“Fab Hotel & Excellent Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Future Inn Plymouth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 William Prance Road, Plymouth PL6 5ZD, England   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fab Hotel & Excellent Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have used this venue for my business and found that the hotel was perfect for our every need! Clean, well laid out rooms with staff that are very attentive and the food is excellent! highly recommended!!! So much so that we have booked to use their facilities again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit.
We are very pleased to hear you found the hotel, staff and food so pleasant.
We strive to offer an excellent experience to all of our guests, and it is great to read that we have not disappointed.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here with my partner and 2 children (aged 8 and 15) on 25th December for 2 nights as we were visiting family nearby. On arrival at the hotel we were a little surprised by the fact that the large car park only had approx 10 cars in it. When we went into reception, there was no member of staff on duty. We were told by another resident that the member of staff had gone off to get him some food (the restaurant was closed - we had not been informed of this when we booked so it was just as well we weren't hungry as trying to find somewhere to eat on Christmas Day evening would have been very difficult!!!!). We waited for over 10 minutes for the member of staff to reappear. While we were waiting there was a complimentary snacks table which consisted of ham, cheese and some kind of fish sandwiches which were dried out and looked as though they had been there all day. There was also a selection of teas and coffees but no cups, no hot water, no milk and no sugar. There were a selection of biscuit packets available but we thought we would wait until we got to our room. Once we were checked in we went up to our room which was surprisingly comfortable, clean and well equipped with decent tv, free wifi signal and comfy beds. Sadly there was only one bottle of complimentary water and one packet of biscuits (with 3 biscuits) available for a family of four (how the children wished they had picked some up from the table in reception!!!!). The bathroom was well appointed and clean but we were told when we checked in that we would have to call down for more towels as they had no record of the children coming so had only left us 2 towels. Also one sachet of shampoo and shower gel for a family of 4 is not enough! I did not have breakfast the following day but my partner said that he was a disappointed with the selection available. There was no fruit (fresh or tinned) available and the selection of hot foods was not great. On our last morning we were surprised when there was a knock on the door at 10am on the dot by the housekeeping staff obviously wanting to service our room. I know the hotel is usually set up for business users (who leave the hotel well before 10am) but the fact that it was Christmas, we were obviously using it for leisure purposes and the fact that the hotel had barely any residents, we thought this was a bit over the top. It could easily have been arranged for the residents to have later check out times such as 11am (or 12pm as was the case when we stayed at the Holiday Inn the year before). Overall I would stay here again but only because it is in a convenient position for us and the price was good for the standard of the room but I would not eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We appreciate both positive and negative feedback, as it gives us an opportunity to improve in areas that guests feel we are falling short in.
Firstly I am sorry that you had to wait to check in; over the holiday period we run with less staff on shift, however there should not have been such a long wait to be attended to.
I am also sorry for the items missing from your room; the reason for this is because our rooms are set up for 2 guests. I will contact the agent you used to book the room to discuss why we were not fed the correct information regarding your party.
Finally, I would like to send my apologies that you were disturbed at 10am by our housekeeping department. Our check-out time is in fact 12noon, therefore you were welcome to stay in the room until then.
Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not deliver the level of service expected during your stay. We do hope you choose Future Inns again during your next visit to Plymouth.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here for three night on business and was more than happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and room.

The staff were very professional and the hotel is close to the city centre.
The connecting restaurant had little atmosphere but nice food.

There is also a McDonald's and pizza hut within walking distance if you fancy that crap.

Would definitely stay here if travelling to Plymouth

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are grateful for the kind words regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and professional staff.
We pride ourselves on catering to the needs of both leisure and business guests, and I am pleased to read that we were suitable for your business needs.
We hope you choose Future Inns the next time you visit Plymouth.
Suffolk UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

we stayed mid December Hotel very spacious . Room excellent a twin room with 2 very large beds in it. Very comfortable ones. We had a good deal for 3 nights inc breakfast. The restaurant was empty first day at 845 There was no instruction on sitting or helping yourself etc No big deal but it would have helped. A cup of coffee and pot of tea brought to table not very hot. Eggs to be ordered. cereals and some stale bread to toast. The cooked food looked like it was left overs and had been sat there for a long time. Once the eggs arrived then we could get the rest of it. There was no clearing of plates from our table . This occured each day 2 men using lap tops amidst their dirty dishes and no attempts to clear it. Last day a friendly greeting and much better but....really the hotel was let down by the restaurant. I had heard conflicting reports about it and it seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Quiet in side hotel despite being very busy area. So I will go again but no breakfast.

Room Tip: Our room on the front 3 floor was excellent No knowledge of others
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for the kind comments regarding comfortable and quiet room.
However, I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered whilst taking breakfast in our restaurant on the first two mornings.
We endeavour to offer fresh food at all times and I am sorry that on this occasion we have not met expectations.
I hope you visit us again, and give us an opportunity to rectify the issues you encountered.
Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Excellent, peaceful, friendly staff and great location (family live within walking distance of hotel).
Suited all our needs.
Have stayed here several times before and Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Christmas break with us.
As a regular visitor, we recommend signing up to our Future Club Rewards scheme, just see our website or ask a member of the reception team next time you visit.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cornwall
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Christmas Eve. Check in was speedy and smooth, and the Gentleman on Reception was very friendly and was happy to help and make conversation.

Entering our room, it was very spacious, very clean and cosy.

We decided to order room service as it was Christmas Eve and we were unsure if any Restaurants in the town were open (now i wish we checked before hand)

We ordered 2 chicken caesar salads at £9 each. I really do wish i took a photo for evidence as to how dismal this meal was. I paid £9 (plus another £3.50 for room service) for an average sized plate consisting of; 4 romaine lettuce leaves, a few chunks of chicken, tiny amount of crushed croutons, and a dollop of garlic mayo. I cannot believe this could be classed as a salad....the only vegetable on the plate was 4 leaves of lettuce.

I highly recommend that whoever is in charge of the restaurant and the food leaving the kitchen, ensures a massive overhaul of staff and has active participation on what each dish consists of. What I ate was no more than 30 seconds of 'creativity' and 50p worth of food.

I have read the other reviews and can not understand why after so many negative reviews of the food and restaurant, nothing is being done. This hotel is fantastic otherwise, and the only thing letting it down is the food quantity/quality. I was going to have breakfast in the morning but after my initial dinner experience, not a chance, I may aswell throw my money out my window from the top floor.

30 minutes after our 'dinner' we went to a local takeaway down the road. And stocked up on some complimentary biscuits!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review.
Firstly I would like to thank you for the comments regarding the quality of your room and helpfulness of our front of house team.
I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room service order. We aim to serve food of a high standard, and I apologise that on this occasion we have not lived up to that standard. Whilst I understand this is little consolation, we would recommend contacting the restaurant as soon as the food was delivered so that the issue could be rectified straight away for you.
Once again please accept my apologies, and I hope you visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We have tried a number of hotels in Plymouth for when we visit my ageing parents who live in a single bedroomed flat. To date we had not found a hotel which we found welcoming, clean and reasonably priced. However we have now.

The Future Inn is everything that we need in a hotel. We booked a suite and brought my parents back with us and used the adjoining room to spend a few hours before eating in the hotels restaurant. The food is quite straightforward, but was prepared, presented and served extremely well. The wine was excellent and the restaurant staff quite lovely.

There is a huge amount of parking which appears to be quite secure. The hotel is also surprisingly quiet even though it is conveniently close to the main Plymouth to Tavistock road.

I would most definitely give this three star hotel five stars and will be back again soon. Indeed my parents are keen to come back and stay with us over a weekend, just to have a break from their flat.

I understand that this Canadian owned chain currently only has three hotels in the Britain, (Plymouth/Bristol/Cardiff) and I hope that they now have the confidence to extend their coverage across the UK. A breath of fresh air and a great asset to Plymouth.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are very grateful for the kind comments regarding the standard of the hotel and restaurant.
I am especially pleased to hear that you found the restaurant staff so pleasant; this feedback will be passed on to the restaurant manager.
The company does plan to expand throughout the UK in the future, so please keep an eye out.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Future Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!