happy to stay there at any time soon

Room Tip: All of the rooms from 1-16 on the first floor were in the front of the hotel and had sea views and b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a tinsel and turkey at this hotel and for what you pay is excellent value for money .the food and the service was good value for money .The waitressand the bar staff was really freindly and the entertainment although not brilliant was fairly good but at the price we paid you could not worry about that as we did not pay alot and so you cant expect it There is a bus stop nearby if you want to take atrip into Torquay or Paignton Overall i reccomend this hotel as the price you pay is good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went with 9 others memebers of our family & had a great time. Although a bit outdated & in need of a make over, the hotel is very nice. Well laid out, excellent bars & dance hall area. The staff are excellent & look after you very well. The rooms are spacious & v ery clean. The food was very good & plenty of it our waiter (Neil) was excellent, always willing to help out with different dietry needs etc...we will return when the warmer weather is upon us....

Room Tip: Facing Babbacombe bay - excellent views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Have just spent our 9th Xmas at the Sefton and once again the management and staff made sure
everything was perfect. Our room was clean and spacious and food excellent. Great service from Neil (our waiter) who was always efficient and friendly . The buffet on Xmas evening was.. the best we have had . Good entertainment in the evening and quizzes and bingo during the day.We meet up with friends each year and we've already booked for next year.

we had an enjoyable we had a good time

Room Tip: rooms with balconies overlooking the sea are brilliant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband, myself and 2 friends spent 4days over Xmas and had a dreadful time, the room and some of the food was good, Xmas day dinner was very disappointing, shortly after one of our friends was violently sick, next day my husband and other friend were ill sickness and diareah, I went down with it the day we came home. There were other people also ill, it had to be food poisoning or the norovirus, I think it was the virus. Having told them on reception about my 3friends they couldn't care less, there was no attempt whatsoever to help or wipe services down, or even give me an antiseptic spray as my friend had been sick all down the wall and carpet. The lady on the desk was the rudest and offhand person I have met. This is the 2nd visit for us and will be the last. I don't expect Hilton faciliaties but do expect decent treatment and help when so many people were ill. The hotel needs a good clean to get rid of the virus if that is what it was.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sefton Hotel? Share your experiences!