“Nice Tex/Mex joint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #184 of 500 restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Arribas, the first choice for excellent food, a vibrant atmosphere and a warm & friendly welcome. Situated in a prime location on Plymouth's historic Barbican, Chris and his team welcome you to our family friendly Restaurant. Our authentic Mexican cuisine can be prepared to suit all tastes, be it hot and spicy or mild and tasty, as well as a selection of Vegetarian and Continental dishes also available. To complement our diverse menu choice, we also have an extensive selection of wines and beers as well as a cocktail menu including pitchers of Sangria and ice cold Margaritas. Away from the table we invite you to experience our newly refurbished "Havana Bar" upstairs which offers a relaxing and comfortable setting for you to enjoy. It offers the same extensive range of Wines, Beers & Cocktails as the Restaurant and can be accompanied by a selection of Combos or light dips and picks from our bar Menu for you to experience. The Havana Bar is also available for Private Functions - please see a member of the Arribas team for details.
Jena, Germany
“Nice Tex/Mex joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

visited with friends for Dinner. To our surprise, they could easily accommodate a party of 14 people without reservation - quite a spacious place. The hostesses were very nice and the service was quick. Food was priced around £11 for most stuff. They also had steaks, fish and ribs apart from the regular fare of Burritos, Fajitas etc. The portions were quite big. The ambiance was nice and relaxing with popular cheesy Latin music adding to it.

Visited April 2013

57% Recommend
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“try it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A regular here, foods great and filling. Definitely worth a visit if you are looking for a good mexcan.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Nice food but service food took a while to arrive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here last weekend as a treat while we were staying in Plymouth and I was really looking forward to it. The restaurant is one large open room which was quite noisy but meant there was a decent atmosphere. We were put on a table which wasn't accessible without asking the people on the next table to move, but it wasn't that much of a problem. Drinks were super super quick to arrive but the food took a while, we were waiting nearly an hour for our starters but we didn't mind too much because it was obviously busy. I had jacket potato skins to start and it was a very small portion, not what I was expecting. For my main I ordered a vegetarian fried enchillada with "home made chips" (which weren't home made), and the food was quite tasty but the presentation left a lot to be desired considering this dish cost £10.95. I probably would visit again as I love Mexican food but it wasn't really as good as I was expecting and I felt it was expensive for what you got.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
chrisdc1, Owner at Arribas Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for your review . We have always held a good standard of food portions with many customers who tell us we give too much and its great value for money. I can assure you that the chips are home made and we use nothing put fresh potatoes which are peeled and chipped on site. The food presentation of an enchilada is quite basic just like a lasagne out of the oven onto a plate and there's not much else you can really do apart from put it on a base plate and serve whilst hot, but it the preparation prior to cooking the enchilada is what makes it worth waiting for hence your slight delay. Please note that ALL the dishes in Arribas are not pre cooked and is cooked fresh to order with many individual request which we try our upmost best to cater for. As for the price, this reflects on the time, quality and ingredients we put into making the enchiladas and making them tasty that enable us to charge a small fee of £10.95.
“Arrrrrrrrriba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent the owner gave me discount on accordance with my behaviour & manors. Food was Mexican and cooked well. One problem is atmosphere is low most weekdays. But I thouuroughly enjoyed it

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good size portions never had a bad meal here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Really good size portions and a huge variety on menu. Nice to try different foods.
The cocktails are also very nice. Good service and atmosphere when busy!

• Visited December 2012