“Good value. Excellent location for shopping and sightseeing” 5 of 5 stars

You added Jurys Inn Plymouth to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Plymouth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Exeter Street, Plymouth PL4 0AZ, England   |
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
“Good value. Excellent location for shopping and sightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Just eaten in restaurant Service good a little rushed but food very good Room is clean and comfortable Parking next door in underground car park £6 from 5pm till11am if you give reception yr reg no. Shopping almost opposite hotel. The marina is behind the hotel which is full if shops and restaurants

• Stayed January 2014
DonalStafford, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Lorraineriley97,

Many thanks for your review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can ever be of assistance for future bookings, please don't hesitate to get in touch at Donal_Stafford@jurysinns.com

Kindest Regards,

Donal

Donal Stafford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I could not believe it, the price was just £43 for a family room. Can't go wrong, no brainer I thought. It is centrally located, good for those arriving by train with luggage. I got there about 3.00pm, the service at reception was great and the room was large, clean, modern and comfortable. My pillows were just fine. The breakfast is all that you would expect in a mid range hotel, nothing fancy but ample. The staff again were very helpful. No brainer!

Room Tip: We had a room that nearly faced the sea, away from the main road.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My family of me, my husband, 2 children and my mother stayed one night here on a Thursday night. We had booked online in advance and got 2 rooms of £40 each with a double bed and single bed in each.
The receptionist was very friendly and we were seen to quickly. The rooms were spacious, beds comfortable with extra pillows and blankets in room already if needed. The room was very warm when we first arrived but the heating system was easy to use in the room.
The hotel bar was as expensive as I would expect any hotel bar to be and was pleasantly surprised when we were not charged for my children's 2 drinks of juice as they could have easily been charged.
Breakfast wasn't included and my only issue is that it was £8 for breakfast per person if you ordered the night before £10 if you paid that morning which I think is quite expensive it only works out well if like us you have kids as they were free under 12 years old so it was worth it as we had 2 children but I wouldn't have done it without them. And also as my mother is an early riser she saw the food out at 5.30am even though service didn't start till 6.30am an hour later.
On the whole, good value for central location!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel again last week - roughly a year after my last stay - whilst the food and restaurant and associated staff are as good as ever - the desk staff and the booking-in/out experience is 100% better this time. An excellent stay and very comfortable. Good location. All the things you need. Pleasant and peaceful.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We booked this hotel having tried virtually everything else in Plymouth and not really finding anything terribly impressive. We were reluctant to try as it has some awful reviews and even our daughter, who lives in the city, tried to dissuade us at the last minute but as it was New Year's Eve there was not much choice but to give it a go. The greeting on arrival was warm and the check in process easy and quick. We were given information on where to park and I felt a rate of 6GBP was not excessive for overnight/until 11 a.m. the next day. Parking is not great in Plymouth at any time and while it is inconvenient that the hotel does not have its own car park, it is a matter of less than a minute to the one recommended to us. Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious enough and although we had worried about noise we were not disturbed at all, which was especially surprising considering the date. We did not have dinner at the hotel but did eat breakfast the following morning. I'm not sure if all hotels brief their personnel on how important that first greeting from the restaurant staff is - it is after all often the first time someone will have spoken to you that day - but the welcome here was outstanding. There was a good choice of hot and cold items and although it was very busy in the restaurant the staff did keep the buffet well stocked. We checked out immediately after breakfast and as we were heading for the lift with our bags a member of staff who was passing the lift pressed the call button, greeted us with a smile and walked on. The check out process was quick and friendly. The hotel is well situated for shopping and for the restaurants etc. of the Barbican. We were bowled over by the excellent customer service we received - well done to everyone involved in training and delivery - and we will definitely stay again on our next visit to Plymouth.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here this past weekend, and for something cheap and centralised it was perfect. Staff were friendly, particularly when I was ringing down drunk at 2am trying to order a pizza. The bed was very comfy, in particular the linen, my only minor gripe was it was ever so slightly too warm in the room, but I didn't make much of an effort to locate the air con so I won't take off any points. It's close to some great pubs, and about 5 minutes walk from the Barbican, and less to the shopping mall.

With any luck, I'll be travelling to Plymouth regularly, and this will be the only hotel I'll consider.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear D V,

Thank you for your review and continued custom! If I can ever be of asistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at Donal_Stafford@jurysinns.com

Kind Regards,

Donal

Donal Stafford
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before and again it was a great place to stay. It's close to the town centre and the Barbican. The room prices and service is good and all the staff very friendly. My only complaint is the pillows are hard and not very comfortable but apart from that all is goodp

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Jurys Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!